Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEE BONNIE NOTES  (Read 28567 times)

Ginny

Re:THE WEE BONNIE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2005, 09:17:17 AM »

Just remember DRSANDRA - it is much easier to "type" your paper on a computer and print it out than it was back in our Old Days on a real typewriter - manual no less.

Arrghhh!  And remember the agony of trying to get the footnotes to appear at the bottom of the right page?  Someone taught me a very slick technique to deal with that, which I taught to students for years (until word processing, thankfully, rendered it obsolete).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2005, 09:18:08 AM »

TOD:

How could I foregt the LOTR trilogly!

Some buckles being swashed there....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2005, 09:21:14 AM »

I suppose the appropriate Page 3 dance would be a wee bit of Highland Fling.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2005, 09:21:36 AM »

Me too!  Me too!

I've never really kept statistics, but have Meredith & Gretchen made it further than any of the other "senior" couples that have been cast?  It seems as if they have, and I say good for them!  (Not rooting for them to win, or anything, but good for them!)

I am not sure either, but I do think they have gotten farther then any previous oldsters! And I don't know how they do it...they are certainly doing better then I ever could!

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »

RE: American Idol!  Did anyone see The Amazing Race this week?

Well you know I did! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2005, 09:25:53 AM »

DR Stuart wrote:
Me too!  Me too!

I've never really kept statistics, but have Meredith & Gretchen made it further than any of the other "senior" couples that have been cast?  It seems as if they have, and I say good for them!  (Not rooting for them to win, or anything, but good for them!)

I am not sure either, but I do think they have gotten farther then any previous oldsters! And I don't know how they do it...they are certainly doing better then I ever could!

Yes I'm pretty sure they have made it farther than any of the other older teams.  And while I certainly like them, I can't help but realize they are not very good.

I think the reasons that they have made it this far is: 1)they got lucky and came in last during a non-elimination AND a to be continued.  2)they got lucky and finished next to last a few times with worse teams behind them.

Really if you watch them they are sweet.  But they are very slow and make tons of mistakes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2005, 09:26:10 AM »

Oops (spoo, spelled backwards)

And the word of the day is: TONSIL!

How many people still have theirs?  And, like Benjamin Kritzer, do you have vivid memories of having them out, if you indeed had them out?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2005, 09:27:42 AM »

Does the House of Flying Daggers count as a swashbuckler?  It's wonderful!

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2005, 09:28:23 AM »

Here is a page 3 dance, courtesy of June Wilkinson

Charles Pogue

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

I still have my tonsils.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:08 AM »

There are just five teams left on THE AMAZING RACE.  I know DRJENNIFER doesn't like Lynn & Alex, but I think they are doing okay.  Uchenna & Joyce are my near-favorites right now.  Rob & Amber - are okay, but I really don't want them to win.

You're right I find Lynn & Alex annoying.  Can I ask why you don't want Romber to win?  Do you 1) not like their game style 2) not want them to win more $$ or 3) do not think they deserve to win?

I think you are not alone.  I think many people are enjoying Romber but they don't want them win.  And I guess this stumps me, because they are clearly the strongest team.  They are so kind to each other.  They play so smartly.  And they are the most competitive team.  I'm actually quite surprised that they are so loving towards each other.  I've never seen them fight and they are so encouraging - it's actually really nice to see.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:41 AM »

By the way, CP, one of my recent interviewees, Mr. Tony Russel, worked with June W. in a play/dinner theater. He sent me a photo from it to use for the magazine article. I will see if I can remember to post it here.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2005, 09:30:47 AM »

My tonsil's are still where they ought to be.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32:31 AM »

I like Uchenna and Joyce also, but my top fave's are Meredith and Gretchen...if either of those two teams win I will be happy.

Lynn and Alex are OK, but when one of them called Meredith and Gretchen stupid, it knocked them down a bit on my "like" scale.

I miss the brothers.

Not too fond of Rob and Amber or Ron and Kelly. I wouldn't mind seeing Rob and Amber brought down a few pegs.

Of course I am judging these teams on sentimental value.... :)

DR MBarnum, I think there are many people who pick their favorites just like you do!  But I wouldn't count on the grannies winning.  I have been staying away from spoilers.  But just based on common sense, I think they would be quite lucky just to get to the F3.

I have not been crazy about Ron and Kelly thusfar.  But I do think they are the second strongest team.  I was impressed that they got to the yield before romber did.  Should be an interesting fight to the finish.

Btw, how crazy were they to listen to Rob tell them NOT TO YIELD ANYBODY.

Gosh rob cracks me up sometimes. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32:43 AM »

I still have my TONSILs...

Which always seem to become an "issue" whenever I come down with some sort of major ears/nose/throat infection/crap - like last year at this time.  UGH!  I used to get strep "normally" when I was younger, unfortunately(?), it was not frequent enough for the doctor to justify having my tonsils taken out.  And since the procedure is highly NOT suggested for adults...
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2005, 09:35:17 AM »

Yesterday at 9:18:42pm PDT, DR Rodzinsky asked (#166):
BK question- Your favorite Arthur Schwartz song?

And  at 9:33:55pm PDT, BK replied(#167):
Love By Myself.

Was that song the inspiration for "Making Love Alone"?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2005, 09:35:45 AM »

DR Stuart re: the To Be CONTINUED, well there are still 4 weeks left and only 2 more will go before the last show (and that doesn't include this past week). So i knew there would be some non-elims.  So I was not surprised when they announced the TBC.  It seemed pretty obvious as soon as Amber read out that odd pitstop wording.  Plus you could see how tired they all were.

So what are your reasons for hating Romber?  I'm guessing many dislike Rob's cunning behavior.  Personally I cannot get enough of it! (and am so happy they have made it this far) :)

Charles Pogue

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2005, 09:36:18 AM »

All right, you all heard it here.  BK & I are confirmed for dinner.  We've know the time and we know the place. Most importantly, I KNOW the DAY! Tonight...No one eats alone!  Or I'll high-gawd know the reason why!

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2005, 09:36:44 AM »

My brother and I both had our tonsils out on the same day.  Since it was scheduled for April 1, we both kept saying it was all a joke, and it wasn't going to happen.  I still remember the smell of the ether.
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2005, 09:39:09 AM »

DR FS Pogue:

I was somewhat surprised to learn that one so erudite in the wilds of Los Angeles does not have a cell phone.  Neither do we.

Do you also encounter people who ask for your cell phone number and then look at you in shock when you say you don't have one?
--Wayland Flowers

Charles Pogue

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2005, 09:39:18 AM »

Tony Russel is a name I recognize.  Seems to me, he supported a lot of lady stars in Dinner Theatre...like Kathryn Crosby.  I've seen him on stage, I'm sure.  I think my pal Larry Drake may have worked with him too.  Did he do either Pyjama tops or Move Over, Mrs. Markham with June?

What did Tony do before his dinner theatre stints...are there movies or TV shows I should know him from?

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2005, 09:42:08 AM »

I just don't care for Romber's attitude, mainly. But I do think Rob is a good player...I don't think Amber is much of a player,  however. If it weren't for Rob she would be left in the dust on the side of the rode....even Gretchen could run circles around that girl! She really just rides Rob's coattails...not unlike how she was in Survivor.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »

Was that song the inspiration for "Making Love Alone"?

Which reminds me of a song in a similar vein that Ed Kleban sang in the BMI workshop some twenty odd years ago (but seems to have disappeared), called "Do It Yourself".  Lehman found it offensive.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:48:55 AM by William F. Orr »
--Wayland Flowers

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2005, 09:42:29 AM »

Tonsils:  My middle sister and I had ours out together.  That was back in the day where you actually stayed in the hospital for a couple of days afterward.  I was only 4 or 5 but I remember them bringing us both jello afterwards, which my sister promptly threw up all over her bed.  When we got home, we discovered our parents had bought one of those big (or so it seemed to my 4 year old body) above the ground pools (not a wading pool, but an actual two or three feet deep round one).  They had a big party and I remember one of my parents' friends (with the improbable name of Earl Peacock, I kid you not) threw dollar bills in the pool for me to retrieve.  Ah, memories, pressed between the pages of my tonsils.

Re:  Son of Fury.  I am still trying to see where the alleged Cobina Wright (whom Frances replaced) is in these alleged master shots people refer to.  :)  And a little birdie told me Son of Fury is on Fox's DVD release schedule for sometime soon, maybe even with the Farmer A&E Biography as an extra on which I am alleged to appear.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2005, 09:44:38 AM »

Re:  Amber.   That is exactly what Betsy says about her, too, MB.  She has said repeatedly that Amber was just a "blank" on the original Survivor (she was Jeri's minion, IIRC).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2005, 09:45:53 AM »

I don't like the way Rob plays the game.  I think it is a game of skill first AND a game of strategy second. JOMO of course.

I still have my tonsils!

June June June!  There is NOT a better twister on the planet!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2005, 09:46:47 AM »

I didn't realize Frances was a replacement in SOF.  Oh my.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

I do not have my tonsil any longer. The adenoids also came out along with the tonsils. My two older sisters and I had them out at the same time. What were doctors thinking in those days!!! My mother was then saddled with three children all under the age of 7 who needed recuperation, care and attention and ice cream.

WFO, I, too, have strong memories of the ether and of beginning to count backwards from 100. I did not get far.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2005, 09:50:32 AM »

I suppose the appropriate Page 3 dance would be a wee bit of Highland Fling.
Just for you!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2005, 09:51:04 AM »

When I was about 7, it was either my tonsils or my ability to hear, so the tonsils had to go (along with my adenoids).  My mother made me a yellow pique robe to wear in the hospital and my parents bought me a Cinderella wristwatch, which came packaged in a (plastic) glass slipper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up