Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AHA  (Read 33324 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:AHA
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »

So sorry to hear your bad news, Ginny. It must have been quite a shock. I'll keep all your office friends in my thoughts.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2005, 03:31:27 PM »

New Page Dance!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »

Tomovoz: Jo Loesser and her legal person put the kibosh on the Where's Charley recording.  She's notorious for this sort of thing - after raving about the production, and, at first, sort of being okay with the recording, she just did an about face and that was that.  Really foolish, if you ask me.  Your order has shipped, Tom.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2005, 04:13:21 PM »

Very sorry to hear of the losses at your office, DR Ginny.

There is some good news that you will be interested in, however.  In November, the WB network will be airing FELICITY: AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE.  It's been written by our very own erstwhile DR Panni!  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »

Hasn't Jo Loesser been referred to somewhere as the Loesser of too evil?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2005, 04:20:44 PM »

Tomovoz: Jo Loesser and her legal person put the kibosh on the Where's Charley recording.  She's notorious for this sort of thing - after raving about the production, and, at first, sort of being okay with the recording, she just did an about face and that was that.  Really foolish, if you ask me.  Your order has shipped, Tom.
Once again my thanks BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2005, 04:25:49 PM »

DR Cillaliz, thanks for the BB6 updates earlier. I really enjoyed them.  If you ever watch the live feeds again, be sure to post if anything interesting happens.

SPOILER sort of BB6

I watched for a little while last night. I really feel bad for Kaysar. He's going and he knows it and seems so depressed. He's not attacking anyone, just sleeping a lot and trying to make sure people will be his friend when he's gone.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2005, 04:26:32 PM »

Very sorry to hear of the losses at your office, DR Ginny.

There is some good news that you will be interested in, however.  In November, the WB network will be airing FELICITY: AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE.  It's been written by our very own erstwhile DR Panni!  
Hungarian screenwriter, Australian Director and filmed in Toronto.
Global!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2005, 04:26:49 PM »

BK - great blurbs.  I'm really looking forward to reading the book....

BTW - I FINALLY got to listen to my new Guy Haines CD - I loved it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2005, 04:28:46 PM »

I had a strange thing happen tonight. The parking ramp wouldn't let me out! They've recently gone without humans. I used my pass and the arm wouldn't go up. Of course it did for everyone else and there I was stuck behind the arm.....hmmmm....I suppressed my urge to crash though it and paid for a lost ticket. I drove straight to the office and they refunded my money, but I must admit it must have looked silly to all the people zooming out past me.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2005, 04:44:12 PM »

PennyO -- I am so sorry to hear about your double loss.  You are in my thoughts and my prayers.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2005, 04:52:34 PM »

. Of course, Jana Schneider was also up from DROOD and maybe votes for a DROOD actress were split allowing Bebe to win.

Has there been any follow-up stories regarding Jana Schneider and her condition?  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »

For anyone who has enjoyed the Haines CD, hie yourself over to amazon and write a cozy little review.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2005, 04:59:05 PM »

Now I can't remember who mentioned Take On Me today...but thanks to them, it'll be in my head for the rest of the day! :)

Nothing is more fun than a table of half drunk people singing along with the final verse of this song with everyone shrieking that last note:

"Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiy!!!!"

Horrible sounds, good times.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »

DR Ginny, sorry about your disturbing news at work.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2005, 05:00:43 PM »

My Accomplishments in Canada:

read "The Other Bolyen Girl" by Philipa Gregory historical fiction ( I recommend it)

read "Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince" (as did the Vixter... the jury is mixed on this ...the Vixter loved it right up until the unfortunate demise of a beloved person... I am not sure HOW I feel about this one... I think I need a reread)

Welcome back, Vixmom.  However, I do wish you had posted a SPOILER ALERT on this previous post.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2005, 05:01:27 PM »

All right - I'm going to share the first blurb for Rewind.  I have thought long and hard and also hard and long about how to deal with the book on this here site.  I think that what will be best is to not discuss the plot of the book at all - that way, it's a surprise for everyone who reads it.  I know you'll all understand this completely, starting with this very blurb.  I'm really proud of this blurb - feel free to say you like it, etc. without going into further detail at this time.  Here is the blurb:

"Bruce Kimmel's Rewind is a fascinating work of fiction, an alternately
dark, witty and chilling account of the trouble an honorable man can get
into in the music business, enhanced by intriguing 'insider' details that
spring from the author's apparently hard-earned experience as a record
producer. Good nasty, devious fun."  Dick Lochte, author of Sleeping Dog, Blue Bayou, The Neon Smile.

Oooo...very nice.  I think that this speaks volumes. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2005, 05:04:04 PM »

Welcome back, Vixmom.  However, I do wish you had posted a SPOILER ALERT on this previous post.

You didn't know??  All of the press for the book that I've read/heard/seen mentions that a beloved character dies.  Of course, none has said which character, just that one does. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2005, 05:11:06 PM »

You guessed it first here at HHW.com: Per Jose's blind item, Playbill has just announced that the current revival of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF will close up shop on January 8, 2006.

Jason

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »

Wait, we thought MOVIN' OUT was closing, didn't we? Well...maybe that'll be next, but I specifically remember us choosing FIDDLER, too...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2005, 05:15:30 PM »

You didn't know??  All of the press for the book that I've read/heard/seen mentions that a beloved character dies.  Of course, none has said which character, just that one does. :-\

George, I have purposely avoided all press regarding the HARRY POTTER book so that I wouldn't have to read anything about it.  I'm sorry if that seems strange.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2005, 05:16:29 PM »

Thank you for the kind words, DRs Laura, SWW, and DtM.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »

Hasn't Jo Loesser been referred to somewhere as the Loesser of too evil?

Actually, DRSWW, the Loesser of two evils was his alcoholic first wife.  I'm very fond of Jo Loesser, but she can be a tough cookie!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2005, 05:20:08 PM »

I read on playbill.com today that Middletown, OH, native Debra Monk will step into the role of Mama Morton in Chicago on Broadway.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2005, 05:21:33 PM »

FJL: I loved Rachel in DESSA ROSE, though the show itself left me cold. I didn't get to see RAGTIME at Paper Mill, but I heard she was great. I've loved her in everything I've seen her do. Except maybe that Lucy movie...

The only Victoria I saw was Toni Tennille. Yikes!!

I saw Julie Andrews and Rachel York and I was flabbergasted the York wasn't nominated.  She was wonderful.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2005, 05:27:35 PM »

School was boring today, but at least we got the Peloponnesian War over with.

Spoiler!

The Spartans won.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »

George, I have purposely avoided all press regarding the HARRY POTTER book so that I wouldn't have to read anything about it.  I'm sorry if that seems strange.

Ahh.  I didn't realize that you were avoiding reading about it.  If you had mentioned it before, then I forgot.  I know a couple of other people (not on HHW) who are the same way.  They want to experience it cold.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2005, 05:29:03 PM »

I read on playbill.com today that Middletown, OH, native Debra Monk will step into the role of Mama Morton in Chicago on Broadway.

Debra Monk is from Middletown?  Why did I never know that?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »

Debra Monk is from Middletown?  Why did I never know that?

Her write-up on IMDB says she was born on Feb. 27, 1949, in Middletown, Ohio, USA.  I was surprised to learn that, too, when I looked her up after enjoying her in the made-for-TV Eloise movies and as one of the only good things about the TV remake of The Music Man.

George

« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »

Two amazing parcels from HHW folks arrived today! A two-CD collection of Brill Building hits and rarities from Tomovoz, which I am enjoying as I type.

AND...

The New Christy Mintrels "Wandering Minstrels" LP from DR George, which completes my set of NCM Lps from their golden era. That one had eluded me for many years.

Thanks fellas! Very kind and generous. What a great site this is.

Glad you like it!

Also, if it wasn't part of the Brill collection, did you know that Janis Siegel recorded a CD made up of songs that were written in the Brill Building?  It's called I Wish You Love.  It's a wonderful CD by a wonderful performer. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up