Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN IN ROME  (Read 22101 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WHEN IN ROME
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:21 PM »

PAGE FIVE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »

I must admit, though, the sweating I did while cleaning up after the handymen has made me feel a bit better.  I'm hoping to finish the cleaning tonight so I can go do some of the festivities tomorrow before my crew arrive

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2010, 04:33:04 PM »

I just allowed Max Preeo to post about our new release on that castrecl group.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

I've been using my hoopnotica for 3 days. I really had no idea it would feel so heavy. Or that it would hurt to do it. Or that I could bruise. I am reading their facebook page now. So thankfully I can read what others have gone through. Otherwise I would think I was crazy.  I was shocked that it hurt. And need to find some kind of padding for around my waist.

I thought the hurting part was supposed to help your bowels?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »

And in a bit of Serendipity, I wasn't too pleased with my yard guy, but I've had him since I moved in and he's an older guy, so I decided to just keep him.  Well, he just told me that he can no longer do yards because of his heart.  He's not sick right now, but his doc told him if he doesn't quit he could have real problems.   So, he gave me a referral and I think my new handy men may do yards.  I'm glad I didn't have to fire him...and the yard looks beautiful today.

Is the handyman the one without a shirt?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »

Ozu?  What a funny little name.  It almost sounds foreign!

Speaking of foreign or, in this case, extraterrestrial, DR MBarnum, I'm surprised you're not taking your nephew and niece with Freddy to see CATS & DOGS: THE REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE. Whenever I see a preview on tv, I think of you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:44:27 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »

Maybe you'll get an order from John Esche!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »

I'm sorry about the handyman situation, Cillaliz.

Oh I'm just not feeling very good and am complaining...the gazebo looks great, the weeds he cleared out today look great. The chain link fence is gone. The deck is fixed and even though the windows don't look that great, they are all glazed (bumpy uneven glaze, but glazed) and painted - even if it isn't great, it's much better than it was. The guys are nice and mean well....but they didn't really know how to glaze windows, they don't clean up after themselves very well  and I have a feeling the bill will be well over budget if I don't slam on the brakes now.   

I have been very clear about staying in budget, and I'm very serious about that. We're in a good position to stop now if we've reached it so I decided to be very direct and ask for an update.  He said he'll calculate it and call me tomorrow. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

And in a bit of Serendipity, I wasn't too pleased with my yard guy, but I've had him since I moved in and he's an older guy, so I decided to just keep him.  Well, he just told me that he can no longer do yards because of his heart.  He's not sick right now, but his doc told him if he doesn't quit he could have real problems.   So, he gave me a referral and I think my new handy men may do yards.  I'm glad I didn't have to fire him...and the yard looks beautiful today.

I'm surprised DR MBarnum hasn't demanded more photos! Or did he do that in a PM?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »

I think the one thing we know about Mr. Esche is that he buys nothing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2010, 04:44:56 PM »

TOD:

Recorded a lot of oldies this week, which I hope to get watched over the weekend:
WE'RE ON THE JURY (1934)
LADIES OF THE JURY (1932; starring Edna Mae Oliver)

Mr. Barnum, if you now tell me you have the hots for Edna Mae Oliver, I may just write you off as a lost cause!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »

He's one of them, but not the one who mows. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »

The man without the shirt is the most talented of the handy men.  If I could just hire him to work, I would do it in a heartbeat

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

Last November, when I was in Rome, I searched high and low trying to find one single Roman who did what I heard that all Romans do!  No.  Takers.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »

Hey everybody. Up kinda early, but a lot has been accomplished in a short time. I was awakened early by my body telling me to eject something that wasn't agreeing with me.  This is the second time in 2 weeks.  I'm hoping most of it is taken care of and we can go on with the day as planned.  In the meantime, it will be gatorade and bananas.  Today is another jammed packed day.  A funeral in the morning, camp in the afternoon, and then a show this eve.  Tomorrow, wedding in the morning and then 2 shows.  The weekend I'm sure will fly by and before we know it, it will be Sunday evening. 

Matthew, be careful tomorrow.  I am not sure that "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" is the best ending for a funeral.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »

ARG!! I'm still feeling really cruddy, sore throat and coughing. Luckily the yard guys and handy men will be doing the work outside, but I really need to clean inside.  What I'd like to do is get some sleep.  Think I'll take it easy this morning.  I'm cutting back the plan.  I'll do all the bathrooms and finish the basement first, then move to the main floor.  I'm going to just tell everyone that upstairs is off limits. that will cut back what I need to do  and will give me a place to put a couple boxes of clutter.

I'm not surprised since you haven't given your body much resting time.  I admit, I rested and my summer cold lasted a good while.

When I try to rest I end up coughing so it is what it is.  I'm a little disgusted with the handy men right now. The son came and did weed eating he cleaned a lot up and charged me a little more than I thought he should have, but putting that aside.  I asked him to clean up the glass that had been left after they replaced windows.  After he left I went around the outside of the house and there was glass everywhere.  On all sides of the house...I'm also not that pleased with the way they did the windows, but they are better than they were. 

Anyway, I called the boss and asked him to let me know what I owe them now because I'm not going to go over budget and I'll skip the cement if I need to.  He has been trying to add to what they are doing every chance he gets, so I decided to nip that in the bud.  We'll see what he comes up with.  They still have more to do.  I'm not at all pleased that I had to do so much clean up after them.  To me if you do a job, you do the clean up.  Maybe I'm just cranky....our heat index is 103 right now and it wasn't a pleasant job to do.

I hope you told the boss exactly how unhappy you were with the clean-up.  And I would have told him, in no uncertain terms, that trying to keep adding things was going to amount to you adding a new handyman!
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »

I just ordered it.  I am one happy camper!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »

ARG!! I'm still feeling really cruddy, sore throat and coughing. Luckily the yard guys and handy men will be doing the work outside, but I really need to clean inside.  What I'd like to do is get some sleep.  Think I'll take it easy this morning.  I'm cutting back the plan.  I'll do all the bathrooms and finish the basement first, then move to the main floor.  I'm going to just tell everyone that upstairs is off limits. that will cut back what I need to do  and will give me a place to put a couple boxes of clutter.

I'm not surprised since you haven't given your body much resting time.  I admit, I rested and my summer cold lasted a good while.

When I try to rest I end up coughing so it is what it is.  I'm a little disgusted with the handy men right now. The son came and did weed eating he cleaned a lot up and charged me a little more than I thought he should have, but putting that aside.  I asked him to clean up the glass that had been left after they replaced windows.  After he left I went around the outside of the house and there was glass everywhere.  On all sides of the house...I'm also not that pleased with the way they did the windows, but they are better than they were. 

Anyway, I called the boss and asked him to let me know what I owe them now because I'm not going to go over budget and I'll skip the cement if I need to.  He has been trying to add to what they are doing every chance he gets, so I decided to nip that in the bud.  We'll see what he comes up with.  They still have more to do.  I'm not at all pleased that I had to do so much clean up after them.  To me if you do a job, you do the clean up.  Maybe I'm just cranky....our heat index is 103 right now and it wasn't a pleasant job to do.

I hope you told the boss exactly how unhappy you were with the clean-up.  And I would have told him, in no uncertain terms, that trying to keep adding things was going to amount to you adding a new handyman!

I did tell him about cleaning up the glass and that I wasn't pleased about it.  He tries to keep adding things by encouraging me to approve them. So I'm not really mad about that. I keep saying no and remind him of the budget.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »

Pretty lackluster Hollywood Show, I must say.  Well, they could have had me if it weren't for their attitude.  Perhaps it's that attitude that's spreading the word that the show isn't the fun it used to be.  These people are all about crass and money - whereas Ray Courts was a gentleman who did this out of love.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »

Now, get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Mr. Barry Pearl's and then to see Cinderella.

Laura

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

Is it the Rodgers and Hammerstein Cinderella? I love the television version of it. We saw it live, and it was most unmoving.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »

Is it the Rodgers and Hammerstein Cinderella? I love the television version of it. We saw it live, and it was most unmoving.

Most.  Un.  Moving.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »

Good: News

Just got the London Promises Promises
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »

Hey, Bruce, reserve me a copy. I have written out the check and will put it in the mail tomorrow morning.

I saw Tony Roberts in 1971 when I saw the show at the Shubert. Jenny O'Hara (Jill's sister) was playing Fran.

Michael

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »

Bad News that Became good news

The tropical storm in Florida wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. My flight was only delayed three hours. Thanks to Orbitz I got an message on phone to let me know it had happen. So I didn't have to rush down there. But now in Montreal and spending time with family.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »

MORE BAD NEWS

Bad news for OCD cd collectors like me,  Decided to listen to The Brain From Planet X this morning and to my horror that the cd booklet some how stuck together. The autographed insert is ruined and it has upset me so. This has never happened to me before.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »

Is there any way to find out who was in the national tour of PROMISES, PROMISES?  I don't remember who played the leads (they were very good), but I seem to recall that Marian Mercer and / or Edward Winter was in the tour.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »

And an obsessive moment for me.

31 more tracks until I have 20,000 items on my Itunes
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »

And an obsessive moment for me.

31 more tracks until I have 20,000 items on my Itunes

I have 43,627 at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up