Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER MIDNIGHT  (Read 15293 times)

td

• td
Re: AFTER MIDNIGHT
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »

Just got in from a trip to the grocery store, and the sky was so pretty, I had to grab my camera:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Sunday%204-25-10/storm%20warning/

Beautiful clouds.

I wish I had made them. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »

It is a beautiful spring day.  I walked in the morning & then we took Sherlock into town for a pleasant walk.  There were lots of people out for the yearly Taste of Ashland event.  A good, good many of the people stopped to visit with Sherlock.

Before we walked in town I stopped and picked up The Girl With the Hornets' Nest from my friend.  The very large, heavy for me to hold, paper back is 600 pages long.  I will begin reading it today.

Ginny, that means I'm putting down A Mother & Two Daughter's until I've finished my borrowed book, also a heavy weight book. 

The print on Hornets' Nest is on the small side.  My shoulder & eyes are going to struggle with this.  I'm sure it is worth it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »

I am off to dinner at The Keg with my friend Diane.  Today is her birthday.  I shall return!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »

OK, DR Jane, just let me know when you're ready to read A Mother and Two Daughters and I'll read along with you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

OK Ginny.  This morning I read through page 52.  The sister's subject is a somewhat hard for me to read because of the difficult & painful relationship I had with my sister.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »

Just sent this sweet photograph from yesterday:

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2010, 04:30:32 PM »

Well, Jane, librarian guru Nancy Pearl says you only have to give a book 50 pages before deciding to move on.  And, if you're over 50, subtract your age from 100 and that's the number of pages.  She says life's too short and there are too many good books for you to stick with one just for the sake of finishing it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »

Two of my favorite men!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

Okay, why can't I find a way to post this on Facebook - I go to photos (logical) and there is no way that I can see to post a photo.  Nor is there any way on my profile page - why can't they make this stuff simple - when I've posted other photos it's been very easy, but every time they change the damn site things get convoluted.

Laura

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »

I have a question for folks who have been ushers or house managers:

Apparently four friends bought pairs of season tickets on either side of us. We've had our seats for several years. A very obnoxious woman always tries to make us change seats so they can all sit together. We do not wish to move. Could an usher make us move if the obnoxious woman asked the usher to do so? Would the house manager come and tell us we have to move?

Jane

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 04:45:49 PM »

Well, Jane, librarian guru Nancy Pearl says you only have to give a book 50 pages before deciding to move on.  And, if you're over 50, subtract your age from 100 and that's the number of pages.  She says life's too short and there are too many good books for you to stick with one just for the sake of finishing it!

;D  I like the book, it is the relationship I'm having trouble with-a little too close to home even if the sisters relationship is a piece of cake compared to mine with my sister.  Heck, elmore's Mr. Macbeth makes my sister look good.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »

Apparently four friends bought pairs of season tickets on either side of us. We've had our seats for several years. A very obnoxious woman always tries to make us change seats so they can all sit together. We do not wish to move. Could an usher make us move if the obnoxious woman asked the usher to do so? Would the house manager come and tell us we have to move?

It is a shame two of those seats aren't better than the two you have.  It seems you are the ones who should be complaining to management.

Laura

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 04:50:57 PM »

It's her tone and her actions.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »

Okay, why can't I find a way to post this on Facebook - I go to photos (logical) and there is no way that I can see to post a photo.  Nor is there any way on my profile page - why can't they make this stuff simple - when I've posted other photos it's been very easy, but every time they change the damn site things get convoluted.

Write something in your box
highlight attachment
click on photos
click on upload a photo (or begin an album)
click on browse
click on share
photo should appear

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

It's her tone and her actions.

Do you mean that is the only reason you won't switch?  ;D  I thought you didn't like any of the four seats as much as the ones you have.

Laura

« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »

The seats are all good. Ours are in the center. We like them. We don't wish to be moved.

I just wonder if an usher would make us move.

td

• td
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

I think that you can snag it now from my facebook (and photobucket), bk.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

The seats are all good. Ours are in the center. We like them. We don't wish to be moved.

It is possible you are doing everyone a favor by not moving.  If it is that important to them maybe they want to talk during the shows.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »

I doubt it. You've paid for and received assigned seats.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »

Listening to Jason Graae. ;D ;D ;D ;D

For Saturday's event, I had a great time.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »

In my experience as an experience usher (at least, here in Washington), NO...the ushers nor the house manager can make you move.  If anything Laura, the house manager would probably move the other people to a separate section (like the house seats) if he/she wants to placate them, but if you have your tickets and you're in the correct seats, you should get to stay...and tell 'em I said so! ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:01:29 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

Thanks, George and Elmore. I didn't think so. But I thought they might ask us to move to keep them happy. I've had people sit in my seat and refuse to move before.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »

Just got in from a trip to the grocery store, and the sky was so pretty, I had to grab my camera:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Sunday%204-25-10/storm%20warning/

I've looked at clouds from both sides now.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »

Today they leaned over us to talk to each other. And pointed at each other. Over our chests. And talked so they were sure we heard them about how unreasonable we are to not move.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »

I wish I could post what I want to say about the SCHOOLS lack of interest in the events.   But I better not.  The students would learn and have a great time if the events were posted, AND SHOULD BE MANDATORY.

But that is just my opinion.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »

Great photo!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »

Thanks, George and Elmore. I didn't think so. But I thought they might ask us to move to keep them happy. I've had people sit in my seat and refuse to move before.

If that happens, you should ask the usher to get the house manager.  It's the house manager's job to get them to move or to get you (hopefully) better tickets.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »

Two of my favorite men!

Where does that leave me, Laura?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »

Great photo!

I agree!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »

NO.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up