Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON  (Read 11467 times)

Jennifer

Re: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »

DR Jennifer - Reese's is Hershey's. And vice versa.

Maybe the packages are different here. But here it was called Hershey's eggies. Although after double checking it did say something like "reese's pieces" at the bottom. And come to think of it even though i have not had reese's pieces in forever, the insides of these eggies did remind me of them.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »

I wonder if the next Adrien Brody movie will be in 3-D?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »

That's a lot of nose in 3-D!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

RE: last night's UGLY BETTY

I am also curious if people would like to see betty end up with daniel.  I don't read spoilers so don't want to know till i watch. But last night they implied that this could be the way they go. I'd have to see it played out. But right now i think it is a terrible idea. They have never shown these two to have any romantic feelings towards each other. And they make the most wonderful best friends.

Actually, they did that "romantic feelings" thing through last night's episode.  Every time Daniel looked at Betty it was as if he were seeing her for the first time.  None of Betty's past boyfriends would make a satisfying ending to me.  I think Daniel WILL be the one...although whether it's for romance or whether it's for a closer professional relationship, I cannot say.  Oh, no! I cannot say.  But...we shall see.  Oh, yes! We shall see!  As for how Betty feels about Daniel, I think that a change in his tone toward her -- one of an ardent suitor, or one of a peer affirming that status with a professional offer -- I believe she would go for it in a heartbeat.  And she would get to stay in NYC with her family and friends.  I cannot see her in London...although that may well be where she ends up.

Loved the possibilities of the gun shot last night.  Just desserts, perhaps????

I saw the way they made daniel contemplate what betty means to him. But to me this is too sudden. He has never shown any interest in her and was in fact dating amanda just last week. If they do decide to go the betty/daniel route i hope it is just a vague beginning of what could be and not some declaration of love. I won't buy that for a minute. Nor do i think betty would go for it. I don't see her feeling romantic towards him.

Btw, i'm not saying that they wouldn't have betty going for it. I just don't see the betty i know acting that way.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »

I haven't seen any movies in the past few weeks. But i am waiting for a few dvds from the library this week including: UP IN THE AIR, NEW MOON, DISTRICT 9 and 2012.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »

Home from Toyland. At the corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street, I had a nice telephone conversation with Joshie about possible work, last night's performance, a rumor about a conductor being replaced halfway through a recent recording session, and string bowings.

Today, the subway was empty. I rode up to 86th Street and dropped a vocal score and CD of THE MAGIC KNIGHT off to my goddaughter's mother, who was one of the original Vocal Minority in the OBC of COMPANY and who now directs opera. It's very warm, so I think I will take a cool bath, unpack my summer shorts and rearrange my apparel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »

LOL!

I still haven't forgiven him for the remake of KING KONG. Or anyone else involved in that interminable turkey.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

On the Schuylkill River Trail,
I found an old baby doll.
It's dress was pink and muddy,
Do you know Arlene Dahl?

(song I'm working on...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

LOL!

I still haven't forgiven him for the remake of KING KONG. Or anyone else involved in that interminable turkey.

My most hated movie of all time.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »

LOL!

I still say the first five minute of KING KONG was one of the best opening scenes in years.  If only the rest of the movie lived up to it.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »

DR Jane, will you and Keith be going to the Brain from Planet X in Olympia?

JMK, will you be going?

I am presuming that it is an evening performance that BK is attending. If that is the case I may find a hotel nearby and spend the night, and bring Bosco along as well.

I guess I am needing further info.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

Only if Debra Messing is his co-star.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »

Only if Debra Messing is his co-star.

A remake of THE LONG, LONG TRAILER?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:14 AM »

Brody is most intrusive in HOLLYWOODLAND.....every time the story left George Reeves to concentrate on Brody's situation, I was incensed at the waste of time.....

Who cares?  It was the story of George Reeves.....or should have been.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »

RE: last night's UGLY BETTY

I am also curious if people would like to see betty end up with daniel.  I don't read spoilers so don't want to know till i watch. But last night they implied that this could be the way they go. I'd have to see it played out. But right now i think it is a terrible idea. They have never shown these two to have any romantic feelings towards each other. And they make the most wonderful best friends.

Actually, they did that "romantic feelings" thing through last night's episode.  Every time Daniel looked at Betty it was as if he were seeing her for the first time.  None of Betty's past boyfriends would make a satisfying ending to me.  I think Daniel WILL be the one...although whether it's for romance or whether it's for a closer professional relationship, I cannot say.  Oh, no! I cannot say.  But...we shall see.  Oh, yes! We shall see!  As for how Betty feels about Daniel, I think that a change in his tone toward her -- one of an ardent suitor, or one of a peer affirming that status with a professional offer -- I believe she would go for it in a heartbeat.  And she would get to stay in NYC with her family and friends.  I cannot see her in London...although that may well be where she ends up.

Loved the possibilities of the gun shot last night.  Just desserts, perhaps????

I saw the way they made daniel contemplate what betty means to him. But to me this is too sudden. He has never shown any interest in her and was in fact dating amanda just last week. If they do decide to go the betty/daniel route i hope it is just a vague beginning of what could be and not some declaration of love. I won't buy that for a minute. Nor do i think betty would go for it. I don't see her feeling romantic towards him.

Btw, i'm not saying that they wouldn't have betty going for it. I just don't see the betty i know acting that way.

The show's history is that Betty has fallen for all her (eventual) boyfriends -- except Gio -- in virtually one (or two) episode(s) each.  Henry may have been her first and best, but I think Gio was her ideal matchup.

I think the history of her relationship with Daniel goes a long way toward making him part of her future a palatable possibility.  Daniel always turned to Betty for emotional support...never for a minute considering her as a possible soul mate/girlfriend.  I do believe he has loved her for a long time, but only now is understanding that there might be more.

Daniel, to me, has always been a rather two-dimensional character, only now and then showing a bit more depth.  I really loved Betty telling him in last night's episode that his current girlfriend made him stupid.

The question that looms for me:  Is Daniel good enough for Betty?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:51:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

DR Jane, will you and Keith be going to the Brain from Planet X in Olympia?

JMK, will you be going?

I am presuming that it is an evening performance that BK is attending. If that is the case I may find a hotel nearby and spend the night, and bring Bosco along as well.

I guess I am needing further info.

Sigh, I don't think so.  I need dates first ;)

I discussed with my physical therapist my going to L.A. for my uncles 90th birthday party.  He suggested I don't go.  Flying is more stressful on the body, driving it simply too long to be away from therapy & my exercises.  Olympia is closer so we shall see, but I doubt it.

If we went we could leave Bosco in our car with Sherlock during the show, or with Keith to watch them.

Ben

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »

The Nondorf Chronicles

Also known as Playbill.com's monthly Leading Men column

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

Thanks DR BEN - nice column....as usual.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »

Lawsy, lawsy, just slogged through the Warner Archive AN AMERICAN DREAM, which BK wrote about a few days ago.  Favorite quote:  "What do you expect from a whore?", Miss Janet Leigh's closing line.  :)  Mandel's theme is in 6/8 over the credits, which was interesting.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »

Did anyone answer Ms Leigh's question....or was it rhetorical?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »

Thanks to DR ELMORE for the ANYONE CAN WHISTLE report.

Ditto!  I'd love another recording...especially since the complete JAY recording never happened. :-\
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:51:26 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »

DR Elmore, was "There's Always A Woman" included in this ANYONE CAN WHISTLE?
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »

I went to the Theatre's website to inquire about tickets for BRAIN FROM PLANET X but could not find any info to see what time the show was or to buy tickets for the 29th.

Georeg, is there a place to find this info? Or do they not list it until it get's closer to when the show opens?

I think that April 29th is our final dress/invited audience.  If that's the day that you want to come, I'm pretty sure that I can get you a ticket. :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:41:42 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »

Also, you (and anyone else) can go to the Washington Center's homepage and click on the circled "Buy Tickets Now" link.  That should take you to the calendar for the current month where you can then select other months for tickets and performances.

George

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »

Well, I tested the air a few minutes ago and it doesn't like me. Though the fever broke yesterday, I found that after five minutes of watering the plants and gathering some greens for a salad that I was dizzy. So, it's off to the doctor in the morning. I know it's all related to the heavy oak pollen, but, dang, it's weird. So, I guess I'll stay in and write as I can.

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR John G.!!~~~

George

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I haven't seen anything recently, only Avatar, District 9 (on DVD) and Julie & Julia...that I can remember.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »

I think that BK said he would be there on the 29th, Is that correct? If I come up for the play I would like to be there for the whole HHW experience.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »

I think the HHW experience will enhance even a musical as fine as BRAIN FROM PLANET X

George

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »

I think that BK said he would be there on the 29th, Is that correct? If I come up for the play I would like to be there for the whole HHW experience.

April 30th is the date BK said.  That's our official opening night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up