Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON  (Read 11385 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:31:19 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes felt a song coming on, and now it is time for you to post until the singing cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:32:11 PM »

And the word of the day is: OBDURATE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »

From yesterday:
OK - this is about to go viral, so I can tell you all that, as of last Thursday (yes, April Fool's Day), Rob and Mary Linda are engaged:

The Big Announcement

They will probably wait to get married until Rob finishes his paramedic training next summer (2011).

Congrats to Ginny's DS Rob and soon-to-be daughter-in-law Mary Linda!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:28 AM »

Also from yesterday:
And speaking of Mt. Rainier...

Although I can't make it out there for Brain, it does look like I'll finally be paying a visit to my aunt in Seattle sometime this summer, since my cousin will be getting married. -I haven't been back to Seattle since I was 9-years old.

Cool!  And maybe if you have time, you could get together with the PNW HHW Contingent while you are out here.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:30 AM »

Good morning, all! I was so wound up after last night's show that I stayed up way too long: about 12:30 or so, and now I am getting ready for another round of the McGlinnventory this morning. Most of yesterday was sorting through cartons of DATs, Reei ro Reel tapes, audiocassettes and videotapes, and I suspect today will be more of the same. I ran across lots of cassettes of New Amsterdam Theatre Co. performances that I had duped for John aroubnd 1987, and there are a ton of unmarked items we need to look at or listen to once we have enough space to assemble all of his sound equipment.

For me, the great find yesterday was a live performance CD and audiocassette  of Victor Herbert's one-act Wagnerian parody THE MAGIC KNIGHT from the Edinburgh Festival around 1994. I had helped John copy parts for the piece in the early 1990s and I had been hoping we would find the source for the cassette John had given me after the Edinburgh Festival performances. There are several pirated copies floating around in poor sound. I knew that John had a good live performance tape but I had no idea where it might be. The CD jewel case for for the CD was empty and mangled when we ran across it about a month ago, and the CD we found yesterday was lying unprotected amidst a pile of broken plastic and tapes hastily tossed into a carton. Luckily, it had no damage and sounds great. I'm guessing McGlinn's source is an archival house recording. So many of the Edinburgh Festival opera performances are broadcast by the BBC that I suspect each venue has a good sound system.

DR Ginny, tell Rob and Mary Linda that I am very happy for them!

I need my breakfast before I head off to the inventory.

The last movie I saw was THE HURT LOCKER. I think it's the most tense film I have ever seen and I liked it very much. I never want to see it again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 04:57:18 AM »

Morning all.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:58:37 AM »

I saw Alice in Wonderland. I sort of enjoyed it (Merrily).

I so rarely see movies (I think 99.99% of what's out there is unmitigated crap and I'm not going to spend $12.75 or more to see it) that I can't even begin to answer the question

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:23 AM »

TOD:

The last movies we watched were THE BLIND SIDE, THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS and AN EDUCATION.

GOATS had some issues, but we really enjoyed them all.

We spent the past few days watching the complete series of STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP.

Excellent writing and direction, endearing characters.  It's too bad that it didn't succeed.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 05:31:14 AM »

Congrats to Rob and Mary Linda.

Sorry to hear that DR JANE has an M & M monkey on her back.

DR CILLA LIZ only has pickup once a week....as do we.  But our pick up doesn't happen until about 2 p.m. in the afternoon, so I don't have to get up early to make it happen.

Lovely photo from DR TCB....mountains and flowers, mountains and flowers.....she might do better with a heavy veil.....a HELLO, DOLLY! reference.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:32:51 AM »

I am thinking that Friday, April 16, would be fine....I would take that day off from work....a sacrifice...NOT....

If that is confirmed for you MR BK, I will be glad to let the cast know you are coming and arrange the tickets for you (tell me if you need more than one).  Bryan and I are still planning to go on Sunday....so I will get a preview.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 05:34:10 AM »

Today is our AUDIENCE FILLED dress rehearsal......a bit scary.....the audience seems like it will be something out of SPARTACUS, but hopefully Debbie and I will get a thumbs up for our disco.....

And then one more day....one day more.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 05:35:28 AM »

I am off to the McGlinnventory, then back here to edit a piano-vocal of the BABES IN TOYLAND song "Evaline McCook" and continue with the Montogomery & Stone Medley. I need to lay out a vocal part and a drum part.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:57 AM »

Last night DR Jose wrote:
DR Jennifer - Are these the Peanut Butter Eggs in question?

Well i checked and mine are made by hershey's. But they look exactly like the ones you have pictured here.
Although i'm not sure if these ones would be hard peanut butter (mine are hard) vs the more softer peanut butter filling of what is usually in reese's.

The hard peanut butter is basically the same texture as the hard chocolate in the regular milk chocolate filled hard shelled eggs.

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 05:40:24 AM »

And the link you provided last night for the Lindt white chocolate eggs is the exact yellow package i have.

You mentioned that you found them the same as the non easter chocolate balls they sell.

I actually found the outside chocolate to be softer than the balls. And i've never tasted white on white balls. Only milk chocolate outside with white inside. Although they probably make the white on white, i've just never seen them.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 05:40:56 AM »

Congrats to DR Ginny!

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 05:41:16 AM »

I also loved UGLY BETTY last night. The show is so good this year. I am getting so sad.

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 05:45:40 AM »

RE: last night's UGLY BETTY

three two and then spoilers and right now i don't know how then the and there were two more and then i have to
one two ajkl ui  and there akj iuo good way that this could be i'm wondering and then daniel and i don't want to know
I have a question for those who are fans of the show.  I'm wondering what you think would be a satisfying ending in terms of betty's career and love life. I thought it was interesting that they showed Geo (sp?) and Henry. I always thought that henry was the one for her. But it totally did not work last night.  I am curious if they will even bring back cal's son (forget his name). I am also curious if people would like to see betty end up with daniel.  I don't read spoilers so don't want to know till i watch. But last night they implied that this could be the way they go. I'd have to see it played out. But right now i think it is a terrible idea. They have never shown these two to have any romantic feelings towards each other. And they make the most wonderful best friends. Also i wonder if betty would actually move to london. That could have been a good way to end the show.
one two ajkl ui  and there akj iuo good way that this could be i'm wondering and then daniel and i don't want to know
three two and then spoilers and right now i don't know how then the and there were two more and then i have to

Ben

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:59:18 AM »

Congratulations to Ginny, Richard, Rob and Mary Linda!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 06:02:13 AM »

TOD:

THe last movie I saw was
I saw Alice in Wonderland. I sort of enjoyed it (Merrily).

I so rarely see movies (I think 99.99% of what's out there is unmitigated crap and I'm not going to spend $12.75 or more to see it) that I can't even begin to answer the question

ALICE IN WONDERLAND was the last movie I saw, too.  But aside from Helena Bonham Carter's Red Queen, I didn't care for it at all.  Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter was annoying, Wonderland is not Wonderland and Alice is just plain bored.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:53 AM »

Congrats to DR Ginny's DS Rob and his intendant.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 06:07:28 AM »

The last motion picture I saw (not necessarily a new motion picture) was "Red Garters."  I always love seeing and hearing Rosemary Clooney, and I love Joanne Gilbert.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »

The last motion picture I saw (not necessarily a new motion picture) was "Red Garters."  I always love seeing and hearing Rosemary Clooney, and I love Joanne Gilbert.
Terrible movie.  Interesting concept.  Great color.  Good cast.  Terrible movie.
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 06:24:26 AM »

I really like that film.  Very unique.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 06:25:50 AM »

Terrible movie.  Interesting concept.  Great color.  Good cast.  Terrible movie.

::)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 06:30:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBDURATE!

The One That We'll Play
The Song Of The Day
From L.A. To Savannah
HARD HEARTED HANNAH !

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 07:01:13 AM »

That vamp!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 07:01:31 AM »

Thanks to DR ELMORE for the ANYONE CAN WHISTLE report.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 07:03:42 AM »

Good morning!

It was supposed to be cooler today, but it looks like we're in for one more day of heat and humidity before returning to the proper early pring temperatures we should be having.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:54 AM »

I don't like RED GARTERS very much. As an experiment in design and color, it's certainly interesting, but I don't find most of the music very memorable. I do like looking at Guy Mitchell, of course.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »

DR Jennifer:

This is not a spoiler because I have no idea how UGLY BETTY ends, but in the original Colombian version of the series, Betty and her boss do end up together. But that really doesn't signal anything because the American BETTY is very, very different from its original counterpart.

I haven't watched last night's show yet, but I had read about the possible hook-up with Daniel months ago when the show was given a cancellation notice. ABC also reduced the number of episodes from its original 22 down to 20, so the producers and writers had to do some fancy shifting of ideas to fit all that plot they were going to have in the two lost episodes into the final few they had yet to produce.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up