Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF PITH  (Read 11389 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: OUT OF PITH
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »

My question for bk: have you ever mistakenly sent an email to someone and inadvertently copied someone on it that you hadn't meant to? Someone who was referenced in said email with a somewhat negative tone?

I did that yesterday regarding our film. I didn't say anything horrible and was able to smooth things over quickly, but I still had a panic attack. Greg said he'd never done this, so I wondered how common this was, and if there are any good stories involving said scenario?

I have - many times.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »

DtM it is my understanding Kindle won't work well when I'm reading at night in the dark.  Thanks for the book info.  If it seems to heavy when I won't check it out from the library. 

They sell little Kindle lights for reading at night.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »

The 5-10 mile speeding buffer may be a thing of the past:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

Quoted from the article:
Tim Davenport, 42, of Kansas City, Mo., was recently stopped on 15th Street in Blue Springs, Mo., and ticketed for going 40 mph in a 35-mph zone — although the police officer initially ticketed him for 40 in a 25, he says. "I drove down that road again, and the posted limit was 35," he says. "I figured the judge wouldn't accept that, since I was over the speed limit, and would still charge me with it. So I went ahead and paid" the $60 ticket.

Too bad this guy didn't fight the ticket.  Since the officer wrote the wrong posted speed down, the ticket is null and void.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2010, 04:15:47 PM »

I'm not sure how many people love Cadbury's easter cream eggs. But here is a Todd Wilbur clone. I have not yet tried. But i am definitely going to. I like the idea about putting it in little egg molds (i wonder if i have those?)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=134

Are your made in England or Canada.  The ones I've have directly from England taste better than the ones made here, or used to.  It has been awhile since I've had a Cadbury egg.  I used to buy them for Craig.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »

Lois Denominator

I like that one!   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »

We watched CASTLE last night & agree with Matt H, excellent episode.  Matt, I'm baffled why you thought Martha had anything to do with the killer? ;D

I couldn't remember the name of the younger man she was dividing her time with, and I thought maybe a surprise would spring out that he had been dating her to get close to Castle so he could somehow get to Beckett through him.

Got it, or why you made the connection :)   For me it was always about Nikki Heat.  I enjoyed Dana Delany's character.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2010, 04:20:28 PM »

After today's meeting, I guess I can officially announce that in September I will begin a recording project of all the extant cello & piano music, piano solo music, and songs written for other venues than a show by Victor Herbert; this will include German lieder, Irish patriotic songs, Irish folksong arrangements, songs for plays, vaudeville acts and revues, and special occasion pieces like the Catholic University Alma Mater. Soloists will include Rebecca Luker, George Dvorsky, Ron Raines, Jeanne Lehman, Zachary Stains (DR JRand's fave Hercules), Steven LaBrie, Korliss Uecker, Rosalie Sullivan, Margaret Jane Wray, Dillon McCartney, Marnie Breckinridge, Valerian Ruminski, Jonathan Michie, and Christopher Fitzgerald, accompanied by William Hicks, who will be piano soloist. The cellist will be Jerry Grossman, principal cellist of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, a post once held by Victor Herbert.

Congratulations, Larry!! ;D

Yes, CONGRATULATIONS!  It sounds wonderful!

Jane

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

DR TCB sometimes it takes a few nights to catch up on sleep & feel good again.  Sleep well tonight!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to sup and then rehearse.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »

Something to bookmark:

Sony Launches Website Devoted to Its Show Music

www.MasterworksBroadway.com

I wonder why SONDHEIM: THE STORY SO FAR only contains one cut from SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, ELMORE!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »

DR TCB sometimes it takes a few nights to catch up on sleep & feel good again.  Sleep well tonight!!!

But I didn't know that I had lost any sleep.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, ELMORE!

Thank you, all, for the good wishes! It's a project I'm happy to see initiated, and we'll record through January since there are a lot of singers and a ton of material. I'll bring back some more on Friday from the LoC.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »

LOL TCB-I thought you had when your back was hurting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »

I'll be Notta Chance.

Don't you usually add "Professional Virgin" after that?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »

I am packed, I've made my snack and lunch for the 3 and a half hour train ride, and I remembered to take along huge manila envelopes this time to hold the photocopies. I'm will have dinner tomorrow night with my friend Loras Schissel and I am really looking forward to that. I am hoping they're still recording LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 tomorrow and that my former friend from the LoC who made the whole experience so dreadful is here in Manhattan at the sessions and not at the Library.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »

I forgot to pack my book! I'm reading a biography of the Australian opera star Dame Nellie Melba (1861-1931), who was an amazing woman.

And a tough old broad with a scandalous life. There's an Australian mini-series about her that I want to order from my fave Australian DVD source.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:46:02 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »

I spent the majority of the afternoon watching one of my favorite recent comedies: THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. Always enjoy it so much every time I watch. It's one of the most beautifully cast movies in recent memory.

Have you seen the documentary i mentioned this week, THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE, that chronicles the real Devil Wears Prada, Anna Wintour?  I think you would relaly like it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »

Devoida Tal-Ent
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »

Before I started cooking lunch, I watched last night's AMERICAN IDOL performances/judges remarks (I skip everything else). The best performances: Michael (by far), Lee (next by far), Casey, and Crystal. The rest ranged from bland (Aaron, Katie) to inept (Tim, Didi). And the judges gushing over Andrew? What was THAT all about? Yep, it was somewhat better than the prior weeks, but it was hardly a major rebound. Slightly better, more in control, but that's ALL it was.

I sort of agree with you. I thought Michael (who i don't normally care for) was excellent. And I also thought that crystal was her usual amazing self. And I thought lee was great. I used to love casey. But now he is just okay for me.

And even though didi has been hit and miss i still love her. Her voice is so unique. I really hope that she can pull it together in the future.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »

I am packed, I've made my snack and lunch for the 3 and a half hour train ride, and I remembered to take along huge manila envelopes this time to hold the photocopies. I'm will have dinner tomorrow night with my friend Loras Schissel and I am really looking forward to that. I am hoping they're still recording LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 tomorrow and that my former friend from the LoC who made the whole experience so dreadful is here in Manhattan at the sessions and not at the Library.

HAVE A SAFE & ENJOYABLE TRIP!!

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »

I'm not sure how many people love Cadbury's easter cream eggs. But here is a Todd Wilbur clone. I have not yet tried. But i am definitely going to. I like the idea about putting it in little egg molds (i wonder if i have those?)

Are your made in England or Canada.  The ones I've have directly from England taste better than the ones made here, or used to.  It has been awhile since I've had a Cadbury egg.  I used to buy them for Craig.

I have no idea. I assume that the ones i've had are made in canada. But they could be made in the US.

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »

Travel vibes to DR Elmore. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »

Safe travel vibes to elmore!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

Bedtime for Bozo.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »

I have no idea. I assume that the ones i've had are made in canada. But they could be made in the US.

And you don't know if they are different from the ones in England?   Do you have any British shops near you to compare? ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »

I have some things in the office that require attention, and then I'll head down and do some evening viewing. I do know I want to rewatch THE HEIRESS tonight. If there's time, I'll watch GRAN TORINO. If not, I'll fill in with some TV box set episodes of NCIS or THE CLOSER or BONES until I tune into HUMAN TARGET.

WBBL.

Is this the Olive deHavilland HEIRESS? One of my all-time favorite movies! I think the play is great but I wasn't crazy about the revival with Cherry Jones. I did love Frances Sternhagen, though.

Yes, indeed, the 1949 movie.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up