Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HAIRLESS  (Read 14054 times)

Cillaliz

Re: HAIRLESS
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »

She's so beautiful, MBarnum.

LOL, I just said out loud "Ohhhh she's beautiful"

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »

Greetings from Chicago!   The flight was ok, but was about 1/2 in the clouds where you look out the window and see nothing but white.  I find that strangely comforting and disconcerting at the same time....if that's possible

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »

I opted for the cab.  It was raining when I got here and I wasn't sure how to get from the train to the hotel.   We just beat rush hour, but it was an expensive ride.   My cabbie was a fascinating man who is originally from Nigeria, but has been in the US 25 years.  He used to own a little specialty book store with African American books and gifts but the big stores and the internet put him out of business.  We had a lively discussion about Africa, the days news etc.  It was most pleasant as we agreed on pretty much everything.  It was well worth the price to meet such an interesting man

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »

The most fun was he was telling me his opinion and I really did agree, so he wasn't just trying to be pleasant to his fare.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »

I have settled in to the hotel, found out where to catch the bus in the morning to get to my bus tour and registered for the conference.  It's been so long since I came to one of these and this one isn't connected to a board meeting, so I literally know about 3 people here including staff.   I'll know a few more at the reception because some of my Chicago lawyer friends are co-sponsors.  It starts in about 20 minutes.  Open bar and lots of food.  Not sure if I'll call that dinner. I'm dressing up enough to go out anywhere so if we head somewhere else for dinner I'm good to go

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »

Better sign off for now!   OH DR LAURA, the hotel carpet is really hideous.  I took a photo for you and will post later

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

Better sign off for now!   OH DR LAURA, the hotel carpet is really hideous.  I took a photo for you and will post later

;D

Jane

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »

DR Ron I have a friend who had an earthquake drill this morning & was required to go under her desk.  She said when the real quake happened no one went under their desks.  What is the recommended procedure in your office?

Laura

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »

I, for one, am THRILLED that Cillaliz saw something hidious and though of me.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... It turns out I'll be seeing RED at The Goodman in about 20 minutes. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »

And that's much different than "seeing red".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »

DR John G - Sorry to hear about your friend, Joan.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »

I, for one, am THRILLED that Cillaliz saw something hidious and though of me.

LOL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »

And I guess I should walk across the street to the theater - I'm camping out in an Argo Tea. Lots of A/C outlets and free WiFi.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »

Welcome to Chicago, DR Cillaliz! See you tomorrow!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »

I'm off to the theater for the first time with an audience (final dress rehearsal)!  Fortunately, Marko will be there with me (and hopefully, with a script for me) to run the sound.  It'll be what it'll be. ;)

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

OK, while the wi-fi is cooperating...

Here's proof that I really am in Europe - last Thursday in Paris:

Yeah, right!  Green screen.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »

John G., I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Joan.  My deepest sympathies to all of her friends and family.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »

With all of the talk yesterday about deviled eggs; I was wondering if anyone here had tried those things called Eggies?  Those are the little plastic cups that cook up hard-boiled eggs without having to crack the shells.  Considering how badly I shell eggs, I am thinking of trying them.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »

The church alarm went off at 6:20 a.m. I was the last person there last night.

However, the police officers who checked said all the doors were secure. So we have no idea why the alarm went off.

Wasn't that an exciting story?

It wasn't one of your deviled eggs, was it?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »

I've got to ask Skip about that deviled   eggs recipe.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »

With all of the talk yesterday about deviled eggs; I was wondering if anyone here had tried those things called Eggies?  Those are the little plastic cups that cook up hard-boiled eggs without having to crack the shells.  Considering how badly I shell eggs, I am thinking of trying them.

LOL these look too good to be true. https://www.geteggiestv.com/?tag=he|af&a_aid=OF&a_bid=b3dc2eaa&data1=722

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »

How pathetic are we? department:  Betsy and I are back from the special invite grand reopening of a remodeled Fred Meyer store.  They had gift bags, wine, cupcakes, canapes, and the store looks mah-velous.  And the really funny thing is, there were hundreds of other losers there celebrating right along with us.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

I was the very first person to use the U-Scan self checkout at the store.  I have blazed a trail for all other shoppers who refuse to wait in a traditional checkout line.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

Kevin, I would highly recommend going with the cheap phone. That way if you happen to fall into your neighbor's turtle pond ...

What if his neighbor doesn't have a turtle pond?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »

Chatted with a nice lady at the Motion Picture Country Home/Fund and, unfortunately, my friend Jewell is not eligible for their help. She had worked the required 20 years in Film/Television, but didn't make enough money during too many of those years, percentage wise (or something) to qualify.

But the gal is sending me some information on resources in the Valley Village/North Hollywood area and I have located a senior citizen apartment complex in Los Angeles, on W 7th, which has two studios coming up. One this month and one next month. It seems to be in a nice area, right near Good Samaritan Hospital. The rent is only $678 a month...still a bit spendy for her, but much better then her current $1000.00 a month....and if she can get her doctor to send a letter saying that her dog is a companion animal, the apartment will let her have him there (otherwise he is over the 25 lb limit).

Couldn't she claim he was a service dog?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »

Chatted with a nice lady at the Motion Picture Country Home/Fund and, unfortunately, my friend Jewell is not eligible for their help. She had worked the required 20 years in Film/Television, but didn't make enough money during too many of those years, percentage wise (or something) to qualify.

But the gal is sending me some information on resources in the Valley Village/North Hollywood area and I have located a senior citizen apartment complex in Los Angeles, on W 7th, which has two studios coming up. One this month and one next month. It seems to be in a nice area, right near Good Samaritan Hospital. The rent is only $678 a month...still a bit spendy for her, but much better then her current $1000.00 a month....and if she can get her doctor to send a letter saying that her dog is a companion animal, the apartment will let her have him there (otherwise he is over the 25 lb limit).

Couldn't she claim he was a service dog?

You can't just claim that.  I'm not even sure they should accept a note from the doctor for a companion dog.

Laura

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »

Hurray! My Birding Buddy arrives in 10 minutes! She migrates here every winter and stays until it gets hot. I am picking her up at the airport. Jane -- in August she fell off a ladder and broke her shoulder. So she's had a tough day today, I'm sure.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »

A few days ago, I was lamenting the fact that I probably wasn't going to make it to Broadway (except the one in Tacoma), unless they might need an actor to play FDR in the next revival of ANNIE.

Then I got a phone call from a friend of mine who had received a Playbill from the Broadway cast of THE ADDAMS FAMILY.  And sure enough, I am currently the understudy for Lurch in the production, after making my Broadway debut in the revival of A CHORUS LINE.  Of course, they did manage to misspell my last name, but the photos turned out well.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »

You photograph well, TCB. My face always inflates when the picture snaps.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up