Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: EPHEMERA AND DETRITUS  (Read 35140 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:EPHEMERA AND DETRITUS
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »

Slingblade, who are the people in the photo with Patti?

Since he's not here at the moment, they're Laura Benanti and Boyd Gaines. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:05:42 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »

I'm leaving.  I need to get something to eat before I go to rehearsal and I need to pick up a vest for my costume...but I think I'll get the vest tomorrow.  I ordered one on-line and THEN found this one locally (it's "gently used") for a little less than HALF the price.  It doesn't matter what the vest looks like for the show.  I just need to wear a vest and look like a waiter.  I phoned the on-line place today and they said that it's already been shipped. :P I will be able to return it, but I won't get shipping refunded. :-\ I hate it when that happens.  Even with the shipping though, the "gently used" vest will still be about half the price of the shipped one!  It's worth it.  I don't think I'll ever need a tux vest, unless I'm in another show where I need a tux vest. ::)

;)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:14:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2007, 05:15:03 PM »

Laters, gators!

George

« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »

Page 10 Dance...make something up! :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

Well, be that as it may DR Elmore, I will still be auditioning keeping an eye out for male type actors to play the other Brain roles whilst I am in NYC, so as to refer my favorites to BK.

Ohmigod! It would be a cast of geriatric gymbunnies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »

Elmore, I am going to make you buy a kurta.

You can try, but if you get on my last nerve, I'll bury you in your sarong ASAP.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »

Of course, I liked General Mills, too, so what do *I* know?

Personally, I think I should go to New York and play General Mills:

a)  I'm inexpensive (round-trip air provided by me)
b)  I take direction well, and
c)  I am damned talented
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »

Time to get going on der B's din-din.

Steak.  But I'm adding some Bernaise sauce.

And broccoli and baked taters.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2007, 05:37:12 PM »

So...the obnoxious woman had seen you in the office before you left to check on the delivery?

But of course...she is the root of all evil....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2007, 05:37:58 PM »

Thanks for all the good thoughts regarding my trip to the Shrine of All Things Brent (Las Vegas).  I may not be totally out of touch with HHW for the entire trip, after all.  The guy I am going with The friend who is going to Vegas with me, is thinking of taking his laptop. S-o-o-o, we shall see.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »

Der Brucer and I have just been alerted that our elderly neighbor across the street is without air conditioning.  With temperatures on the rise (along with the humidity), one of our other neighbors asked if we might have a room air conditioner or something to help.

I didn't think we did, but der Brucer had indeed packed one in the move from Long Beach.

He's giving it a good cleaning as I type.

That's wonderful DR Woody, you guys just may be saving a life...literally

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »

Today my boss was in town and we went through some final things and then he took me to dinner. We were joined by the other lawyer and his wife.   It was a nice dinner at a restaurant I'd been anxious to try. The food was so, so but it was a nice view of the river.

So as were leaving and after the other lawyer and his wife were out of sight. My boss gave me a hug and handed me 2 envelopes, making a point to tell me which one was from him and then wished me the best and walked away.

When I got in my car and opened the one from him he had written a very nice note saying what an honor it was to work with me and had included an EXTREMELY generous gift certificate to Barnes and Noble.  The other was from our office administrator and was very nice as well.  They made me cry.  

I have prepared myself for the fact that I was not going to get any acknowledgement from the people I work with in my local office that I'm leaving. It isn't even on the calendar. But the truth is this was my dream job for the first 4 years I was there.  Things were so different then and the two people who gave me cards know that more than anyone.  

I am sad that Nick felt he had to wait until no one was looking to hand me the cards, but it meant a lot to me that he did it.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2007, 06:03:48 PM »

Lauren called an apologized for the tone of her e-mail, which she didn't mean.  She's known about Bukowsical's Fringe appearance for about six weeks, yes.  But, it's all fine and I wouldn't have been hot under anything had the tone of the e-mail been different.  We're fine now - of all the roles to replace, I think it will be easiest with Joyce, at least I hope so.

td

• td
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »

TOTD:  Hercules - The DISNEY version.

With music by Alan Menken!  And singing by Susan Egan!  More singing from Roger Bart!  Not to mention opening narration by CHARLETON HESTON!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »

On a happier note, tomorrow is now my last day.   After tomorrow afternoon, I won't have anything left to do at the office.  So, I decided to use a couple days of vacation and take Thursday and Friday off. It didn't seem to bother anyone a bit.

Paul said he needs help painting the Mardi Gras float and the water tower, so if it isn't too hot I'll do that for a couple days.  It's fun and it will be a nice break.  Thursday night is also Mardi Gras, so I'll get some gumbo and other good stuff.  If the weather is still hot, I have tons of things to do at my office....like designing my new website!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #285 on: June 26, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »

That's nice, Cillaliz.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #286 on: June 26, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »

Oh and there is always the laundry that has been piling up for weeks.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »

I've been thinking about buying the Grey Gardens DVDs....I can do that and a lot more with this card....cool

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2007, 06:48:19 PM »

Happy to say that second proofer's corrections have been entered (there were actually very few) and I now pronounce the manuscript phase of the book done.  Now we design, and when that's done I have to proof a couple more times, and that will be that.

Danise

« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »

Hi all!

It's been busy, busy, busy!

A few updates:  I heard from the guy at MOSI.  He is still looking for Mom's star.  I think it is pretty far out there and must be a fairly new discovery.  Maybe the software he is using is out of date.  Anyway the good news is that he hasn't given up.   :)

Got my stress test back.  I'm ok but was warned that I was very, very lucky it didn't turn into a major stroke.  The part that worried him was when I said my arm was like a lead pipe and I couldn't life it.  

If it every happens again I have to go right to the ER.  

I was told about the "Golden" hour when there is something they can give you if they get to you fast enough that helps cut the effects of the stroke.  

Anyway, we will just hope that doesn't happen ever again.  I get a tingle down my arm every once in awhile but nothing bad--so far.

Still waiting to hear what the effects of the tax break will be.  St. Pete is letting over 50 people go.  

I am very worried about what is going to happen to the county.  Well, let's be honest, to me.  That's enough to cause anyone to be stressed out.  It won't take effect until the end of the fiscal year but I wish they would say so I could plan if it's bad.  

Wish I had some good news to give you but that's about all that's going on right now.

I have to run.

Laters, hugs and vibes!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #290 on: June 26, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »

Hi all!

It's been busy, busy, busy!

A few updates:  I heard from the guy at MOSI.  He is still looking for Mom's star.  I think it is pretty far out there and must be a fairly new discovery.  Maybe the software he is using is out of date.  Anyway the good news is that he hasn't given up.   :)

Got my stress test back.  I'm ok but was warned that I was very, very lucky it didn't turn into a major stroke.  The part that worried him was when I said my arm was like a lead pipe and I couldn't life it.  

Wish I had some good news to give you but that's about all that's going on right now.

I have to run.

Laters, hugs and vibes!

I would say that the fact that it did not turn into a major stroke is very good news indeed!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »

Good evening, all!  DH Richard and I met up at the DC Convention Center shortly after my earlier post, had our lunch at Zaytinya (lovely and delicious).  We got our train tickets and hung out at Union Station for a while before proceeding to Chapters (A Literary Bookstore), to hear Susan Vreeland talk about her newest book, The Luncheon of the Boating Party.  She is a delightful speaker.  Of course, I bought the book and had it autographed.  The only bad thing about the event was the bookstore cat.  She was OK, as cats go, but I'm so-o-o-o-o allergic and now have a sore throat.  We stopped and picked up some munchies for our "dinner" and have crashed for the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »

Lost Wages vibes for DR TCB.

DR EDISAURUS, the tall actor I was talking about was not a regular....his wife had had a heart transplant and Treat was talking to him near the end of the show about being able to see the donor.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »

I like THE EGYPTIAN too.

I have read the novel....in paperback....interesting....and just a jumping off point for some of the things that happen in the movie.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »

MR BK could always cast Mr Zach Spicer in THE BRAIN....although he will be in classes at Circle on the Square.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »

DR EDISAURUS, the tall actor I was talking about was not a regular....his wife had had a heart transplant and Treat was talking to him near the end of the show about being able to see the donor.

Oh! I thought you were talking about the episode that aired Monday at 10PM, but you were referring to the pilot.

That's Ryan Hurst, and I never realized how tall he was until I saw that shot of him and Treat looking into the hospital room and he was towering over him.

I love him! He was the best thing in the episode. He was on a series I worked on several years ago, called WANTED. I did the launch for this the same time as THE CLOSER, and actually liked the WANTED pilot better than the CLOSER. But when the CLOSER producer started getting upset that I wasn't always available when she needed me, the head of creative decided that two series were too much for one editor. The producer took it to another post house and it took two editors to do all my work, with an assistant! (I work by myself...) I wasn't happy about that at the time, because THE CLOSER was a 2-3 day job and they kept me on hold for the other days and would release them at the last minute. It was not a profitable year, and a drag after making a lot of cash working on both series.

Ryan played a very interesting charachter on SAVED, a guy with some real anger management issues, and we got some insight into the origins of that through his relationship with his father. He was also a born-again Christian so he was always very conflicted because he was the most violent member of the squad.

His performance on HEARTLAND was heartrending. He's a very interesting actor!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »

One of my favorite CLOSER regulars is Terrence, who is now assisting occasionally during autopsies. I was happy to see him reappear in episode 6!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »

Personally, I think I should go to New York and play General Mills:

a)  I'm inexpensive (round-trip air provided by me)
b)  I take direction well, and
c)  I am damned talented

Well, you never know - right now, I'm looking at some NY names, but, I'm open to anything, baby!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »

As you know, I am helping with the entertainment portion of the LACC Foundation benefit - and they loved my idea of doing a tribute to LACC grad, Jerry Goldsmith, with the Young Musicians Foundation orchestra.  So, today I made a call to the conductor who was suggested to me by my pal Jon Burlingame, and I just had a lovely conversation with the gentleman (he was a very close friend of Jerry's in his last ten years, and has conducted several Goldsmith concerts), and I'm happy to say he's said yes and we're good to go.  The gentleman is a fantastic composer in his own right, Mr. Charles Fox, who has written many fine TV and film scores, as well as the hit songs Killing Me Softly and Ready To Take A Chance Again.

Edisaurus

« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »

Some of you might remember seeing pictures of my coffee table, which has a very heavy glass top perched on the ears of rabbits. I have a lot of magazines on it to keep it weighed down.

It didn't work tonight---when we came home the floor was almost covered with magazines, mail, paperwork, etc. They had knocked the glass off the rabbit ears. Everyone looked rather guilty. I'm just glad it didn't land on a kitty!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:31:40 PM by Edisaurus »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up