Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SISTER CLODAGH, SISTER CLODAGH  (Read 30919 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:SISTER CLODAGH, SISTER CLODAGH
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »

Wow- (that's Wow spelled backwards) it's a really slow day here.  I'm back to reading the posts.  It's been a busy few days it seems, so I'll try to catch up.

Tonight begins the final 5 performances of "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" and the sound issues are still the main problem.  I still have not heard the "Marriage Tango" in its complete form as the male actor's mic always does not work on that particular number.  Of course, the sound designer doesn't know how to troubleshoot is equipment, so this problem doesn't get resolved.  i waited for him after the Sunday matinee to tell him that he has two days to remedy this problem, but he knows I'm not happy with him and he avoided me at all costs until I had to bolt to the next gig that evening.  Just fix the damn problem, that's all.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2005, 10:39:36 AM »

Page three dance.... can't dance... can't hear the music!

FJL

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2005, 10:45:36 AM »

I don't know about films that qualify as one-offs, but I actually found the years-later Avalon-Funicello revisit BACK TO THE BEACH to be so unusual in its look, style and pacing that I can say I'd never seen anything quite like it.  A surprisingly satisfying, though very odd, film.

Another odd film that I liked was the Israeli musical film KAZABLAN, which felt unlike any movie musical I'd seen, with one of the most unlikely musical heroes I've seen.    

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2005, 10:51:20 AM »

I have heard a rumor that it is possible to convert your region specific DVD player to play DVDs from all regions.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a lie to make gullible and techoignorant  people (like me) destroy their DVD players by fiddling withhe innards?  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »

Traveling vibes for DR elmore, who will probably be home by the time he sees this!

My question for bk - and any others who might like to chime in:  How would one go about developing a one-person performance (a la The Belle of Amherst) based on a literary figure?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2005, 11:31:14 AM »

Dan broke the HHW site!

Dan broke the HHW site !

I'm tellin'!    I'm tellin'!

You...better..NOT TELL!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2005, 11:36:40 AM »

D-t-M, ROTFLMAO (and that's hard to do cause I'm at a desk in my cubicle.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2005, 11:38:21 AM »

As you may know, the fall is the time the bears are getting ready for hiberantion.  For any one planning on going hiking in the woods to see the glorious colors (colours for you Canadians and Austrailians amongst us) of  the  changing leaves here is an important  safety reminder:

We returned home to find a very large bear had been feasting on our fruit trees.  We aren't sure how it got in but know where it pushed its way out through the fence.  We know it was a very large bear by the elephant sized bear scat.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »

Jose sharing a suite is a great idea, if only we were all staying through the same number of days.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2005, 11:50:33 AM »

Vixmom I heard from JMK and nothing has really happened yet.  Looks like they will try and sell their home before waiting to hear back from the builder.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2005, 11:58:45 AM »

I think we are going to get a new dog today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2005, 11:59:15 AM »

Does one-off mean the same as one-of-a-kind?  I am confused, as usual.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2005, 12:01:24 PM »

Sounds like some nifty 45's there, MR BK.

First time I heard the music from Lil Abner were some old 45's that my aunt gave me - including If I Had My Druthers and Namely You.  Although I really liked Johnny Mathis' Broadway songbook with Abner songs and Gypsy songs and songs from Flower Drum Song.

Hmmmm....wonder if that's on CD?

Jane

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2005, 12:09:28 PM »

Elmore welcome back.  Just before I left for our trip I saw this really cute shirt.  It was slightly pricey so I hesitated to buy it, especially since I wasn’t sure it would be warm enough in Romania for me to wear it.  I couldn’t resist the top since the clothing line is called “wheres larry”.   I owe you a moment of gratitude.  It was hot in Munich and very warm during most of our stay in Romania and I was thankful to have the top with me.

Ben

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2005, 12:13:09 PM »

Michael B. if you do see Pavilion you will be seeing a minor hit, at least according to Playbill On-Line. The run has been extended.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/95378.html

There is also a nice picture of the cast with the article.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »

DR MBARNUM the only "scary" movie my Dollar Store had was House on Haunted Hill/The Bat which I already have.  Some new cartoons but no other new live action DVD's.  They must keep all the good ones in Oregon.

I always have to ask where their DVDs are at. They tend to keep them in strange places...often a box of them will be sitting on the counter at one of the checkstands, or over by the candies.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2005, 12:20:32 PM »

I think we are going to get a new dog today.

Yah!

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 12:22:56 PM »

Michael B. if you do see Pavilion you will be seeing a minor hit, at least according to Playbill On-Line. The run has been extended.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/95378.html

There is also a nice picture of the cast with the article.

I am having trouble finding a night to see it. They have no show on Monday, the Tuesday show was cancelled....that leaves me Saturday or Wednesday...and Wednesday will be the HHW get together...so, I must rest up on Saturday because  I think that is when we will have to go.

Elmore, if you see this post I am getting the tickets for Saturday! Hope that works for you!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 12:23:45 PM by MBarnum »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 12:34:13 PM »

You...better..NOT TELL!!!
Dan! Wherever did you find my elementary school class picture?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2005, 12:49:29 PM »

We returned home to find a very large bear had been feasting on our fruit trees.  We aren't sure how it got in but know where it pushed its way out through the fence.  We know it was a very large bear by the elephant sized bear scat.

At least he's now regular....there's a blessing for the bear, which probably desperately needed some fruit to aid in his BM.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 12:54:53 PM »

At least he's now regular....there's a blessing for the bear, which probably desperately needed some fruit to aid in his BM.

Well, now, that just wrecks havok with that age old question "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »

Traveling vibes for DR elmore, who will probably be home by the time he sees this!

My question for bk - and any others who might like to chime in:  How would one go about developing a one-person performance (a la The Belle of Amherst) based on a literary figure?

Depends what you mean by developing.  You start by doing all the research and making voluminous notes, then organizing them into some sort of cohesion - then you must come up with a dramatic structure for the piece that will hold the audience's attention for a couple of hours, tell the story in a dramatic and interesting way, and have the proper builds and climaxes.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 01:00:53 PM »

I am eagerly awaiting a new dog report.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jason

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 01:02:53 PM »

I just received a call from my dad. It sounds like I may have to go home at a moment's notice as my grandmother's health is rapidly deteriorating. She's in the ICU right now and according to my dad, my grandfather has instructed them not to use any life support should she require it. She's nearly 84 years old and they've been married for over 60 years.

Please keep her and my family in your thoughts and prayers if you go for that sort of thing. Thanks...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 01:17:36 PM by Jason »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  PRAYERS AND VIBES FOR DR JASON'S GRANDMOTHER  AND FAMILY  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2005, 01:12:11 PM »

I felt a great urgency to watch GOOD NEWS while I was eating lunch, and, of course, the movie is so much fun that I had to watch the whole thing. What a great good time at the movies (even in my den)!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2005, 01:14:40 PM »

Your gran is very much in my thoughts and prayers, DR Jason.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2005, 01:15:54 PM »

~~~ Great Vibage for DR Jason's Grandmother!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2005, 01:17:01 PM »

I have heard a rumor that it is possible to convert your region specific DVD player to play DVDs from all regions.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a lie to make gullible and techoignorant  people (like me) destroy their DVD players by fiddling withhe innards?  

There is a website that will give you the codes you punch into your remote to turn your player in an all region machine (no need to open it up at all). They don't have codes for every player, but you can do a search to see if they have your machine.

Sorry to say, I don't remember the addy for the website or even the name, but a google search should turn up some possibilities.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »

After GOOD NEWS, I switched over to the DVR to watch the first hour of CONQUEST, a Greta Garbo film I have never seen before. Looked good and was intriguing though the reviews have always tabbed this as one of her dullest movies. I was rather liking it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up