Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARRANGEMENT  (Read 22216 times)

Kerry

Re: THE ARRANGEMENT
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »

Nope.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »

YES!!!
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »

Yeah Kerry...you turned over a new page...or leaf or something

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »

The new Hofstetter will probably be a little earlier than last year - July, I'm thinking.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »

PAGE 3 JOHN CAGE 4' 33" DANCE

Has DR Jose taken to doing drugs?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »

I just chased a green heron out of my yard. It had one of my fish.

Well, at least the fish made him sick.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »

Linda the Cow escapes from going to the slaughter house.  This is a happy story for our animal lover and vegetarian friends

http://www.kake.com/kansas/headlines/42259162.html

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

Congrats to DR AJamison  (my DN Adam) who just yesterday became a licensed funeral director!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »

I love this!  In case anyone hadn't seen it:

Kurt Peterson, Seth Rudetsky and Victoria Mallory

I guess I hadn't seen it, and I don't understand it.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

Congrats to DR AJamison  (my DN Adam) who just yesterday became a licensed funeral director!

congratulations!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

Well time to cook sumpin!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »

Victoria Mallory and Kurt Peterson played Tony and Maria in the Lincoln Center summer production of WEST SIDE STORY before he went off to DEAR WORLD and she went into FOLLIES. They were a romantic couple as well, but I understand their breakup occurred because of one of her leading men in a Sondheim musical. She later left the leading man and married Mark Lambert, who played Henrik in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. I haven't seen Kurt in over ten years. When I first got to NYC, he was coaching singer and still performing.

I wonder if that photo of them from the late 1960s is a Ken Duncan photo?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:05:23 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »

Here's the real question - what ISN'T moving to Broadway?  According to every producer of every show being done in every town everywhere, everything is moving to Broadway.

Actually, my production of GUYS AND DOLLS is not moving to Broadway.  Although, considering the reviews of the current Broadway show, it might be an improvement
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »

My dad saw the oncology orthopedist and seemed to like him very much. He is scheduled for surgery on the 14th - they will take the growth out and biospy it all at once.  He will probably be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days and then depending on the results of the biopsy they'll decide if he needs further treatment.

Thank you all for the VIBES!

Vixmom, my best wishes to your father on his upcoming surgery and recovery.

And I am delgihted to read about the improvement of your hearing.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »

I gotta tell you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:35 PM »

My  79 year old dad is going to an orthopedic oncologist today.  They have found a tumor in his thigh which is wrapped around the thigh muscle.....

I am quite concerned...

~~~Slightly Belated Vibes for DR Vixmom's DD!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

My dad saw the oncology orthopedist and seemed to like him very much. He is scheduled for surgery on the 14th - they will take the growth out and biospy it all at once.  He will probably be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days and then depending on the results of the biopsy they'll decide if he needs further treatment.

Thank you all for the VIBES!

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Vixmom's DD!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »

Good Evening!

Well I now have a tube in my right ear and according to thr hearing test I have about 80% hearing in that ear now.  Since I had 0% before I am quite pleased.

The ENT said a tube would make no difference to the left ear so he left it alone but the hearing test showed its working at about 90% so overall I am doing well

Wonderful news!!! :)  Your hearing might be better than mine.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

DR Cilla, Keith & I enjoyed the story about Linda.

Congratulations to DR AJamison!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »

Victoria Mallory and Kurt Peterson played Tony and Maria in the Lincoln Center summer production of WEST SIDE STORY before he went off to DEAR WORLD and she went into FOLLIES. They were a romantic couple as well, but I understand their breakup occurred because of one of her leading men in a Sondheim musical. She later left the leading man and married Mark Lambert, who played Henrik in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. I haven't seen Kurt in over ten years. When I first got to NYC, he was coaching singer and still performing.

I wonder if that photo of them from the late 1960s is a Ken Duncan photo?

Thank you elmore for clearing that up for me.  BTW, why didn't I think to call you the other night when the director, the music director, and I were all trying to figure out the basis for the line, "The sheeps eye and the lickerish tooth."  You could have contacted your close and personal friend Jo Loesser.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »

My computer isn't working.   If Keith can't fix it I hope he can retrieve my information.  At the moment I'm using the little laptop.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to a recording session, after which I shall return.

George

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »

TOD:

Probably my most played CDs are Larry Moore's Kander and Ebb Album and his Alan J. Lerner Album, both with incidental vocals by Brent Barrett, whom I saw, btw, with Jerry Colker in West Side Story when both were understudies.

DR WilliamFOrr, I regret to say that the wonderful Brent Barrett's Lerner album is not my work! I sadly turned the album down because I had just had difficult recording sessions with Brent's musical director for another singer for an infamous label, and I wasn't ready to work with him again. I love Brent and I hated telling BK that I was turning the album down.

Larry, right now I'm listening to the 2-CD compilation of your arrangements!  Gems, every one! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »

TOD:

Probably my most played CDs are Larry Moore's Kander and Ebb Album and his Alan J. Lerner Album, both with incidental vocals by Brent Barrett, whom I saw, btw, with Jerry Colker in West Side Story when both were understudies.

DR WilliamFOrr, I regret to say that the wonderful Brent Barrett's Lerner album is not my work! I sadly turned the album down because I had just had difficult recording sessions with Brent's musical director for another singer for an infamous label, and I wasn't ready to work with him again. I love Brent and I hated telling BK that I was turning the album down.

Larry, right now I'm listening to the 2-CD compilation of your arrangements!  Gems, every one! ;D

As shucks! That's very kind, DR George!

The blasted dog in the apartment above me has been barking for the past 90 minutes. I am not happy about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »

And speaking of Jerry Colker:

The YODO Total Fitness System Created by Jerry Colker

"JERRY COLKER

I'll start at the beginning of my journey.

At Hamilton High School in Los Angeles, I was an All-League gymnast.

I then competed in gymnastics for Harvard University.

In fact, I alone, was the entire Harvard gymnastics team, but that's another story.

I came to New York, determined to perform on Broadway and so I immersed myself in ballet and jazz dance classes with the top teachers in the city: Joffrey Ballet, Finish Jhung, Don Farnworth, Luigi, Rhett Dennis and others. I had the good fortune of working with Bob Fosse in "Pippin," Michael Bennett in "A Chorus Line," and I played the role of "Riff" in the Broadway revival of "West Side Story" for Jerome Robbins. Coming back to Los Angeles, I studied Kung Fu and T'ai Chi with James Wing Woo. I then earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do studying with Jun Chong and Philip Rhee. For many years I also tutored, coached and taught gymnastics and martial arts."...

OMG!!!!!  :)

But that's a good "OMG".  I think.  ;D

*And there are pics and video clips too!  ::)

Thanks for the info.  I'd wondered what happened to him, also. 

George

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

Congrats to DR AJamison!!

Laura

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

Congratulations to DR AJ!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2009, 05:39:07 PM »

TOD:

The blasted dog in the apartment above me has been barking for the past 90 minutes. I am not happy about it.

Poor Larry, Poor Dog,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »

TOD:

Poor Larry, Poor Dog,

I don't know how the situation should be handled, and I don't wish the dog ill; it never backs when the tenant is home. I would like to know if other tenants are complaining.

On those nights - and they're happening too often - when it barks from 11pm to 1am or later, I want the dog dead.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

I'm back at my computer.  Keith has hooked up a new mouse.  We both think the old one was causing the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up