Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARMCHAIR EXPERTS  (Read 10691 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE ARMCHAIR EXPERTS
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »

I have a piece of Titanic coal that I bought when they first brought it up in 1994 or so.

They had some more at the exhibit, so I bought a piece for my sister......it is very sad to think about....but it is the ONLY artifact that is for sale.

Well, on the open market anyway.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Well, my best friend has just been offered the role of Ben in the Kennedy Center production of FOLLIES, I just learned five minutes ago.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »

and from yesterday.

I misnamed the new Clint Eastwood movie. Somehow Hereafter just couldn't stick in my mind. I was calling it different names all day. Actually Afterlife is not such a bad name for it

Re: the score---Clint just thinks up a few melodies and then gives them to his orchestrator, Lennie Niehaus, who is the *real* composer, IMHO.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »

Back from the lab, I can have some breakfast (yay!) before I head out again.

Did you see what's on the slab?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

DR Edisaurus, you will be happy to know that PUSS N BOOTS, and several of the other K. Gordon Murray English dubbed releases of Mexican films are considered cult classics.

Here is a website devoted to K. Gordon Murray and his film releases:

http://www.kiddiematinee.com/murray.html

There is even a documentary coming out soon!

Ooohhh...I wish I was working on that documentary!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »

Well, my best friend has just been offered the role of Ben in the Kennedy Center production of FOLLIES, I just learned five minutes ago.

They called you before they called ME?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »

Ah................black market artifacts......the mind is racing.

Edisaurus

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »

Be sure to return that umbrage the way you found it. Some else may need to use it.
:D :D :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

Congrats to your best friend, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »

This show between THE MIDDLE and MODERN FAMILY is written so poorly.....I can't tell if the performers are good or not.....this whole thing is terrible.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »

Has anyone seen any extra umbrage.......keep it for Christmas, DR JMK - you aren't on my list.

George

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »

This show between THE MIDDLE and MODERN FAMILY is written so poorly.....I can't tell if the performers are good or not.....this whole thing is terrible.

I've only seen one episode...I just wasn't interested.  I also don't usually watch "The Middle," even though I like it when I do watch it.  But I love "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »

Jrand, did you enjoy the exhibit?  Did you get to see John Jacob Astor's cuff links?

If they were the onyx with diamonds....yes I did.

Those would be the ones, Jrand.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »

We just got brand new 22-inch monitors here at work (actually, about an hour ago)!  I took a picture, but I won't be able to post it until I get home.  It's a pretty snazzy monitor! :D

Edisaurus

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

I just got back form a get together of folks raising money for our neighborhood park. They had a good idea this year; they made a pet calendar. Everyone bought space for their pet's picture, and there are also ads in it, and then they sell it for $20. I don't know how I'll use it since it's pretty big, but all 4 of my kitties are in there and it was fun to look at all the pictures of pets I see being walked and learning their named.

Edisaurus

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »

I stepped in a wet spot in my office and assumed it was cat hurl, but turns out the leak in my office ceiling has returned. At least it wasn't over any furniture of papers...just a wet rug.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »

I've only seen one episode...I just wasn't interested.  I also don't usually watch "The Middle," even though I like it when I do watch it.  But I love "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town."

I've never even heard of that show.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »

I think I'm experiencing a solider-bug free evening here at Casa Linton. Very nice!

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »

I have a piece of Titanic coal that I bought when they first brought it up in 1994 or so.

They had some more at the exhibit, so I bought a piece for my sister......it is very sad to think about....but it is the ONLY artifact that is for sale.

I have a piece of coal and a replica cup that I bought at the Exhibition in St. Paul a number of years ago. I'd love to see it again

George

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »

I've never even heard of that show.

I can't imagine that it'll last very long...but you never know.

George

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

I have a piece of coal and a replica cup that I bought at the Exhibition in St. Paul a number of years ago. I'd love to see it again

My niece was very much into Titanic stuff when she was much younger, even before Leo and Kate's "Titanic" was released.  Her great-grandmother (on her father's side) had a set of salt and pepper shakers that were the same kind that were used on the Titanic and from that era (they weren't reproductions), but they just weren't actually used on the Titanic.  I don't know who has them now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »

My niece was very much into Titanic stuff when she was much younger, even before Leo and Kate's "Titanic" was released.  Her great-grandmother (on her father's side) had a set of salt and pepper shakers that were the same kind that were used on the Titanic and from that era (they weren't reproductions), but they just weren't actually used on the Titanic.  I don't know who has them now.

They were probably used on the Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic.  White Star never put the actual name of the ship on their china or sivlerware, prefering to use WHITE STAR LINE and the emblem.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »

Richard is playing Ben in Follies?!  And to think I saw his New York premier  guest starring in BK's own Brain from Planet X 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »

Sorry I havern't been around much lately - I am pleased to report that Mom continues to improve

George

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »

Jan Maxwell, Elaine Paige, Florence Lacey Will Join Bernadette Peters in Kennedy Center Follies:

Joining the previously announced two-time Tony winner Bernadette Peters as Sally will be Terrence Currier as Theodore Whitman, Rosalind Elias as Heidi Schiller, Florence Lacey as Sandra Crane, Linda Lavin as Hattie Walker, Jan Maxwell as Phyllis Rogers Stone, Elaine Paige as Carlotta Campion, Régine as Solange LaFitte, David Sabin as Dimitri Weismann, Susan Watson as Emily Whitman and Terri White as Stella Deems.

The production has been extended two weeks and will now run May 7-June 19, 2011, in the Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater.

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »

I am please to report that the old parasonage is SOLD! The Pastor and hisa family have moved out,the closing is over the deed delivered we are done!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:51:13 PM by vixmom »

George

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

Sorry I havern't been around much lately - I am pleased to report that Mom continues to improve

Very good news, Vixmom!

vixmom

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »

I am pleased to announce the new parsonage is BOUGHT! The closing is over the deed delivered and the Pastor and his family are moved in

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up