Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37489 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2007, 08:33:05 AM »

Time to head to work.  Short day today.  (Hoo and ray!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »

Sleeping will be a bit difficult for awhile since we are still in that darn Jupiter retrograde.  

When will it end? Do I need to get a prescription for XANAX?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »

Can any DR enlighten me about the "m-o-o-n; that spells - - - " reference that DR Ron Pulliam uses occasionally?  I've tried Google, but can't for the life of me discern the source...    :)

Read or watch the TV miniseries of Stephen King's "The Stand" to fully appreciate the usage.

There is a character named Tom who, for want of a better word, is retarded.  Conscious Tom is retarded, but subconscious Tom is a wholly different entity.

At any rate, Tom never made it through school.  Whenever something unpleasant occurs in the story -- or something is about to happen that Tom wishes to give import to -- he will say, "It's about to rain.  M-o-o-n, that spells "rain."

In other words, Tom can spell "moon"...and he uses that spelling for everything he wishes to emphasize.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »

"M-o-o-n" -- that spells Wednesday.  

Already???

Hooray!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2007, 08:38:58 AM »

When will it end? Do I need to get a prescription for XANAX?

Nah...just use a wine bottle.  (Or, a bottle of wine).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »

The above was a Woody Allen "Love and Death" reference.   Make of it what you will.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »

If UPS actually delivers what the tracking system says is "out for delivery" (UPS does not ALWAYS deliver things their tracking says is "out for delivery"...trust me on that), I shall have my new HD DVD player this everning.

Doesn't much matter, because I won't be getting the HDMI cable I purchased through Amazon.com until tomorrow or Friday, at the earliest.

I may actually have to go out and BUY one locally, since the Amazon vendor from whom I purchased the cable on Monday didn't ship until late yesterday afternoon.

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »

Sleeping will be a bit difficult for awhile since we are still in that darn Jupiter retrograde.  You may as well stay awake and make plans for the summer.

Could that be why, although I'm sleeping OK, I don't feel rested?  Or maybe I'm just staying up too late and getting up too early...

Or maybe

I Need a Vacation!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:42:57 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:16 AM »

I'm expecting the new DVD of "The Sand Pebbles" in today's UPS delivery, as well.

Of course, based on UPS tracking info, I was expecting it yesterday, too.  Sigh.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »

It's official.

I got it directly from my postman.

The USPS does NOT deliver all the mail it has for you as it receives it.

My postman told me yesterday that Tuesdays, locally, are given over to fourth class deliveries.  I asked if that meant that first class mail/packages, etc., would be allowed to sit an extra day.

He said that was correct, unless it was Express.

That explains so-o-o-o-o-o much.  At least, on the local front.  It probably differs from postal area to postal area.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48:27 AM »

Quote from: JRand56 on Today at 08:22:36am
Boy if you think President Bush has problems with his cabinet - you should read DR LAURA's story from yesterday.

(And from DR Laura)
I was able to get rid of the old one and get a new one. Problem solved.
_________________________________________________ _____

WOW !! I was so happy to read DR Laura's GREAT NEWS !!  But then, I realized she was talking about the cabinet.  :(

lol
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »

Wow!  I just got off the phone...not one minute ago.  I received a call/message from UPS notifying me of a delivery today of an iimportant item that MUST be signed for (as if you could get UPS delivery "without" signing for it).

It's my HD DVD which is "out for delivery"....but with the phone call, I'm totally CERTAIN I'll get it today.

I ain't never gotten no phone call notification of an impending Amazon.com UPS delivery afore!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:49:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »

I was shopping a couple of months ago at my local Goodwill outlet, and there on the shelf was an HDMI cable for $1.99.

I bought it....and DR MATTH informed me how it should be hooked up to my new LDC television and it works fine.

Although...I have NOT seen one there since.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:56 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, boy, I guess I needed the sleep!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »

That's beautiful Ginny. Hope you can save it.   The Williges building isn't the most beautiful in town, but Sioux City has some wonderful architecture and many buildings have been torn down over the past 20 years or so.  It's now to the point where we really can't afford to lose another one.  

Yes, it's a beautiful space, DR Cillaliz.  One of the other speakers in your video said that once it's gone we'll never be able to replace it.  That's exactly what I said about the Arcade yesterday at a lunch table full of grantmakers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »

OK...  So I got DRs Ginny and MusicGuy NYC dates...

DR MBarnum - when exactly are you coming in again?  I seem to recall June 28-July 1.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »

Watching the hearings about the exceedingly handsome (a DantheMan news-alert reference) Andrew Speaker, the tuberculosis patient.

It's so strange to hear them constantly saying "Mister Speaker" in official hearings in reference to the patient.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »

DR Ginny - Do you have your tickets yet for the new Sara Ruhl play at Woolly Mammoth?  Just curious.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2007, 09:00:43 AM »

Ginny - Are you seeing Witches of Eastwick at the Signature in Arlington?  Did I miss a discussion of your theatre plans in the D.C. area?

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »

It's so strange to hear them constantly saying "Mister Speaker" in official hearings in reference to the patient.

Yes.  I was hoping that they'd refer to him as "Madame Speaker," as well.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »

How about BUY XANAX NOW AND ENJOY XANADU

;D

singdaw

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »

Lunch tray report:

I am enjoying the company cafeteria's split pea soup for the third day in a row, because it is SO DARN GOOD!   :)

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »

DR Ginny - Do you have your tickets yet for the new Sara Ruhl play at Woolly Mammoth?  Just curious.

DR Jose - alas, that's something we just may have to miss.  Our Saturday and Sunday in DC are pretty booked with my conference, as is the Wednesday evening before we head up to NYC.  If we were staying in DC the whole time we're away, we'd go that second weekend.  Do you think they'd do a command performance just for me on Tuesday evening?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »

As for Xanadu - Well, I liked it.  Was it deep and meaningful? No.  Was it worthy of a full-scale "Broadway" treatment? Well...  Is it filled with lots of self-referential cheap laughs? Yes.  Is it filled with a lot of other corny and 'easy' jokes? Yes.  So...

POSSIBLE SPOILER

I will say I was sort of "confused" by the look of the show.  I had trouble determining if the sort of "cheap" and "thrift store" look was meant to mock to the movie - and the 70s, or if it was more a result of the budget.  And even though the stage of the Helen Hayes is small, and there are seats on the stage, there just seemed to be a lot of empty space up there.  ???  And Howell Binkley's lighting seemed oddly lacking to me.  I've worked on two shows with Howell, and, again, I just had to wonder if they didn't have enough money for better lighting effects, or if it was purposely made to look that way.

-Oh, and there were sounds problems the night that DR FJL and I saw it too.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »

I just learned that the wonderful Anita Morris and Grover Dale have a son in the business, James Badge Dale.  Anita's best friend was Mrs Ron Raines, and she just informed me of this fact.

OK, off to the NYPL.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »

XANADU again...

And, yes, I liked the joke about children's theatre.  However, I don't think it was in reference to NAMBLA.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »

-Oh, and there were sound problems the night that DR FJL and I saw it too.

Perhaps the sound engineer needs to boost the levels to counter the snoring from the audience?   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »

DR Jose - alas, that's something we just may have to miss.  Our Saturday and Sunday in DC are pretty booked with my conference, as is the Wednesday evening before we head up to NYC.  If we were staying in DC the whole time we're away, we'd go that second weekend.  Do you think they'd do a command performance just for me on Tuesday evening?

Oh, that's right.  They're on their Wednesday-Sunday performance schedule.   Well... If the show gets great reviews, and the audience demand is there, Woolly will add Tuesday night shows.  Just keep your eye on the Washington Post.  I think the officially opening is this coming weekend.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »

While it is TRUE that I've been greatly enjoying the post-TV season programming lull, I do look at daily schedules to see if anything tempting might lure me away from my DVD watching.

Fortunately, I have to say I've not been so tempted.

In fact, after looking at this evening's schedule, I have to say that network television seems to be a crap heap of awfulness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up