Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE ELSE ON ALL THE INTERNET?  (Read 15723 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:WHERE ELSE ON ALL THE INTERNET?
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »

A woman has twins and gives them  up for adoption.  

One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal."  

The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan."  

Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother.  Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal.

Her husband responds, "They're twins!  If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

Must not groan....   :-\
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2005, 02:59:36 PM »

Back from a delightful lunch.  Picked up packages - got Deevorce, Eyetalian Style, Boccaccio 70, and My Name is Nobody DVDs, plus a region 2 of Johnny Guitar.  Good watchin' ahead.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2005, 03:31:22 PM »

I just watched last Sunday's episode of DEADWOOD, which is my favorite tv series these days.  The proposal scene between Mr Elsworth and Mrs Garrett was so wonderful!  I think Molly Parker is superb.

DRRodzinski, the Campbell Scott INVASION DVD arrived today, and it's waiting for your return from Montreal.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2005, 03:32:43 PM »

INVASION!!!!   LOL....cool fusion!

They say in St Rupert's land
They found our Lady of Fatima's Hat.......

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2005, 03:50:46 PM »

BK, did you get your Mambo Girl DVD yet?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2005, 03:57:54 PM »

Good Afternoon!  -Almost Evening...

I'm taking a break right now.  A well-deserved break.

I've made some great progress.  99% of my books, sheet music and scores are packed and boxed and labeled.  I was sort of caught by surprise that I have two and a half boxes worth of cookbooks.  I knew had a lot, but... -However, I have a feeling that's no where a certain DRs collection.  ;)

*Oh, at last count, 20 boxes of scores and music!  I had forgotten just how much classical stuff I have - solo piano, chamber music, vocal music(!!!).  And after scanning the titles, just how much of that "stuff" I had actually performed!  -And then the stuff I know I studied just to study...  Wow!  Just boggles this dust-infested mind right now.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2005, 04:00:42 PM »

After sorting through my bookshelves, I made a trip over to Black Swan Books around the corner to see which ones of my "questionables" they would like.  They didn't take everything, but I did make $32.00 in the process.  -Which is $32.00 I hadn't planned on making, so...  DINNER!

:)

It was also sort of "comforting" to realize that I had indeed read a lot of the books I was pulling off my shelves.  There are times when I feel I don't read as much as I should, but after packing my library up (again), I realized I have nothing to be ashamed of in regards to my reading habits.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »

Mambo Girl is still on backorder, I guess.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2005, 04:21:54 PM »

All that is left is to box up some of my "stray CDs", then wrap my CD towers with that moving-strength plastic wrap.  -I love that stuff!  I found out the last time I moved that that was the easiest way to do move them.  I just wrap the shelves - which supports the back of the units and prevents them from falling out the front - then I just put them on the dolly and into the truck and then into the storage unit.  Best of all, it allows me to access the CD without having to move any boxes out of the way.

NEAT

and

O!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »

..Oh....

I just walked in and out of the kitchen...

Can you say - "Small Electrics" and "Fine Cookware"?

*Actually, the biggest hassle will be disassembling the baker's rack.  -Which I will reassemble in the storage unit in order to use the shelves.  So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2005, 04:24:24 PM »

Well, time for me to get back to whatever I'm getting back to...

Actually, I need to take a dinner break, and since "Friends" is on at 7:30...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2005, 04:26:36 PM »

Well, I was hoping to hear if you liked Mambo Girl or not.

I ordered MADAM WHITE SNAKE, a snakey sort of ghost horror Chinese film from the early 1960s, and some Hong Kong comedies from the 50s.

That HKFlix is not only fast, but they have very reasonable postage rates!!

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2005, 04:27:28 PM »

DR Jose,
I have forgotten where you are moving to? Are you going to NY now? Or just to another apartment?

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »

I am going through the oodles of applications materials for Law School students who are applying to be law clerks for the judges in Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and Tax Court...the close date is Friday, and I expect to get 80 to 100 more application packets!

I have to comb through each packet of materials (resumes, cover letters, transcripts, writing samples, letters of recommendations, ect) to make sure all the required things are there before giving copies to the judges to peruse. I am just getting a little bleary eyed from looking at all of this stuff.

Thus, here I am resting my mind whilst looking at HHW.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2005, 04:44:34 PM »

I went to hkflix to check on the order only to be told that my e-mail address doesn't seem to be in their database.  Well, I've bought two all-region players, and that caseload of HK Musicals, all of which were ordered through that e-mail address (where all confirmations were sent, all of which I have saved).  So, as you can imagine, they've just received two rather nasty notes from me - one via the site, and one from the e-mail address I use.  We shall see how timely their response is.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2005, 04:49:24 PM »

Does anyone else here used an albuterol (or other brand) inhaler?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2005, 04:54:20 PM »

Time for to go home now (sort of a JRand channeling Tor Johnson reference)

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2005, 04:57:33 PM »

Does anyone else here used an albuterol (or other brand) inhaler?

Funny you should ask, DR Ron Pulliam, because just yesterday my doctor put me on Advair, the same inhaler he gave me when I was recovering from pneumonia several years ago.  I have been unable to get rid of the cough that came with the cold I had at Eastertime.  The Advair seems to help.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2005, 05:04:12 PM »

I just tried numerous Disney DVDs on my computer, from THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE to LILO & STITCH, and they came on without a problem.
I have a Mac if that makes any difference.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2005, 05:07:10 PM »

Just finished watching a bootleg DVD of LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE FABULOUS STAINS, the lost Lou Adler attempt at a punk-rock musical.
Well, it was one that probably deserved to be lost.
Diane Lane though, shows such charisma at age 16 or however old she was, she makes it watchable.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2005, 05:09:46 PM »

I have a Mac if that makes any difference.

DR Rodzinski, as a member of a loyal Mac household and a reluctant (at work) PC user, I think it makes ALL the difference!  I knew there was something I liked about you  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »

I just watched last Sunday's episode of DEADWOOD, which is my favorite tv series these days.  The proposal scene between Mr Elsworth and Mrs Garrett was so wonderful!  I think Molly Parker is superb.

DR elmore, I just put myself on the request list for the DVDs of Season 1 of Deadwood - I'm #85 for the 15 copies that we have on order here at the library.  Now that I've seen all of Sex and the City, I have to start on a new HBO series.

Danise

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2005, 05:18:30 PM »

Evening all!

What a storm we had last night!  Lots of lightning and thunder boomers.

Bear (the terror of Seffner) shook the entire time!  I have never seen a dog so afraid of a storm.

Good news!  We seem to have won the bus battle!  Yay!!   We got another “proposal” this morning.   Nothing is changed!   I can’t begin to tell you how much weight that takes off of my mind.  

I'm still going to the meeting.

In other exciting news, we had another bomb scare today.  The whole building was evacuated for about an hour and half.  I heard two different stories, one that a bomb threat was called in and the was that there was an unattended unknown box found on one of the floors near the elevators.  It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure.  

Thank you for all of the compliments on my new picture.  I’m not 100% sure what ginchier means but I thank you, DR Stuart.  

Humm, after reading all about the tomatoes from yesterday, I had to wonder if I would ever ketchup!  Get it?  

I’m also very sorry to say I missed the scoop on the poop—How is Dear Cat Bogie doing now, DR Jane?   ;) :D

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to both DR Jennifer and DR Joey!  I’m so sorry I missed your special days.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2005, 05:24:56 PM »

Another DEADWOOD fan here.  And since I didn't switch over to digital cable, I lost HBO, although I can now watch it in the scrambled form, so I am SORT of seeing DEADWOOD this season.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2005, 05:33:07 PM »

A woman has twins and gives them  up for adoption.  

One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal."  

The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan."  

Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother.  Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal.

Her husband responds, "They're twins!  If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

Her husband responds, "That's OK. My mother has a mustache."

One of my biggest problems is that my IAAAAWWOTD teacher doesn't seem to know what the word "quiz" means. Her idea of a quiz is a ten-part essay exam that you can't possibly finish in the hour and fifteen minutes that we have to take the thing. That wasn't very nice of her, was it? And she was supposed to give us the essay topic for the term paper today so that we would have two weeks to write it. All ten to twelve pages of it. But then today, she told us that she wasn't going to let us have it until Monday. What is that about? I don't much care for this teacher.

End of rant. But I have plenty more if you want to hear them.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »

I must have missed the post where dear reader Jennifer acknowledged all her lovely birthday wishes.  I only saw the post where she talked about the amazing race.  

Never mind - I found it buried amongst yesterday's early posts.  Senility is a frightening thing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:42:08 PM by bk »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »

In other news, the cops came and arrested some guy in the school library today and I missed it. I was up on the third floor in this cushy chair frantically reading this book for the quiz that ate Cincinnati and being subjected to the world's least talented rock band giving a concert of some kind outside that was so loud you could hear it all over the library.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2005, 05:53:35 PM »

Perhaps the Cyndi Lauper thing was but a ruse, as Broadway.com is suggesting Ms. Lupone is close to a done deal:

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=511073

I would have preferred Ms. Lauper
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2005, 06:00:45 PM »

*Oh, at last count, 20 boxes of scores and music!  I had forgotten just how much classical stuff I have - solo piano, chamber music, vocal music(!!!).  

LOL.  I thought you wrote that you had 20 boxes of scones.  I knew you liked food, Jose, but 20 boxes???
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2005, 06:05:51 PM »

DR Rodzinski, as a member of a loyal Mac household and a reluctant (at work) PC user, I think it makes ALL the difference!  I knew there was something I liked about you  ;)

Just, one, something?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up