Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN  (Read 33747 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2003, 02:44:07 PM »

How about these theaters in NYC and LA that are showing the first two LOTR films and then premiering RETURN OF THE KING afterward? This is like 9 hours of filmwatching, I'm assuming with lunch/dinner break in between.

As grand as I think the films have been (and there is no need to think the final installment won't be equally wonderful), I don't think I could do this.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2003, 02:49:14 PM »

Just wondered if it were possible for God's karma to increase. It is! I suppose God could really do it himself (I used the masculine there as it would have been most unseemly not to given the current elevation of St Ron to the status.) I was about to write goddom but is was close to sodom in sound and I didn't want  to upset the sensitive ones
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2003, 02:50:01 PM »

Oh I have something to aspire to!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2003, 02:53:25 PM »

Nine hours of LOTR would be a big ask. I know to some DRs one hour is too much. Sound systems and DVD were invented for LOTR. I am so looking forward to seeing the Nemo extras that "Midnight In the Garden..." may be put on hold. Sushi or Spacey? Ah, decisions!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 02:54:16 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2003, 02:54:46 PM »

What has happened to this site???

I guess it's gone to the Gods!!

Oh, my Dog!

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2003, 02:58:03 PM »

Cute François! I guess it now makes sense why we have no photo of DR Ron. Can François have ideas above his mortal status?
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2003, 02:59:43 PM »

Tom from Oz,

You mean Ron dude is a God AND a Saint?!?!

Too much competition for little me!

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2003, 03:00:26 PM »

Well, it's a happy and sad day for me here at HHW. Happy and thrilled for DR Ron to elevate into the top tier of forum-dom, but sad for me as a mere peon to know he's too far advanced now and won't look kindly to the little people trying to get close and friendly.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.  [sigh]     :-\
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 03:09:04 PM by Matt H. »

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2003, 03:09:25 PM »

DR estimeemed Ron: Is there someone on hand to dust all those cups and chalices?

Everybody ought to have a maid; and if Ron doesn't, I'm available.
Since i don't do windows, there shouldn't be a problem at Ron's Shrine in Petra.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

François

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2003, 03:10:50 PM »

Well... once up there there's nowhere else to go!

And Miss Vickie will bring back Ron down to earth when she wakes him up early in the morn'...

Even Gods can have pet cats, or is it the reverse?
Cats are not that discriminating!

td

• td
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2003, 03:13:33 PM »

I am so looking forward to seeing the Nemo extras that "Midnight In the Garden..." may be put on hold. Sushi or Spacey? Ah, decisions!

You can always do what I'm doing right now:  watch MIDNIGHT until Dorothy's scenes are over. . .

Albert Brooks & Ellen Degeneres vs Kevin Spacey + Jude Law + John Cusack + Dorothy Loudon.  
Tough decision.
I'm sure you'll choose. . .wisely.

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2003, 03:15:36 PM »

If pets are supposed to make our lives happier and longer, does that make a cat a tonic?
DR Matt. I had thoughts about writing some unseemly remark about worshipping on your knees and such adoration being acceptable and appreciated but I have decided not to do so.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2003, 03:18:40 PM »

Ron, that's quite a jump from Senior Member to God (and another star). It will take me a while to join you in the stratosphere (170 posts ain't gonna come easy right now) but I'll be there sometime in the new year I assume.

I need to eat some dinner. I'll come back later.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 03:20:27 PM by Ben »

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2003, 03:20:02 PM »

Compromise is good td. I shall indeed check out the Miss Loudon scenes and then once again enjoy the should be oscar performance of Ms Degeneres.
Anyone who does not "do windows"  is my kind of person. The last time all our windows were done properly (by Colin's stepmother) we had a bush fire here within days. We still maintain there is a connection.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2003, 03:21:01 PM »

Tom, your restraint is admirable and much appreciated. However, I had the same thoughts and banished them from my mind (and keyboard) immediately.

td

• td
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2003, 03:26:11 PM »

I'm thinking banished thoughts right now. . .

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2003, 03:26:39 PM »

"Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" is also, in part, the cinematographic record of our honeymoon.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Tomovoz

« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2003, 03:27:57 PM »

Another topic: The devilish Jack Nicholson. I watched (for the first time) "About Schmidt" last night. Great performance but what a strange movie - truthful I guess but I am still waiting for the jury to return its verdict. Did I want to share that sad life? A downbeat few nights as I watched "The Hours" the night before. Thanks Matt. We Oztralians are known for our restraint. Just check out Dame Edna and Sir Les Patterson (aka as Bruce the shark).
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2003, 03:32:58 PM »

MAtt: :The Shipping News [...]  Ponderous the film was not. True to the book and its characters it was.

How can a movie/book about Newfoundland be anything BUT ponderous.  It would just be weird to see the Island as happy and light and fluffy.

My favorite quote about Nfld from Wayne Johnston's The Colony of Unrequite Dreams:

"Newfoundland?  They should have called it Old Lost Land"
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2003, 03:33:10 PM »

And now we shall hopefully have a post from the too frequently truant Sandra. We need more "Tall tales and true" from your legendary present.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2003, 03:33:25 PM »

Yes, Dame Edna and Bruce - so shy and retiring. I'm surprised anyone even knows these two characters.

But now that we have gods here, I guess I am going to have to be much more watchful about stating opinions and bestowing karma. Who knows what kind of power accompanies this honor?

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2003, 03:34:42 PM »

DR Maya wrote:
Jennifer--I'm not sure if movie tickets work any differently in Canada, but I've always just bought tickets (similar to theatre tickets but smaller) and then they are torn in half.

I don' t know of any movie theatres here that give mini theatre tickets.  What we get is really almost a receipt. It's basically fax paper with the name of the movie and time on it. I doubt anyone would save it as it looks like crap!

DR BK wrote:
What, no one has a clue how to make a topic?  We could have a dress call, we could have a smiley contest...

OMG I think you were joking. But a smiley contest! Yeah. I want that!  

RonP: Ha ha ha. OMG I just saw what title you get at 500 posts (sorry I haven't gone through all today's posts yet, I"m sure others have mentioned it). Oh geez I had better get cracking. But will I be a goddess? Whoever thought of that was a genius!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 03:36:10 PM by Jennifer »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2003, 03:34:48 PM »

TCB:  She's talking about a dog named "Bear"....that's all.

Damn!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2003, 03:35:23 PM »

DR Emily. And the US of A critics (and here in OZ) seemed to have that idea. A beautiful film and IMHO the pacing was perfect.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2003, 03:40:08 PM »

DR Emily: I should make myself a little clearer - the critics seemed to equate ponderous with tedious. I was never bored in the film. I loved the laconic characters.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2003, 03:40:57 PM »

I have no criticism of the production of THE SHIPPING NEWS. It's beautifully made and well acted. It just didn't grab me, and I wanted it to. One of those times when a connection just wasn't made from a filmmaker to me. Probably my fault, not anyone on the production team.

I never read the book either despite its Pulitzer Prize.

Danise

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2003, 03:43:10 PM »

Just got back from walking the Gods err make that Dogs.  And I see we have a God on the board!   Congrats!  If/when I ever reach those lofty heights, I think I know what kind of shine will be built in my honor. *chuckle* I know I’ve worshiped at one many times.    ;)

Maybe I can post in peace now.  It’s hard to think when you’ve got a cold nose poking you in the arm.  One thing I can say for my animals, they know what they want.  Even the fish on my desk at work knows if he gives me the eye hard enough, a treat will soon be forthcoming.  Oy.  I guess I’m just an old softie.

Now where was I before I was interrupted?

I know I wanted to say as far as veggies go, I LOVE mushrooms, squash and (Gasp!) Brussel  Sprouts.   I never liked them as a kid but I guess you can chalk that up to changing tastes.   

There’s another topic.  Is there any food you eat now (and like/love) that you wouldn’t TOUCH as a kid?

I don’t know why I’m on a food kick today.  It wasn’t planned.  Let me try a different subject.

What are you favorite TV shows right now?  Mine are JAG, Joan of Arcadia, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and One Life To Live.  I try to like Star Trek: Enterprise but I just can’t get close to it.  

I'm looking forward to seeing the end of the trilogy.  IMHO the first two were very well done.  I'm just sorry they didn't do The Hobbit.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2003, 03:43:53 PM »

I'm here, I'm here. I was doing homework, believe it or not.   :o
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2003, 03:43:57 PM »

I am looking forward to the corruption that goes with power. Some of us DRs may well feel even more at home. Welcome back to the board TCB. We are having shepherd's pie tonight  -not peppered with actual shepherd but accompanied by Bear. Fish pie doess not seem appropriate if we are going to watch "Nemo". I am not really a fish fancier but I have been known to dine on "John Dory".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2003, 03:44:08 PM »

Tom-Don't-Do-Windows!

Same thing happened the other day at the White House!

All windows were cleaned and then they had a Bush fire...

The strange thing is that the fire was in Ca., among other places!

Oh, just remebered reading yesterday that some people here in France are planning a stage musical version of Bagdad Café -- French spelling -- for next year....

Intéressant n'est-ce pas?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up