Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT I MISS  (Read 18335 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHAT I MISS
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »

Tomorrow will be very warm again.  I should be happy it will be warm except the sun & heat on my arms really hurt today. :(

It has cooled off now & I'm feeling better.  If only I didn't have 2 loads left to dry.  Every  time I stick my arms in the dryer I can feel the heat on the.  I used some ice earlier & that helped ease the discomfort & reduce the swelling.

Whine over  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »

DR MattH, i watch the Young & The Restless. No gay characters yet. Although there are a lot of gay actors on the show, with Cybil Shepherd's daughter (who is gay in real life) just joining. Some people have been speculating that maybe her character could turn up gay. Although i doubt it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »

'night

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »

LOST IN AUSTEN evidently has a very rabid fanbase and they are not happy about the changes made in this DVD version I reviewed a few weeks ago.  Oy.  Like somehow it's my fault.

I have the Region-2 DvD; how could they redo what was already set for the Region-1?

They replaced the P&P Theme that's Amanda's ringtone with a generic one, and they also removed the "Downtown" gag.

I sure missed the cell phone ring but the "Downtown" moment is priceless!

The Blu-Ray edition of the wonderful Colin Firth version, which is the real raison d'etre for LOST IN AUSTEN, is coming out very soon.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:34:33 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

It is expected to be 100 degrees tomorrow for the first time this year.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »

LOST IN AUSTEN evidently has a very rabid fanbase and they are not happy about the changes made in this DVD version I reviewed a few weeks ago.  Oy.  Like somehow it's my fault.

I have the Region-2 DvD; how could they redo what was already set for the Region-1?

They replaced the P&P Theme that's Amanda's ringtone with a generic one, and they also removed the "Downtown" gag.

I sure missed the cell phone ring but the "Downtown" moment is priceless!

The Blu-Ray edition of the wonderful Colin Firth version, which is the real raison d'etre for LOST IN AUSTEN, is coming out very soon.

I think the BD is out, Larry--I reviewed it a good two months ago.

Just to clarify, does your R2 release actually have Amanda singing "Downtown"?  In the R1 version it just cuts right to Bingley's priceless reaction, which, to me anyway, worked just as well.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:56 PM »

DR Matt H, thank you for the review.  Unfortunately, for me, Keith still wants to watch The Uninvited.  It could be worse, at least it isn't a remake of the Ray Milland film.

It's not a dreadful movie, just a thoroughly mediocre one.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2009, 08:24:50 PM »

Great news DR Jose about danielle. Does that mean the baby is doing well as well?

Yes, the baby is doing well.  That was another thing about her injuries - the baby was always fine. Of course, if her condition had worsened, then the baby's health would have been in jeopardy, but, apparently, the baby was not hurt at all during the accident.  I also saw some pics of her car today too.  The side of the car that got swiped by the hit-and-run driver looks like it's about to fall off, while the other side was unscathed.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »

Simply LOVED the racoon picture!

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »

What a full evening of viewing I've had. I had hoped I'd have time for another NCIS episode from the DVD, but no such luck. I was too busy watching stuff on the DVR so I could clear it off. I got it down to 38% full before tonight's recordings started kicking in.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »

I began by watching/skimming AS THE WORLD TURNS. It was, as Larry explained earlier, such a stupid episode. These people have to be BRAIN DEAD before they realize something is off. Of course, we knew it was off the SECOND the Z-twins (lovers) popped onto the scene. Everyone admitted they were weird, but they continued to allow them to hang out with them. And now no one has noticed that Zach hasn't been seen in days?

I ought to drop this show and just read the recaps on-line. Sure would save me time and my poor DVR from the daily recording/erasing.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »

Next, I watched last night's THE TUDORS. Good episode as usual. Nice to see Holbein portrayed. They've talked about him before, but I don't remember seeing him until this particular episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

After that came LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. Cathy Baker had a very good guest star role as the controlling mother of a politician who's a pedophile.

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »

Then I watched tonight's BONES episode. This one was decidedly a comedy episode with the mystery almost secondary. Still, I did laugh quite a bit.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »

'24' had its usual riveting hour of thrills and spills. I wish I hadn't seen the previews for next week, though. Gave away some major events. I should have turned it off as soon as the clock ran out on the hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »

And MEDIUM had a really good, really different hour tonight, but it's AWFUL to have to wait a week to see the resolution!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »

Well.. Paul Potts and Susan Boyle have proven that "Britain's Got Talent".  And, now, well, I guess "Sweden's Got Talent" too.  Or least somewhat lenient censors and strategically placed pieces of crispbread. ;D  ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:47:27 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

Good news all around on HHW tonight!

Good to see DR Vixmom recooperatin'...

Good new about DR Jose's roomie's sister-in-law...

Good to see that DR DakotaCelt is posting again...

Good to know that DR TCB will be able to make home movies...

Yes, it's all good, good, good...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »

I'm heading downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »

Hey, all you "Doctor Who" Fans...Doctor Who Voted Top TV Sci-fi Theme

British TV show Doctor Who has topped a new poll to find the best sci-fi TV theme tune.

The cult programme's famous theme beat out the signature tunes of The X-Files and Star Trek in an online survey conducted by Totalscifionline.com.

The opening music for British comedy Red Dwarf was voted second, while the The X-Files theme came third.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Star Trek's title music came in fourth and fifth.

;D

I agree with that assessment...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2009, 09:01:51 PM »

Well.. Paul Potts and Susan Boyle have proven that "Britain's Got Talent".  And, now, well, I guess "Sweden's Got Talent" too.  Or least somewhat lenient censors and strategically placed pieces of crispbread. ;D  ::)

Thank you, DR Jose--that was incredibly beautiful!  My soul was touched and I cried.  When the four young naked lads with crispbreads danced, it was as if all was right again in the world.  I cheered and then I gave them a standing ovation.  The four young naked lads with crispbread are living proof that one must never give up on one's dreams.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2009, 09:02:53 PM »

Thank you, DR Jose--that was incredibly beautiful!  My soul was touched and I cried.  When the four young naked lads with crispbreads danced, it was as if all was right again in the world.  I cheered and then I gave them a standing ovation.  The four young naked lads with crispbread are living proof that one must never give up on one's dreams.

...Or modesty.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2009, 09:03:10 PM »

I was gob-smacked

Michael

« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

Glad for the great news from DR Druxy and from DR JoseSPiano for the family of his roommate Jim.

All we need to hear is good news from you now :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

After that came LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. Cathy Baker had a very good guest star role as the controlling mother of a politician who's a pedophile.

Sort of sounds like the role Angela Lansbury did  on Law and Order: SVU & Trial By Jury but her son was a rapist played by Alfred Molina. Ms Lansbury received her 18th Emmy Nod for this role
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »

Hmm... I'm already sleepy.  -Which is a good thing since I have to gear for a 7:30AM(!?!?!?!?) presentation for the Rotary Club on Wednesday.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:06 PM »

I was gob-smacked

I can well imagine that.  I was pretty gob-smacked, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2009, 10:36:32 PM »

This is probably NOT news to a bunch of you, but:

DR Ron Pulliam - You may - or may not - want to edit out the Facebook Redirect/Frame from that link.

I did so, thanks.  But since you quoted me and carried it into your post, it's still there in your post.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:38:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »

Back from Kiss Of The Spiderwoman and shall now write some short notes, I suppose.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »

Just wanted to say goodnight.

Too hot today, wanted to do nothing but take a nap after work. 
Changed all the light bulbs to 40W energy efficient, trying not to run the air conditioner.
At least there always is the ice cold pool.  Might just have to put on a bathing suit this summer.  ha ha.

To a good Tuesday.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up