Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?  (Read 13721 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

That's not just yellow, it is YELLOW!!!

I had to take a photo to Home Depot. I don't think they believed it when I described it. i am ready for a more normal color.  The samples you posted are the right ones, but the photos  don't quite do it justice

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »

DR MATTH I am using an HDMI cable to the TV, but the R/W cables to my RCA surround system....so it sounds like I am probably doing the best I can at the moment, without a new surround system.

If you have an open optical connection on your receiver and it isn't in use, I'd use it. Does your Blu-ray player have a coaxial out jack as well as an optical out jack or just optical?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

After it's installed I get some samples for the back splash.  It's just impossible to get an idea of what anything will look like with all that yellow

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »

I'm supposed to get a call from the fabricators/installers in the next two days.  They will come and make a template and then it's supposed to take 3 weeks to get to the install.  The installation of everything is supposed to only take one day.  I hope they are right.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »

Rehearsal was very nice tonight.....we did "Aldonza" with the muleteers and "I'm Only Thinking of Him" with the priest, the niece, the housekeeper, and Dr Carrasco.....

I played Dr. Carasco when I did MAN OF LA MANCHA, and that number is really that character's only musical moment in the spotlight. Of course, I really wanted (and was right for) the Innkeeper, but the idiot director cast a TENOR in the role, and he struggled mightily with his big song.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

I was also able to watch one bonus featurette on disc two - a 13 minute behind the scenes look at the production of episode 10 directed by the show's creator Matt Nix.

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

Our heat index was in the triple digits today.  It was very hot and muggy

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

Even though I do miss the "original" Bravo TV, I have to say that I was quite entertained for two hours tonight.  Well, more like entertained and disgusted.  Part one of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Reunion" was quite entertaining, and their new prep school show was quite disgusting.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »

Rehearsal was very nice tonight.....we did "Aldonza" with the muleteers and "I'm Only Thinking of Him" with the priest, the niece, the housekeeper, and Dr Carrasco.....

I played Dr. Carasco when I did MAN OF LA MANCHA, and that number is really that character's only musical moment in the spotlight. Of course, I really wanted (and was right for) the Innkeeper, but the idiot director cast a TENOR in the role, and he struggled mightily with his big song.

Well that's one mistake I didn't make....LOL

Yes there is a coaxial output on the player and I think in input on my Surround Amp....would that be better?  I would have to get that cable.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »

Life threatening Heat Index numbers predicted for my area tomorrow....well I mean....the area in which I live.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »

Well that's one mistake I didn't make....LOL

Yes there is a coaxial output on the player and I think in input on my Surround Amp....would that be better?  I would have to get that cable.

Coaxial and optical send the same signal, just in different ways. I've never been able to tell any difference at all in the sound or one or another. No need for a special cable. Just use the red ends from your W/R RCA cable (let the white dangle off to the side), and they will work just fine. If you don't want them to dangle, unattach them.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2009, 08:48:52 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs now and go to bed. I stayed up way too late last night (which is why I overslept this morning), and maybe I'll rest more soundly if I cut out the light earlier.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »

The consolation is that having the idea date-stamped on this site in August 2005 means I have proof that i didn't steal THEIR idea.  Their site says they didn't come up with their idea until 2007.

From their site bedbugsmusical.com  (The "Fred" in this description is not me, of course :) )

"The Birth of Bedbugs!!!
We met in March 2007 (thanks to Castrato DiMatteo for introducing us) and wanted to write a small, fun show to find out how well we would work together. Paul had previously written the music for “Twist” (for which he received a Drama Desk nomination) and Fred had recently received his MFA from the NYU Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program where he studied book and lyric writing.

After bonding over our mutual love of rock music, camp films and a natural tendency toward dark humor, Fred suggested a silly idea about scabies (inspired by a horrible incident in Baltimore) and Paul suggested bedbugs, as New York City was (and is still) dealing with their comeback invasion. For those who are not aware, bedbugs were eradicated from most of the world with the use of DDT after WWII, but suddenly—as of the early 2000’s—are back with a vengeance. This is true! Thus we developed a plot around a female exterminator who, in an effort to annihilate them, accidentally makes the problem much, much worse…

We wrote the first draft in six months and in November ‘07 had a reading of what had now become a full-length show (thanks for the awesome feedback everyone, especially Josh Wellman!) After a phase of rewrites we submitted and in April ‘08 were accepted into the New York Musical Theatre Festival. With a team of highly talented and devoted people, we took the 2008 NYMF by storm, selling out the run, adding performances, getting fantastic reviews and some awards. Since then we have continued development of this crazy little show and can’t wait to see it’s next incarnation later in 2009!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »

Thanks DR MATTH I will try that.....so it will give me better sound than using the R/W in their regular spots?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »

Bugs!
I don't know what's wrong with these bugs today.
Bugs!
They come back even though we spray and spray.

Why won't it work like Raid did?
What's wrong with DDT?
Why won't it kill these bugs
On meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »

Time for a DVD.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2009, 09:13:30 PM »

Well... It appears that a "tweet" of mine will be appearing in a book that's coming out this fall.  Cool!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

And speaking of Twitter...

Here's a FedEx commercial I was reminded about today.  -I think it should still be funny even if you didn't see the movie "Castaway".
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2009, 09:15:45 PM »

Life threatening Heat Index numbers predicted for my area tomorrow....well I mean....the area in which I live.

They mean it we had it today and will have more tomorrow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »

And speaking of Twitter...

Here's a FedEx commercial I was reminded about today.  -I think it should still be funny even if you didn't see the movie "Castaway".

LOL Good commercial!

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »

Well... It appears that a "tweet" of mine will be appearing in a book that's coming out this fall.  Cool!  :)

What were you tweeting about?

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »

Bugs!
I don't know what's wrong with these bugs today.
Bugs!
They come back even though we spray and spray.

Why won't it work like Raid did?
What's wrong with DDT?
Why won't it kill these bugs
On meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

:D

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

We're expecting late night thunderstorms tonight, heat and thunderstorms tomorrow folled by thunderstorms at the end of the week

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »

Night

FJL

« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »

Jrand - I remember that number from Atlas Bugged

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »

Charles Pogue, the technology editor for the NY Times - as opposed to DR Charles Pogue - has been asking a "Question of the Day" each day for the past couple of weeks.  He's been compiling the answers for inclusion in his upcoming book, "The World According To Twitter".  One of my answers to one his questions made the final cut.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

Jose - do you mean David Pogue?

FJL

« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »

If so, it may be the very same David Pogue who was music director and pianist for the wonderful FLORA THE RED MENACE revival in the late 1980's.

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »

Charles Pogue, the technology editor for the NY Times - as opposed to DR Charles Pogue - has been asking a "Question of the Day" each day for the past couple of weeks.  He's been compiling the answers for inclusion in his upcoming book, "The World According To Twitter".  One of my answers to one his questions made the final cut.

That's very cool, Dr Jose!

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

Oh, wait, I supposedly already signed off for the night.  Guess I'll do that now
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up