Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?  (Read 14006 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »

NEW YORK is one of those rare Bollywood movies that has no musical numbers.

It does, however, had a completely nekkid John Abraham in custody.

If that's the case, I'm surprised you're not crawling over broken glass to see it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »

I've got a request from the McGlinn family for email addresses for Teresa Stratas, Frederica von Stade, Roberta Peters, and David Garrison. None of them are in my address book, so I'm working on it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »

The one thing I've learned as a writer...good ideas are at a premium, so keep them to yourself, lest someone steal them.  Therefore, I will not be offering any ideas for converting anything into a musical.

Oh I agree.  A few years ago, when this question was posed, I was fool enough to mention Edna Ferber's GIANT.   And what just played at the Signature?  So, naturally, I do blame Jose.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2009, 03:46:18 PM »

GIRLS: (con't)

Annie
Annie
Annie
You know we cheer for you
Annie
Annie
Annie
You know we're here for you.

Who cares if you can't see.
Be what you want to be.
By boat or train or car.
On land or on Wah Wah....

Annie
Annie
Annie
Though you live in a fog
Annie - you're our favorite
Seeing Eye Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(tap dance)

With canes?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »

Almost finished with my work for the day.  Cops and Robbers is going live in the morning so I have to prepare my Kritzerland eBlast. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »

I see that the new John Abraham Bollywood movie NEW YORK is opening this weekend!

It is playing in Cornelius, Oregon which is a bit of a drive from Salem...but, I might go.

I have heard it is a very good, serious film. It is about 3 Indian/American college students in NY on 9/11, one of whom is mistakenly accused of being terrorist.

Here is the trailer (this is the movie filmed on location in Manhatten last year, DR Jose). It starts out all happy, but then turns rather grim. It looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmWzU7m1eQ&feature=related

These damn actors today!  I could hardly understand a word any of them said in that trailer............

Still, I might go see it for the nude prison scene!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »

Good Evening!

Believe it or not, but I don't think it's rained here in NYC for the past 12 hours.  Of course, the skies are clouding up now, and the breeze is picking up, and it's looking a little ominous in some parts of the sky, so...  Blame me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

DR MBarnum - I take it you've already tracked down the screen caps of the "nekkid" Mr. Abraham?

*If so, you have my mail address, don't you? ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »

I ended up making another trip down to Academy Records a few hours ago, and it turned out to be quite a bit more profitable than I expected.  Twice as much as I expected. :)

I've done quite a bit of whittling down, but I think I'll make one or two more passes of my collection to see what I can and can't part with.

*A good chunk of today's profit came from a bunch of DVDs that I "found" last night.  I decided to check through some boxes o' stuff that are stored under my bed.  I opened one box that probably hasn't been opened in about two - possibly three - years, and there were a bunch of DVDs in there that were still "brand new" - wrapped and with their price tags on them.  I didn't even think twice about putting them in the "sell" pile.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »

Oh boy!  Oh boy!  BOY AND THE PIRATES shipped today!!!!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »

*And once I'm done "editing" my collection, then I can think about what new releases - and old releases - I would like to buy.  I don't think I've made any major CD or DVD purchases over the past three or four months.

But it sure is nice knowing that I've listened to most of what's remaining on my shelves, and that I've been able to clear out a slew of "one listens" and "no listens".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »

Oh boy!  Oh boy!  BOY AND THE PIRATES shipped today!!!!

The mind boggles, I tell you.  Simply boggles.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »

GIRLS: (con't)

Annie
Annie
Annie
You know we cheer for you
Annie
Annie
Annie
You know we're here for you.

Who cares if you can't see.
Be what you want to be.
By boat or train or car.
On land or on Wah Wah....

Annie
Annie
Annie
Though you live in a fog
Annie - you're our favorite
Seeing Eye Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(tap dance)

With canes?

And/or would the dog have taps on his paws?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »

bk - That's what I figured.

*Now why don't you encourage your next cast to become a DR here on HHW?  -At least this way, they'll know that you "talk about them", and that might end up working in your favor.... Since no one likes to be talked about. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »

So here's today's logic-defying idiocy on AS THE WORLD TURNS:
  1.  The homophobic psychodad, who tried to kill his son's boyfriend and who should be in prison, is back in the military under the name "Hasbro" (as in toys) not too far from the town where the soap takes place and, by some chance, is the liaison in his son's attempt to make a film about him. Oy!
  2. Riley, who apparently isn't Riley but is apparently homeless, although for a soldier I suppose he could always go back to the base, is being blackmailed by psychodad to do his dirty work
  3. Isn't someone in the miltary remotely aware of all this fraud/false identity? Where are the proper dog tags?

DR fjl, please ask your writer friend to assure you this idiocy is not theirs!

I recorded it but was too busy with my work project to watch it, and now I don't think I will. It's just too stupid to go along with.

I also recorded today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS since the Adam story looks to be getting interesting now. I may switch to that instead and let AS THE WORLD TURNS go by the boards for a while.

And from what I understand, due to various contract negotiations and disputes, it looks like some new actors will be taking over some of the roles involved in that scheme just as it starts to come to a head.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

I've got a request from the McGlinn family for email addresses for Teresa Stratas, Frederica von Stade, Roberta Peters, and David Garrison. None of them are in my address book, so I'm working on it.

DR elmore - I may be able to help you with some of those. I'll be sure to get in touch with you if I can track that info down.
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »

LARRY-

WELLNESS MARIMBAS TO YOU!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2009, 04:39:58 PM »

bk - That's what I figured.

*Now why don't you encourage your next cast to become a DR here on HHW?  -At least this way, they'll know that you "talk about them", and that might end up working in your favor.... Since no one likes to be talked about. ;)

I always invite people to come to the site.  I know some have become lurkers and regulars who lurk, so that's fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »

I think I'm done for the day.  I've written and prepared the eBlast, which I'll send out first thing in the morning.  I'm waiting to hear back from all my dealers, which will tell me exactly where I am.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »

Listening to the first of the Johnny Mathis two-fers - two Nelson Riddle-arranged albums - I'm on the second one - great, great stuff.  And how special was Johnny Mathis?  What a treasure.

Laura

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »

Of course, it did not rain here. It doesn't rain here in June.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »

My eyes are bleary.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »

Bleary are your eyes - I hope from reading and proofing and vice versa.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

I guess I'll sit on my couch like so much fish and eat some Mike and Ike's fruit things and perhaps watch Harry Potter III.

FJL

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

MIKE AND IKE'S FRUIT THINGS - that's the title of, er, something

Or should be the title of soemthing

Laura

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

Absolutely.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

FJL

« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »

Speaking of musicals and ideas for them, on Aigust 8, 2005, I wrote on this here site:

Re:EARS OF CORN
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 05:26:35 AM »   
"Books we're writing or would like to write?  Do books of musicals count?  If so, and I can say this because I've already shown the work in progress to so many people, I'm writing a horror-spoof musical with the tentative title DON'T LET THE DEAD BUGS BITE, about a slew of mysterious deaths of exterminators in a big city which are being traced to people who seem to be reincarnations of bugs that have been juiced.  As a musical, it's meant to be campy fun, but I'm getting feedback that it's more suited to a real horror film with traces of humor." 

I began describing this piece to someone recently, and was told that the plot was extremely similar to the plot of the musical BEDBUGS which played at NYMF in 2008.

Laura

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »

Never trust anyone, FJL.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:43 PM »

Did anyone watch Merlin?  The writers have their own script of events, including Ben Franklin eye glasses during the time of Camelot. 

I'll sue!  I swear I'll sue!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

Speaking of musicals and ideas for them, on Aigust 8, 2005, I wrote on this here site:

Re:EARS OF CORN
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 05:26:35 AM »   
"Books we're writing or would like to write?  Do books of musicals count?  If so, and I can say this because I've already shown the work in progress to so many people, I'm writing a horror-spoof musical with the tentative title DON'T LET THE DEAD BUGS BITE, about a slew of mysterious deaths of exterminators in a big city which are being traced to people who seem to be reincarnations of bugs that have been juiced.  As a musical, it's meant to be campy fun, but I'm getting feedback that it's more suited to a real horror film with traces of humor." 

I began describing this piece to someone recently, and was told that the plot was extremely similar to the plot of the musical BEDBUGS which played at NYMF in 2008.

Those bastards!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up