Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI  (Read 30180 times)

Emily

Re:FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2003, 04:58:32 PM »

BTW THIS IS FOR DR MARK: I REALLY HOPE THAT FEMALES HITTING 500 POSTS WILL BE GODDESSES.

Do not underestimate the power of a goddess scorned :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2003, 05:13:47 PM »

I do not drink milk of any kind!

I like DRJason's poster idea, too.  Very clever.  The only similar thing I ever did was a poster for a show done in the style of a tabloid cover like the Enquirer or Star magazine.....but you could do Life or People!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2003, 05:14:12 PM »

And now, "Auntie Mame" and some dinner. :D

Jason

« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2003, 05:16:25 PM »

Another poster I did...(probably a violation of copyright law, but I didn't realize that then...)

I used the logo from the new YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN (Chuck and Snoopy in silouhette) and, using the PEANUTS font, I wrote something like, "Good Grief! Not ANOTHER recital..."

People liked that one, too. And then, to close out my recital, I did the Lippa arrangement of "Happiness" with ten of my good friends as the chorus. They each walked off the stage, one by one, and my best friend (the last to walk off) stopped halfway offstage, turned around, and with huge tears in her eyes said the "You're a good man, Charlie Brown" line and we both lost it, and so did my accompanist and page turner and nearly everyone in the audience. Recitals are VERY emotional--a huge sense of relief--but considering I did my recital only three hours after our graduation ceremony, I was on an emotional overload. My parents also made me take them to the OKC Bombing Memorial/Museum that morning. Talk about lumps in throats! Geez...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 05:19:41 PM by Jason »

Andrea

« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2003, 05:19:40 PM »

Milk is icky...

Pasta is good ( Sometimes I randomly add soya sauces to my pasta instead of normal sauce... I like it, whether anyone else likes it, is debatable..

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 05:20:05 PM by Andrea »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2003, 05:20:35 PM »

Milk: Well, I know you've ALL read your Benjamin Kritzer, so you know exactly how I feel about MILK.

This is a fine number of posts so far and it's only the SHANK of the evening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2003, 05:21:37 PM »

And dear reader Sandra, I strongly suggest you get your fencing cheeks in here and post your other two words.

And dear reader Laura, you better get your cheeks in here and post one of them Miller High Life recipes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2003, 05:34:57 PM »

Oh, I see, this must be the time when we have a ten-minute lull despite having tons of people perusing the board.  Fine.  Break's over.  Almost time for me to get gone to my home environment.  Not sure if I'll be up for a DVD tonight or not - we shall see.  See we shall.  Shall we see.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2003, 05:47:28 PM »

Trust me, DR MBarnum, you are far more likely to get what you want if you put that adorable picture of yourself back up with your profile.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2003, 05:57:44 PM »

Hey everyone!  Out of Sociology class...I'm glad I'm not the only one here who doesn't like milk. I like it with cereal I guess...and I love Yoo-Hoo...even though that technically is not chocolate milk.

Jay--Good vibes!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason--You have Wicked on DVD???  That is one hell of a belated birthday present to treat yourself to!  Sooo jealous!!!  :o

Emily

« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2003, 05:59:58 PM »

I think Jason must mosey on over to a dvd burner quickly before Maya and I feel the need to mug him for WICKED :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2003, 06:01:07 PM »

In the last two hours I have written 175 words of paper.

This is not a good rate! :(

Danise

« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2003, 06:08:42 PM »

Good evening all!

I had to laugh at all the pasta/simple recipe post.  I think I have you all beat and I didn’t even plan it!  Tonight’s entree was:   Chef Boyardee Beef (is there any other kind) Ravioli In Tomato & Meat Sauce.  Yum, yum.

Well not really but it’s wash night–what do ya want?  A 5 course meal?  :)

Jay said:

Regarding shopping on Black Friday--Several years ago, my brother was to be married in early January and my mother needed a dress for the occasion. My mother does not drive, and the only way for her to get to the stores was if I chauffeured. The only date that worked on our schedules to go shopping for said dress was the day after Thanksgiving. The first dress we saw at the first store we stopped at was quite lovely, I thought, but, of course, we had to see what else was available. So after schlepping from here to there and from there to here with all the other holiday shoppers, what dress did my beloved mother select? You got it! The first one we saw. To this day I remind dear mum that I have yet to forgive her for that ordeal.

And your point?  Did you really expect her to take the first dress that came to hand?

I'm teasing you but you should have been around me when I thought I was going to go to NYC last year.  I can't even begin to tell you how I hunted the right dresses, shoes, handbags, jewerly, coat, suitcase, etc, etc.  It was my passion for weeks and then to have it all go down the tubes.  I felt like an aborted shuttle launch and I never DID get the right shoes.   Sigh.  Such is life.

I remember Perry Mason and most of the detective shows because my Mom always watched them.  I was/am  more into Sci Fi/Fantasy .  I’m afraid that The Night Stalker was the closest to a detective show that I remember enjoying.

Perry Mason was to easy–whoever he defended was innocent–I know he lost one case but it would have been a little more real if he had lost at least a few more.  That would have kept you guessing.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] [size=8]to all having one soon! [/size] [/move]

Ok, with that I think I have achieved my crown and glory for the night.  

Have a good one.

D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 06:38:28 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2003, 06:12:16 PM »

I would advise Jason not to announce in a public forum that he has a bootleg DVD.   You never know where law enforcement agents may be lurking and lots of us creative types get testy about losing out on our royalties due to bootlegs.  I won't be squealing on you, but really, this is not wise thing to brag too loudly about.

Emily

« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2003, 06:18:26 PM »

Jason actually that is really great advice.

I once posted about my copy of The Inaudible Jason Robert Brown (which has never been for sale commercially) on this here site.

If you type that into GOOGLE the only link you will get is to my statement of this July saying "Yea I have this cd" and my e-mail address.

I get about one request to buy the cd from complete strangers about once a month.  Of course, I do not sell it and only make copies for people I know, but the hassle is there.

I am so afraid that JRB will Google himself and sue me or something.  Oy. Oy. Oy. (in the words of Sandra)

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2003, 06:21:55 PM »

For my homework tonight, I need to right a Shakespearian sonnet about someone I love or admire. It's not hard to write the actual sonnet, but it IS hard to figure out a person to write about.

I'm thinking I want to do someone I admire, so that at the beginning it can be how much I languish watching them be admirable, then after the turn, I can talk about how they enrich me. OR, I could write about someone I love and make it incredibly romantic and beautiful, overflowing with flowering language and poetry.

Sappy? Yes. Cheesy? Yes. Guaranteed to get me an A? Hell yes. She loves this stuff.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2003, 06:26:03 PM »

Emily--JRB should consider himself very lucky he has such devoted fans!  The rest of the 3-names should be so lucky!

Swishy--When you are done with it, you MUST post!!!!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2003, 06:26:34 PM »

Oh...and thank you Karma Fairy!!

Danise

« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2003, 06:36:12 PM »

Yes, thank you Karma Fairy.  And in answer to a question a few days ago about Karma.  I always try give Karma to anyone who has less then me.  I don't worry about it for myself (and I'm not asking for more--honest) but I hate for anyone to feel left out.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2003, 06:46:17 PM »

Dear Reader MBarnum--I agree with Dear Reader TCB.  The portrait that previously appeared on your posts is adorable.  We want it back.  Now!

Dear Reader Maya--Thank you for the vibes!

Dear Reader Danise--Trust me.  If I were shopping for a special occasion dress, I would never buy the first thing I saw, either.  (That is, until after I've visited a gazillion other stores and tried on a megagazillion of other dresses.)  Of course, I would never say that to my mother.  But as for your escapade, did you do it on the day after Thanksgiving?  Well?  Did you?

Dear Reader Sandra--The two words that properly follow oy and vey are iss and mir.

And speaking of recitals, I'm off to one now.  American mezzo-soprano Denyce Graves at the new Walt Disney Concert Hall.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2003, 06:46:47 PM »

the Mahdi is driving me mad!

(do you realise how funny that joke is after several hours of paper writing and procrastination?)

Maya - JRB has the best stalker ever in me!  He should be proud! :)

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2003, 06:50:39 PM »

Emily--LOL!  JRB is already proud of a lot of things, but his genius-chest should puff up with even more pride to find out that you are his fan!  Imagine...the Headmistress of the School of Tarts herself!!  :P  

Jay--you are most welcome!  Have fun!

I'm off to a sleepover!  Byeee!

Emily

« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2003, 06:54:17 PM »

better the headmistress of tarts than the associate dean of the academy for skanks ;)

td

• td
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2003, 07:01:23 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TONY'S NEPTUNE SALAD[/move]12 ounces tricolor rotini pasta

2 cups fresh broccoli florets -- (about 1/2 pound)

3 cups cooked crab meat or shrimp -- (about 1 1/4 pounds)

1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips

4 scallions -- thinly sliced

***Dressing***

1/2 cup mayonnaise -- plus

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing

1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano -- or

1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano

"For variety, substitute fresh asparagus pieces for the broccoli."  

1. Cook the pasta until barely al dente according to package directions. Add the broccoli, and cook for another 30 seconds, or just until the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Place the pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add the crab meat or shrimp, pepper, and scallions, and toss to mix.

2. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the pasta, and toss to mix. Cover the salad and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Andrea

« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2003, 07:06:43 PM »

For my homework tonight, I need to right a Shakespearian sonnet about someone I love or admire. It's not hard to write the actual sonnet, but it IS hard to figure out a person to write about.

Can you mimic the shakespearian one that has him going on and on about how unattractive the woman is and then still professing his love?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 07:07:59 PM by Andrea »

Sigerson Holmes

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2003, 07:11:04 PM »

Hey, did I miss it?  What was the "big news coming about one of our favorite people" from Page 1?

(Psst!  George, watch the mailbox!)
It's not who you know.  It's whom you know.

Danise

« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2003, 07:15:24 PM »

Just made one last swing through before hitting the hay.  Not that the hay did anything to me to have me want to hit it.  Why does one say "I'm hitting the hay?"  

Anywho,

Jay said:

Dear Reader Danise--Trust me.  If I were shopping for a special occasion dress, I would never buy the first thing I saw, either.  (That is, until after I've visited a gazillion other stores and tried on a megagazillion of other dresses.)  Of course, I would never say that to my mother.  But as for your escapade, did you do it on the day after Thanksgiving?  Well?  Did you?

Every year that I can remember I'm at the stores at the crack of dawn on the day after Turkey day AND the day AFTER Christmas so take that! Ha!  :)

In the case of the aborted shuttle disaster,  it was that Friday and the next weekend and every weekend after that all the way to the day before it was announced DOTV  was closing.  

In fact, I had just bought my wool coat (that I was sure I was going to need) the day before the closing was announced.  Non-fundable.  I now have a coat I might wear once a year here in Florida.

Shopping is not for the weak or faint of heart.  One must have the following:

1) Stamina

2) Courage under fire. To grab that whatever on the sales table before the woman beside you does and maintain custody of said item.

3) Good walking shoes

4) Strength to carry all those shopping bags.

5) Memory.  One must always remember what one has in ones closet and/or other shopping bags because your next purchase should match at least one item.  You must also be able to remember EXACTLY which shop you saw that what ever it is you walked away from and now have decided is a MUST have.

6) Oh and money.  That does tend to help somewhat.  Rich husband/boyfriend is, of course,  optional.

I've got to hit some hay!  Good night!

:) :) :)

D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2003, 07:21:06 PM »

For our newest GOD:

And, notice how the ADAM 12 discussion can now become ADAM 1.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Emily

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2003, 07:27:30 PM »

Andrea and CYGOPP at the Saint Andrew's Day Ball once I worked my photoshop magic

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2003, 07:37:38 PM »

Wow. I want a CYGOPP.

I finished my sonnet. I got sort of bored halfway through, so it's kind of...crap. If you like it, fabulous! If you hate it, I understand. If you have comments or criticisms or ideas, PLEASE, shout 'em out, I NEED them.

I gaze up, toward the sky, to seek your face
My heart beating as though time is to end
The dazzling memory of love’s first trace
Is in my soul; upon it, I depend
The longing for your touch is much too strong
A hand, a heart, are joined in perfect bliss
Happiness is an enchanting song
That I myself could never bear to miss
Your melody is ringing through my dreams
A star dancing in moonlight is my guide
And though your fire glows bright and warm, it seems
Another is for you, you so confide