Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 24  (Read 12759 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 24
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »

PAGE SEVEN TITUS ANDRONICUS DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »

DR CHAS SMITH - I think as Mr Edwards mentioned in a January, 1958, episode.....one of the very few "honorees" who was told in advance about the show was Miss Frances Farmer.

He was worried that she might get violent with him if he tried to surprise her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de00c3ggHLw

And yet, Miss Farmer seems more out of it than many others who were actually surprised.  That is what happens after you visit Western State Hospital.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

No DVD for JHS - just an extra expense we didn't need for what would never be enough return.  Can everyone please help spread the word about JHS and the Bajas?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

I liked ALBERT NOBBS better than DR JOHN G did. A delight to see Pauline Collins, who I always enjoy; I didn't know she was in this. I thought Janet McTeer was wonderful. Not a great film, but worth seeing, I thought.
I liked everything but the script and the direction. I'm a Pauline Collins fan from the Wodehouse Playhouse days, which may be my all-time favorite show.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR td!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2012, 05:24:58 PM »

SO, today my mother went to their house in my home town to get some things..then left and went to the lake (15 miles away)  She got ready to make dinner and thought "OMG I lift the meat on the steps at home"   So, she called her neighbors (a couple in their 80s) and they went to the house.  First the key didn't work, then they somehow got past that and they didn't get the code in the security system soon enough. 

So there they were. This quiet couple, seriously typical Garrison Keillor type Lutherans.  The system is blaring. They didn't know the magic word when the security called so the police came.  They called my brother who still can't drive after his bypass, so he said he couldn't help them....finally the security company reached my parents...neither one of them could remember what their secret word was.  I'm not sure how, but somehow it was finally all resolved. 

Where was the meat that started all this?   In the refrigerator.  Mom had never taken it out.   LOL.
Great story.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »

DR Jennifer,

I have an electric bike and a regular bike.  The electric bike is very heavy but does have an electric option.  It's great for the huge hills I deal with in literally every direction from my house (I'm about 3/4 the way up a huge hill) No matter what direction I go, there is a big hill either leaving or coming back home.  However it's extremely heavy, which would be a pain to put it in and out of the car to go to the rides, some are 30-60 miles from here, and you can't ride it in the rain.   So, it's perfect for around the neighborhood kind of rides like I"ve done the past couple days, but for a longer ride, I'd take my regular bike.  

Even the electric bike is essentially pedal assist.  So I have to pedal up the hills, it's just a heck of a lot easier.  I get tired even riding the electric bike, lol.  I really need to build up my stamina.

Okay I didn't realize it was so heavy or that you couldn't ride it in the rain.

Yeah, I really like it though. It's just not a road bike in any way shape or form

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »

I should say it works well on the roads around town, but I wouldn't ride it farther.  I've heard of people who ride it 8-12 miles at a time.  So, maybe when I get more used to it I'll venture out farther

Danise

« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »

I am sitting here outraged about DR Elmores elevator and AC situation.  If I could, I would call someone in NY and complain myself.  Not just for DR Elmore but the elderly people in the building as well. 

This is just going on and on.  Something needs to be done!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

I am sitting here outraged about DR Elmores elevator and AC situation.  If I could, I would call someone in NY and complain myself.  Not just for DR Elmore but the elderly people in the building as well. 

I love you, DR Danise!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »

On this, the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, it's "Hiroshima Mon Amour" for tonight's viewing. Also a it of celeration having finished the paper, though the images in this movie are nothing to celebrate.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »

Well, I put on an oxtail stew for dinner tonight and it won't e ready for another 2 1/2 hours. I might be asleep y the time it's done.

Guess it's time for a cocktail while waiting.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »

Jennifer, I just looked it up and the bike weighs 54 pounds.  That seems lighter than I thought, but maybe it doesnt' include the battery.  Still it's a heavy bike

Danise

« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »

SO, today my mother went to their house in my home town to get some things..then left and went to the lake (15 miles away)  She got ready to make dinner and thought "OMG I lift the meat on the steps at home"   So, she called her neighbors (a couple in their 80s) and they went to the house.  First the key didn't work, then they somehow got past that and they didn't get the code in the security system soon enough. 

So there they were. This quiet couple, seriously typical Garrison Keillor type Lutherans.  The system is blaring. They didn't know the magic word when the security called so the police came.  They called my brother who still can't drive after his bypass, so he said he couldn't help them....finally the security company reached my parents...neither one of them could remember what their secret word was.  I'm not sure how, but somehow it was finally all resolved. 

Where was the meat that started all this?   In the refrigerator.  Mom had never taken it out.   LOL.
Great story.
I feel for the people next door.  But it is funny.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

I love you, DR Danise!
Right back at Ya! :) What is the super's problem?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »

I am about to dance in the street!   As soon as Edith gets done addressing the envelope and I get to the post office, our last major project that was delayed due to my accident will be in the mail and out of the office.   Nothing was late and no one's case was hurt in any way.  It was a pain in the butt to catch up, but we have.  Lots of work and lots of cases still to work on, but that cloud and the stress of knowing these things were out there is gone.  Tra la tra la!!!

Congratulations to you, Cilla!
Ditto!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »

FJL

« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »

PAGE SEVEN TITUS ANDRONICUS DANCE!!

I was thinking TIGHT-ASS ANDRONICUS would be a hi-larious parody title, but google says it's been done - like hundreds of times.

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

It is a little irritating that they have the stories set so the material witness who is hispanic comes up first and the white guy, who fired the shots and is accused of attempted murder comes up second

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

I am about to dance in the street!   As soon as Edith gets done addressing the envelope and I get to the post office, our last major project that was delayed due to my accident will be in the mail and out of the office.   Nothing was late and no one's case was hurt in any way.  It was a pain in the butt to catch up, but we have.  Lots of work and lots of cases still to work on, but that cloud and the stress of knowing these things were out there is gone.  Tra la tra la!!!

Congratulations to you, Cilla!
Ditto!

Thanks Danise.

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »

I finished The Book Thief Saturday night.  I thought it was a very different but good book.  It didn't really seem YA to me

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: August 06, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »

Look what I just got!  I've got a lot of playing around to do but hopefully I can get the hang of it very quickly. :D

So far, I've been able to get to the Internet (free wi-fi at work...love that!) and listen to a Kritzerland mp3 sample, but YouTube doesn't work, yet. :P I have to figure out what I need to install.

Small world.  I just bought a HP Notebook.  Unfortunately, I will have to send it back.  The display monitor does not display anything, nor does the screen even light up.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

I finished The Book Thief Saturday night.  I thought it was a very different but good book.  It didn't really seem YA to me
It didn't seem like YA to me, either. But I loved it. It moved me to tears several times, although that could be my mother's history, which played a big part of what I brought to the reading. Her grandparents on her mother's side died in concentration camps for trying to help Jews escape on the trains, for which my great-grandfather worked. 
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »

Every time i get involved with the Library of Congress on a concert, it turns out to be hell. Today, something so simple has become another megillah with too many cooks in the kitchen.

Maybe I'm crabby from the heat, AC and elevator? Perhaps.

I doubt it.

I doubt it, too.
 ;)
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »

Look what I just got!  I've got a lot of playing around to do but hopefully I can get the hang of it very quickly. :D

So far, I've been able to get to the Internet (free wi-fi at work...love that!) and listen to a Kritzerland mp3 sample, but YouTube doesn't work, yet. :P I have to figure out what I need to install.

Small world.  I just bought a HP Notebook.  Unfortunately, I will have to send it back.  The display monitor does not display anything, nor does the screen even light up.

Oh no! :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »

I love Orson Welles at his wittiest. I have become a Negroni addict, but I never researched the history until now. Wikipedia, that most reliable of sources, offers the following tidbit:

One of the earliest reports of the drink came from Orson Welles in correspondence with the Coshocton Tribune while working in Rome on Cagliostro in 1947, where he described a new drink called the Negroni, "The bitters are excellent for your liver, the gin is bad for you. They balance each other."
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »

Did you charge the battery?

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »

Went to the Y and the grocery and came home to prepare and eat dinner.  I've avoided Facebook, Twitter, and broadcast media, so I'm able to watch tonight's Olympic coverage without knowing the rresults.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2012, 06:19:13 PM »

Love DR Cilla's Mom story!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »

Did you charge the battery?

It didn't tell me to charge the battery.  It said to install the battery - I did.  It said to plug it into the wall - I did.  It said to trun on the  power switch and follow the onscreen instructions - It doesn't.  I will try to charge it, but I wished it had told me that.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up