Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33711 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »

I'm very full from CHICKEN.  Craig tells me we had a very nice first day at the DVD site and we haven't even posted about it anywhere really.

Tomovoz

« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2004, 10:05:03 PM »

If td is the good twin you must be absolutely, positively evil beyond redemption. Then again now that td has the status of a god there may be some glimmer of hope.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2004, 10:07:42 PM »

Dear BK (and DR Charles Pogue): I finally got around to reading your column at DVDPlace, and have a question: Wasn't gray-scale part of the make-up process used on Sean Connery in Dragonheart?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2004, 10:08:03 PM »

Well, BK - What kind of CHICKEN did you sup on?  Fried, sauteed, fricaseed, paprikash-ed, stewed, baked, roasted, broiled, etc.?
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2004, 10:10:10 PM »

No wonder I can't sleep.  My twin is up and posting!  Hello all.

Where else would you expect your twin to be at this hour? ?
I'm becoming an honorary Washingtonian, or Aussie. . .one or the other.
Or I am just doing time in OZ? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2004, 10:13:07 PM »

Many of the figure skating moves were named for the people who invented them, much like melba toast was named for Nellie Melba or a sandwich being named for the Earl of Sandwich.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2004, 10:14:01 PM »

Had a long day. Daughter off for Mexico in the morning. Me off to bed with a book tonight. You'll have to frenzy without me tonight, sweethearts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2004, 10:16:31 PM »

Sauteed chicken with mushrooms and onions.  Yummiliscious.  I see Panni is up to her usual BUSY "you'll have to do this without me" thing.  With you or without, a frenzy we will have.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Matt H.

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2004, 10:17:16 PM »

I thought Mike Henry was the handsomest Tarzan, too, unless Denny Miller beat him out, but Johnny Weissmuller's series were my favorites as far as the adventures and films themselves were concerned.

Matt H.

« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2004, 10:23:22 PM »

I really don't buy that "canceling each other out" stuff, especially at the Tonys. Lots of people from the same shows are nominated and one manages to win. Case in point, last year three ladies from NINE were in the supporting category and one managed to win. Three supporting actors from THE PRODUCERS were up and one managed to win. Two lead actors from THE PRODUCERS were up and one managed to win.

I think people nowadays vote for the person and not the show. Maybe I'm naive, but I do really believe it works that way now.

Matt H.

« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2004, 10:28:39 PM »

Enjoyed watching the national figure skating short programs tonight. Matt Savoie and Johnny Weir skated clean and entertaining programs on the men's side, and Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan, Jenny Kirk, Angela Nikodinov, and Amber Corwin all did well on the ladies' side. Finals on Saturday.

As for poor Timothy Goebel, he may have reached his zenith in years past. No chance to go to the worlds this year (unless the USFSA decides to place him on the team - highly doubtful after tonight's performance; he finished 10th missing every jump he tried.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:30:53 PM by Matt H. »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2004, 10:28:53 PM »

What happened to our frenzy?  Still and all and also all and still - we're havin' a fre.  You've got a fre in me.  It must be because Panni is BUSY.

Matt H.

« Reply #342 on: January 08, 2004, 10:32:54 PM »

It is VERY late here on the East Coast, so I'm headed for bed. Perhaps DR Ron will weigh in with his opinions on the skating tonight or tomorrow.

Jed

« Reply #343 on: January 08, 2004, 10:33:12 PM »

Congratulation, folks!  We have now averaged 300 posts over the last 7 days!  We've gotta be on our way to becoming the most popular site on all the internet, don't we, Bruce?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #344 on: January 08, 2004, 10:37:09 PM »

DR MattH - I wasn't implying that "cancelling each other out" was a negative in this situation.  Just that both actresses have their fans, and it's very possible that they could "divide" the Wicked votes...  In the end some ONE has to win.  And, who knows? -ties are possible too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2004, 10:58:37 PM »

I thought my internet provider had deserted me for a while. I has inadvertently pulled the phone line out of its socket. These "Senior's moments" are becoming too regular. Now that I know what "Oz" also means "You could be so lucky td!". Washington has more than charm to offer and more than snow. There may have even be snow in the far South Western part of Washington yesterday. I am proud to be an honoury Washingtonian. I was granted honoury Oregonian citizenship yesterday (thanks to JMK) - now I need to see if I can hold dual citizenship of whether I can have a NW certification that covers all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:16 PM »

I am become addicted to "Wicked". At last a chance to really listen to the score. This could be my favourite new score in years - maybe since "Kiss Of the Spider Woman".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2004, 11:01:16 PM »

DR MattH - I wasn't implying that "cancelling each other out" was a negative in this situation.  Just that both actresses have their fans, and it's very possible that they could "divide" the Wicked votes...  In the end some ONE has to win.  And, who knows? -ties are possible too.

But then it's not the fans who vote.  It's assumed (but we know what can mean) the people who vote will chose someone because of their talent and skill as a performer, not whether or not they like the person.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2004, 11:03:21 PM »

What an interesting idea George. Talent and skill. Perhaps they could introduce that in Movie awards.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2004, 11:05:04 PM »

There's always hope!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2004, 11:07:19 PM »

A question for Dear Readers, even though it is not Wednesday and Ask Dear Reader Day:  I have an opportunity to see a one-night-only performance of I'm Getting My Act Together And Taking It On The Road, starring Sharon Lawrence.  I am unfamiliar with the play as well as the artist.  Is this something I want/need to see?

I have to admit that I have the original cast album but I've never listened to it.  I have heard a couple of songs from it..."Old Friend" being the one that has probably been recorded the most.  I've always thought (more so when I was younger) that the picture on the cover is kinda weird.  Maybe that's why I haven't listened to it:

Other than that, if I remember correctly (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), Sharon Lawrence was originally supposed to play Lili Vanessi in the revival of Kiss Me, Kate with Brian Stokes Mitchell but didn't when she got her sitcom (which didn't last very long...although I really liked it) so they got Marin Mazzie to play Lili.  (Sound familiar?  Can we say Kristen Chenoweth in Millie?  Although she hasn't done too bad for herself since!)

Sharon had a variety special on TV and she was very good.  I really would have liked to have seen her in KM,K (but I'm glad that I saw Marin).  She has a real strong belt voice and has Broadway credits:

According to www.ibdb.com, Sharon played Tzeitel in the 1990 revival of Fiddler On the Roof with Topol, was in Chicago as a later "star" replacement and was a Kit Kat Girl (and others) in the 1987 revival of Cabaret with Joel Grey, Gregg Edelman and Alyson Reed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2004, 11:07:20 PM »

I feel confident that soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet, even if we didn't quite achieve our posting frenzy tonight.  Of course, there's still fifty minutes left, and a post a minute would just about...

Jason

« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2004, 11:13:01 PM »

Tonight I got a copy of LIZZIE BORDEN starring our very own Ms. Allison Fraser. This is my first listen and I'm not quite sure what my thoughts are yet. It's so radically different from WICKED, which is what I've been marinating in for the last few weeks, that I'm suffering from genre shock. :) Overall, I think I'm enjoying it.

I also got CLUE on DVD. YAY! I'm going to watch it tomorrow night. (Can you tell it was payday at BOTH jobs? I went shopping at Tower... ;D )
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 11:13:28 PM by Jason »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2004, 11:13:36 PM »

Well, unless some posting miracle were to occur we definitely won't reach 18,000 posts today, even though we gave it the old college try and came very close.  However, we will definitely reach it tomorrow and in amazing record time.

Jed

« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2004, 11:15:16 PM »

I, too, am very much enjoying Wicked, which I just got earlier this week, but I've found that I more often find myself playing (or humming all day) Avenue Q, which I also got just the other day.

Jed

« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2004, 11:18:14 PM »

Oh, and after having fried chicken for lunch, I had chicken tacos for dinner.  HHW is slowly taking over my life!!! :D  The tacos were quite tasty.

If I keep going with shorter posts like this, I could reach God-dom very early next week!  Only 48 posts to go!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2004, 11:19:16 PM »

Only forty-eight posts left?  Hell, you can do that tonight!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2004, 11:19:38 PM »

On your Mark Bakalor, get set, GO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2004, 11:20:02 PM »

I see the beach babe is here - but she ain't posting.

George

« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2004, 11:20:45 PM »

I'm afraid that I won't be adding to the (potential) posting frenzy.  I'm off to bed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up