Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: QUITE  (Read 33358 times)

Cillaliz

Re:QUITE
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »

UGLY BETTY spoilers from last night

*I don't think hilda would have broken down like that unless he was dead.

I don't think they would have sent the police like that unless he was dead.

I suppose they could do anything.  But i think the story fits better if hilda and son are at home with betty.  And i think that it was implied that he was dead.

The actor was on the show DRIVE, so i had just assumed he left the cast. But since that show was cancelled ... but still. I just really think he's dead.

These are good points, and I agree he's probably dead, but this is fiction... you never know

Jennifer

« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »

SPOILERS re: last night's UGLY BETTY finale

BTW, Kristin Chenoweth was a HOOT last night as the dental assistant on "Ugly Betty."

I forgot to mention how much i enjoyed her as well.

I also wanted to post re: is he or isn't he dead.

When i posted before i did not know this. But apparently there had been news going around that someone would die.  So I think we can say he is most likely dead.

Jennifer

« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2007, 06:34:06 PM »

Oh and I had not read DR Cillaliz's post when i just posted. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »

Oh and I had not read DR Cillaliz's post when i just posted. :)

I guess I am suspect of any cliff-hanger ending where it appears that something happened, but it isn't made absolutely clear.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »

Naw, I don't GUESS...I AM suspect of any cliff-hanger...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »

Back from too much dinner.  Must now watch a DVD.

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Get WITH it, people!

Danise

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »

Well folks, it's over.

My mother passed away sometime around five this afternoon.

I say sometime because her "wonderful" daughter wasn't with her when she passed.

Her "wonderful" daughter was asleep in the chair.

Her "wonderful" self centered, bitch of a daughter wasn't there for her when ishe really needed her and when t really mattered.  

I am so upset with myself right now I could scream.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »

DR Danise. Your mother may have chosen to leave you as you slept.
Grief is so personal, so is loss and so is the choice of when to leave.  The love you had and have for your Mother is what is important.

My thoughts are with you.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

"Softly I Will leave you softly
As my heart would break for you to see me go".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »

Well folks, it's over.

I say sometime because her "wonderful" daughter wasn't with her when she passed.

Her "wonderful" self centered, bitch of a daughter wasn't there for her when ishe really needed her and when t really mattered.  

DR Danise, why are you being so hard on yourself? I was asleep when my dad died in Feb.  He didn't need me at all and I doubt seriously your mother needed you then. You have been a fantastic daughter; your mother knows it, I know it, everyone here on HHW knows it, and God almighty knows it. Stop beating yourself up.

We love you and send our sympathy.  I'm know you're in pain, but I want you to be good to yourself.

I can't even spell God correctly.  I know I'm going to hell.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:44:44 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »

Well folks, it's over.

No, you were THERE Danise and she knew she could leave you right there and then! You were there next to her! Think; many people have lost loved ones and they were not there, physically!
And you're still there to take care of her now too!

Thinking of you.
My deepest condolences, Danise.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:41:00 PM by François »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes and Hugs for DR Danise! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2007, 07:42:53 PM »

"Softly I Will leave you softly
As my heart would break for you to see me go".

With the voice of Johnny Mathis or Andy Williams of course!

Oh, and Matt Monro's!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:46:36 PM by François »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »

Have a wonderful time and have a truffle parmesaen fry for me!!!

They didn't have any tables available until; 9:30 so we ate at the nearby pasta place, which is always sort of boring to me but the boys like it.

Since we were also celebrating the LFB's birthday, our attentive waiter noticed him opening a birthday card and brought us a big piece of tiramisu with a candle in it at the end of the meal. Fortunately, no singing ensued.

Now I know if I go there again on someone's birthday, be sure to give them their card at the table! ;D

We will try the JCT when we can plan ahead.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2007, 07:47:56 PM »

Page Six Harry and Nimbus 2000 Dance!!!

I'm taking care of another friend's cat this weekend, by the name of Nimbus. I wonder if she's named after Nimbus 2000?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

DR Danise, as soon as you finish up all the immediate things that have to be accomplished - and there will be a lot at the moment - get some good sleep in your own bed before the next part of the roller coaster begins.  All I can wish for you is that it goes smoothly.

Edisaurus

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2007, 07:49:06 PM »

Congratulations on your millstone, DR Ron P!

François

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »

Ron P. on his millstone?

A sight to see, indeed! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2007, 07:53:41 PM »

What you collect at the grindstone
Becomes a millstone in time
This is my thesis
Why go to pieces
Step out while you're in your prime
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:53:55 PM by elmore3003 »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2007, 08:03:36 PM »

DR Danise - You've been there, and you were there.  Over the past couple of weeks, there was never a moment when you were not there for your mother.  If you need to scream, then scream - get it out of your system.  Don't carry that around with you.  You did nothing wrong, and I'm sure your mother would not want you to be to mad at yourself.  You've been the true embodiment of Unconditional Love.  I wish you nothing but Peace, Love and Understanding.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2007, 08:04:24 PM »

DR Danise, good heavens girl, you have been SOOO there for your mother. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the devotion, love and total selfLESSness you have shown.  I know you are in terrible pain right now, but please don't beat yourself up.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »

Oh my, I just caught up to DR Danise's post.

((((((Danise)))))

I echo what the others have said. I have read your posts the last few weeks and have felt a little guilty just thinking about when my mother's time comes and knowing that I wouldn't be half as dedicated as you were to your mom's care. I just would never even have the physical stamina you did to take this on with such grace and courage. The lengths you went to to be there for her leave me in awe. I don't think many people are fortunate to have someone as devoted as you by their side. Even though you may have been asleep, I'm sure she knew  you were there, and maybe she was asleep, too!

You did all you could and gave her a great quality of life for her last days with you, and you should never feel anything but proud for what you were able to do for her. The fact that you were there is what matters.

((((Love and light to you, Danise!))))

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

Tonight's viewing maybe the long postponed "Ten Commandments" - Val Kilmer is Moses". Are we brave enough?

My copy of this has been sitting on the bar for months but keeps getting buried under weekly acquisitions. Thanks for reminding me that my copy is waiting to be watched, too. Maybe Sunday.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »

SPOILERS re: last night's UGLY BETTY finale

*I forgot to mention how much i enjoyed her as well.

I also wanted to post re: is he or isn't he dead.

When i posted before i did not know this. But apparently there had been news going around that someone would die.  So I think we can say he is most likely dead.

I had also read someone was going to die. I assumed it was going to be Betty's father. I'm glad it wasn't.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »

I concur with all the other DRs, DR Danise. You were there, and there's no need to be hard on yourself. Your mother knew full well what a wonderful daughter she had. She was a very lucky woman indeed.

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »

I began the evening watching VENUS. It certainly hit home with my family as my uncle married a woman much younger than himself when his first wife died. I saw where the film was going very quickly with just that spark in O'Toole's eye when he spied "Venus"/Jessie.

To be honest, I think Leslie Phillips got gypped out of an Oscar nomination in the supporting category. He's O'Toole's equal in all their scenes together and makes his quirky character every bit as memorable as O'Toole's.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2007, 08:20:56 PM »

I watched the 13 minute documentary on the making of the film. I didn't know O'Toole had broken his hip which had to be dealt with in certain scenes.

Also watched the four minutes of deleted scenes. Nothing there of interest though there was one scene with Vanessa Redgrave that would have been OK to have been in the film.

The audio commentary was OK with the director and producer swapping stories on the making of the picture. Nothing earthshaking, but acceptable.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »

Next, I watched SON OF FURY. Excellent adventure film (I never realized that George Sanders had such a strong build on him. Always thought him rather reedy, but not here. Very muscular, much more so than Tyrone).

Yes, DR JRand, Miss Frances did just fine as her two-faced character. Loved Harry Davenport. I found his performance very moving indeed.

Matt H.

« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2007, 08:24:31 PM »

There was a Tyrone Power featurette on SON OF FURY that detailed not just this film but several others in the boxed set. I guess I knew that actor James Cromwell was director John Cromwell's son, but I had forgotten it, and this little feature helped put that fact back into my head.

Matt H.

« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »

I'm so excited. Tomorrow night - BECKET!!! How fabulous to see that again after many decades away from it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up