Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE CRICKETS IN THE FOUNTAIN  (Read 54014 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THREE CRICKETS IN THE FOUNTAIN
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2005, 03:57:48 PM »

DR Cillaliz, the cats will know. You are on this site after all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »

(Does this work?)

"Meet Broadway's newest stars: they're young, they're hairy and they have very curious noses."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/21/nyregion/17wire-bway.html?hp&ex=1106370000&en=68efeffa60b03a3d&ei=5094&partner=homepage
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 04:05:04 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »

Yes.
And  an advertisment for Drinking chocolate too!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2005, 04:08:05 PM »

(Does this work?)

"Meet Broadway's newest stars: they're young, they're hairy and they have very curious noses."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/21/nyregion/17wire-bway.html?hp&ex=1106370000&en=68efeffa60b03a3d&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Yes, it does!

What they do come up with these days, publicitywise! :(

François de Paris

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »

Let's do the Broadway Star Dog Walk!

Woof Woof Bang Bang!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 04:10:04 PM by François de Paris »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2005, 04:09:50 PM »

They're telling us on Long Island  14 - 24 inches  with drifts to 6 feet!!  You may be waiting awhile for those egg bagels DR Jane!!!

It's okay.  I just received a BIG box of Austin Zoo Animal Crackers I ordered last week.   I think these are the best animal crackers made.

Have fun in the snow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2005, 04:11:22 PM »

Are there any cricket crackers in amongst the other animals.

François de Paris

« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

What is NEXT???

Kitty Kitty Bang Bang?

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

François de Paris

« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »

I don't know!

Jane has the BIG box! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »

I am now officially out of Diet Coke.  As soon as the Pool People are done, I'll run out for emergency supplies.  But if they're not done before six, then I have to wait for the Handy Man to come to check under the house to see how much damage was done to the floorboards in the bedroom.  One of them warped so badly that my dresser was tipping precariously forward and instead of being flat against the wall the top of it was a good seven inches away (while the bottom was against the wall).  I had to move the dresser off the warped floor board so it would sit straight, which leaves way too little room between the bed and the dresser, so it must be fixed and fixed soon.

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »

What is NEXT???

Kitty Kitty Bang Bang?

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

LOL! Hadn't thought of that one!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2005, 04:18:27 PM »

And I got a really nice book from the Gay Men's Chorus, which features a lovely profile of elmore.  They'd written me for permission to use bits from our Unseemly Interview, which I happily gave them.  

Well, now, this is an interesting tid-bit!  What book is this, Dear Friend BK?  Perhaps they'll send me one!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2005, 04:23:32 PM »

Actually, MattH, as I was listening to "cruise ship singer", I said it before Simon said, "Stay on the ship." Reminded me of a dinner theatre pre-show singer.  Utterly undistinguished and indistinguishable.  Of course, that accounts for a lot of those that got a pass to Hollywood.  

I was frankly a little bored...auditions became a little deja vu for me.  And I keep wondering how much humour I should find in people who are truly delusional about their talent.  They do not listen to themselves sing?  They honestly cannot tell how miserable they are?  

And all the judges, even Paula, seem to revel in the mocking of them these days.  It's one thing to be brutually frank and honest as Simon can be; it's another just to parade people up there to be mocked.  And you know that has to happen in the vetting process.  These judges can't be seeing all twenty thousand people who show up...so the screeners are passing through a bunch of auditioners they know are crappy, just for the entertainment value of their inadequacies and failure.  It speaks volumes that they have increased this portion of the season.

I also don't see the point of a guest judge here.  With four, what happens if it's a tie?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2005, 04:24:31 PM »

I've been at work trying to re-learn my whole job...practically.  This is the first moment that I've had to check in.  I've only been able to listen to a few of the songs from the London Promises, Promises, but so far, it's great.  The sound is very good.  THANKS AGAIN, JMK!!  I haven't had any time to listen to The Woman in White.  Maybe this weekend.  I have no plans.

I'm leaving work early (in about 15 minutes) to usher for the Peter Cincotti show tonight.  I have to be there very early and I said that I'd stay till the bitter end.  The best part is that the ushers get to eat the catered food!  (And yes, that's ALWAYS better than getting to see the show for free! ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2005, 04:30:33 PM »

With four, what happens if it's a tie?

Well, then, I guess only one of them gets to wear it!

(I'm sorry! I really am! :-[ )

Jane

« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2005, 04:32:18 PM »

You forced me to open another bag to answer your question.  There are lambs, owls, ponies, turtles, camels, elephants, rhinos, rabbits, lions, bears, monkey and something that might be a penguin.  I'm shocked not to have found any crickets.

I discovered Bogie really likes these too.  I only let him have a little but I’m so happy is appetite is returning.  BTW his ultrasound results made us very happy. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2005, 04:32:22 PM »

I haven't had any time to listen to The Woman in White.
Be thankful!
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2005, 04:33:14 PM »

Good question about the fourth judge, CP....I was wondering that myself.

I agree with you on humane grounds that a lot of unnecessary cruelty is perpetrated upon what seem to be "unsuspecting" souls.

But are they "that" stupid?  Are they for real?  The woman who ended the first show...the blond in the white pants...she's totally nuts!  They named her, said she was the worst before they showed her.  She was the selling point of the show, apparently.

I'm guessing they sign away their rights to sue for defamation/ridicule.  Probably get a nice little bit of moolah to become exposed nationally as idiots.

I have to admit, though, that I'm giggling hysterically when the judges start cracking up.  They get silly because they're exposed to some mind-numbingly bad "performing."  Simon is caustic under the best of conditions, but you are correct that Paula seems to have joined in the fun, too.

It is what it is.  I had enough on the first night and won't watch again if it conflicts with something better...like dead air.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »

Good news Jane. (The ultrasound news that is!)
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »

Tomovoz thank you.

I just received, via email, a darling photo of my cousin’s daughter with Larry King.  She is currently doing an internship with his show and seems to be very happy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2005, 04:39:15 PM »

I discovered Bogie really likes these too.  I only let him have a little but I’m so happy is appetite is returning.  BTW his ultrasound results made us very happy. :D

Yeah for Bogie!!!!

Kerry

« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2005, 04:44:37 PM »

I havenot had a chance yet to read today's posts but will get to that in a bit.   In the CD player, "Leading Men Don't Dance,"  with Ron Raines from the BK stable of stars, my usual compilation CD's which no doubt has a few things on it also found in Tomovoz's library (since he seems to have stolen half my music).  Oh, and I'm relistening to the score from "Ghost and Mrs. Muir."  
DVD:  "It" with Clara Bow and "The Best Years of Our Lives"
VCR:  A PBS special on Peggy Lee
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »

What I'm wondering is whether the photo below -- of BK's landlord in a pool -- is "of" the pool at BK's house which he is getting ready to share with the crickets:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »

Ron, I too wonder about how unsuspecting some of them are and am guilty as most at delighting in some of the nastiness...but it's what I don't like about myself and think that I just shouldn't contribute to the general Springerization of television by watching people make fools of themselves for my amusement.  

But I am still amazed when you see someone truly crestfallen when they are honestly told they are wretched and they have no clue.  Don't these people listen to themselves? Can they truly not know?  But like you, i might be going off to read a book or something?  It may be one of those shows that has peaked.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2005, 04:56:12 PM »

Thank you Cillaliz.  I'm hoping I can say the same thing for Callie soon.  Is she on prednisone or anything else?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2005, 04:58:14 PM »

Dear BK, DR Panni, DR Charles Pogue, or any Dear Lurker who might step into the light for a moment for my benefit:

Can you tell me:  Are Coldwater Canyon and Laurel Canyon Boulevards fully open now between the Valley and Hollywood/The Hills of Beverly?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:12 PM »

Good news Jane. (The ultrasound news that is!)

For one moment...JUST a moment, mind you...I thought I had missed an "announcement" about a blessed event.

Then I remembered about Bogie.....

:D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 05:00:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2005, 05:01:10 PM »

Yes, both canyons are open and fine.  Coldwater was never closed, but Laurel was down for about four days.  I've taken both recently.

Pool People are almost done - the Jacuzzi doesn't seem to be getting water pumped into it correctly, but that just may be because things are slow to start up.  It's fine for me to use tonight, though.

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2005, 05:05:01 PM »

Thank you Cillaliz.  I'm hoping I can say the same thing for Callie soon.  Is she on prednisone or anything else?

She's on prednisone and lactulose for problems related to her abnormally small pelvic opening - won't go into more details about that!

Michael

« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2005, 05:07:44 PM »

God that new IPOd and putting music on it. What a job that will be!
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up