Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TARDY  (Read 22054 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TARDY
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »

What is your favorite classic television show?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29:57 AM »

Page 4 dance...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2006, 11:32:16 AM »

Well, I am on day 2 of virtually no voice and a sore throat.  Thank God I have some codine cough syrup or i don't think i would have slept all night.  This being sick crap is for the birds. I've never been sick as much as I have the last few months. It isn't just me it's everyone at the office.  I'm tired of it.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!  I not as bad off as you, but it's still darned frustrating.  I'm at the Randomly-Occurring-Uncontrollable-Coughing-Fit stage. :P And when I cough, I have to cough very loudly.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 11:34:56 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »

Of course today could just be National Drive Like An Ass***e Day and I just missed the notice.

Only Polyanna would think it was only one day a year!

Expect C.W. Mc Call to release "Convoy" with SUVs as the stars.

You could gather up a bunch of incidents a and do a pilot for:

"LAW AND ORDER - SUV"

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2006, 11:35:09 AM »

And if you have a sprain, CHICKEN SOUP!

Arthritis? yep...

I would think chicken-soup soaked bandages on knees and ankles would create quite a mess - but would sure attract a lot of cats and dogs.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »

We also have masks and really heavy duty rubber gloves. Maybe when I go back I should put on the whole outifit

Sounds like a kinky work place to me!

der Brucer

(Any job openings?)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2006, 11:43:51 AM »

I'm at the Randomly-Occurring-Uncontrollable-Coughing-Fit stage. :P And when I cough, I have to cough very loudly.

Sounds like an upper-respitory version of the Firepit scene from Blazing Saddles.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2006, 11:55:24 AM »

Tough one! At what age?

When I first met TV it was Hopalong Cassidy (I was not a late bloomer, it was TV that was late!)

Later on "I Love Lucy" was everyone's favorite.

Jackie Gleason for weekly variety - Loretta Young for weekly Drama; Philco Playhouse, Kraft Television Theatre and Playhouse 90 for specials.

I was lucky to be able to fit Twilight Zone and Alfred Hirchcock Presents in between my folks watching Liberace and Lawrence Welk (whose name escaped me, but Goggleing "a-one and a-two" saved the day).

Where is the time cut-off to meet Pogues "test of time"?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »

I have a "blue tooth" wireless earpiece that I use when I am in the car and my phone "voice dials" so I can say someone's name into my bluetooth and the phone dials itself so I have the hands free thing going.

I'm getting images of a Smerf doing a Max Smart impersonation :D

der Brucer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2006, 12:33:58 PM »

I have a "blue tooth" wireless earpiece that I use when I am in the car and my phone "voice dials" so I can say someone's name into my bluetooth and the phone dials itself so I have the hands free thing going.

My cell voice dials, too.  I found I had to change the one I had set up to call my mother to "Call Mom At Home".  Before I made the change, I found myself in the aisles of Target or Wal-Mart shouting "Mom!" into my headset, sounding like an overgrown lost boy.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2006, 12:35:02 PM »

Thanks Mr. Bush, you're doing a heck of a job!!!!

Would you prefer the Carter years when a gallon of gas cost the same as the hourly minimum wage?

Perhaps we should ask Mr. Bush to abolish all those pesky environmental regulations and go back to good old leaded gas and start getting some economy out of our cars!

Or we could follow the Euopean Model, and have gas at over $5-6/gallon.

der Brucer (who regularly watches the locals save on transportation costs by driving their horse and buggies)

George

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »

Blame George, who was posting in the old topic as I was trying to lock it, thereby confusing me no end.  It's all right now.
Mea culpa...mea maxima culpa...mea maxima maxima culpa! ::)

Way to go, George!  One of the anomalies of the Haines His Way forum will go down in archival history attributable to you!

:D
That's what I'm here for! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2006, 12:43:19 PM »

Sounds like an upper-respitory version of the Firepit scene from Blazing Saddles.

You got that right! :-X

George

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2006, 12:59:08 PM »

Question for one and all:

What musical instruments do you like to hear performed or even play?

Me, I am a sucker for the swirling sounds of the Highland and Uillean pipes!!

I used to play the flute but play a bit on the tin whistle and bodhran.

About playing instruments:  I actually took accordion lessons when I was seven or eight years old...for only about a year.  Then, when I was in eighth grade, I took piano lessons for about four years.  When I was at Western Washington University, I was going to become a high school choir teacher, which I ended up not becoming.  Anyway, we had to take instrumental pedagogy classes...classes on how to teach kids how to play instruments.  I learned how to (very basically) play the clarinet, bassoon, french horn, cello, tuba and percussion.  The clarinet, cello and percussion were the most fun.

As for listening to instruments, purely instrumental music tends to bore me (please don't hate me).  I do prefer the voice...unless it's an instrumental version of a vocal piece that I like (such as the Sondheim in Jazz series, produced by our very own BK...I love those!) or is something that has some sort of dramatic feel for me.  I don't know how else to describe it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »

Good afternoon!

We had some more rain after I logged off, but then the clouds did clear away and we have sun and bright skies right now. Beautiful!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »

I was watching it this afternoon - THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.

I realized I still had one disc to go in the Season 3 boxed set, and I watched almost every episode on that disc this afternoon.

Among the classics:

Robert Moore playing Phyllis' brother who starts dating RHoda rather than Mary. Phyllis freaks out thinking she and Rhoda might become sisters-in-law. Rhoda assures her it won't happen; Phyllis' brother is gay.

Mary having a week from hell where everything goes wrong, the very week she must attend the broadcast for the Teddy Awards because she's nominated. No wonder Mary TYler Moore won the Emmy this season for Best Comedy Actress. I wonder if this was the submitted episode. Her performance is among the best, most realistic ever given on a comedy series.

Mary loans Rhoda $1,300 to open a plant boutique, and despite it making bucket loads of money, Rhoda stalls about
paying Mary back the loan.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »

Next, I watched last night's VERONICA MARS.

spoilers - - - - -

The case of the dead dog ties in most surprisingly with the season-long mystery. One scene with Keith staring down the barrel of a gun had me squirming in my seat. Keith is my favorite character on the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2006, 01:26:48 PM »

I finished up the afternoon with a LAW & ORDER rerun from last season when Michael Imperioli had temporarily replaced Jesse Martin on the show while Martin filmed RENT. Good case involving a crooked police commissioner. I had only vague recollections of having seen it before, and had no idea how it was going to turn out.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »

As for listening to instruments, purely instrumental music tends to bore me (please don't hate me).  I do prefer the voice...

How about opera - where the voice is treated like an instrument?

der Brucer

PS Will Jose get upset at your stealing the "blame" title?

George

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2006, 02:08:11 PM »

How about opera - where the voice is treated like an instrument?

der Brucer

PS Will Jose get upset at your stealing the "blame" title?

Opera is good.  I like quite a few operas.  I'd prefer to be in a theater watching an opera (or even on TV or DVD) to just listening to one, but it's vocal music...and musical theater. :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »

Would you prefer the Carter years when a gallon of gas cost the same as the hourly minimum wage?

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

I happen to have inside information that JRand55 is at home watching a naked Jorge Rivero on DVD.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »

Perhaps we should ask Mr. Bush to abolish all those pesky environmental regulations and go back to good old leaded gas and start getting some economy out of our cars!

Yeah...who cares about pollution, choking smog or environmental health at all!  Just give us cheaper leaded gas and to hell with the consequences.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2006, 02:10:58 PM »

From CharlesPogue:
Jane, was your "sad but true" in response to my saying there is no such thing as unconditional love?  I actually think that is a good thing.  I think everything must have boundaries and conditions...particularly love.  Those who try to give "unconditional" love will find their love abused for sure.  The first love anyone has to have is a healthy self-love.

I never believe people who tell me they love their children or their dog or their friend more than themselves. No.  Until you first love yourself; you can't love anything.

I think I was referring to all of your statements, mostly to the “unconditional”.  I reacted to your comment that dogs do have limits & don’t always love unconditionally.

In regards to your current post, after you love yourself I think you can still love someone else more than you love yourself.

As for my previous post, on second thought I can’t think of anything my children would do that would stop me from loving them, and I mean anything.  I might be very unhappy but I couldn’t stop loving them.  How much or how little I love myself doesn’t matter. How much I love or respect myself makes a difference with the boundaries and conditions I set.

So I can set those boundaries & conditions & refuse to tolerate anything beyond them, however it doesn’t mean I take away my love.  I suppose there are two ways to look at that, I still love “unconditionally” or I don’t.  If I reread the definition of unconditional, I say if I still love, then it’s “unconditionally”.  It just seems as if I have put conditions on my love where in reality I’m putting conditions on behavior.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:32 PM »

Or we could follow the Euopean Model, and have gas at over $5-6/gallon.

The European model is totally different...the bulk of the cost of a gallon (roughly 4 liters) of gasoline in Europe is going to "taxes" (many of which keep the infrastructure updated)...NOT corporate greed/profit-taking/gouging.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:15:08 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

DerBrucer thank you for the Angie up-date and the heartwarming story.  I’m still waiting for a photo. :)

Jane

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2006, 02:30:33 PM »

Good health vibes to Cillaliz and everyone who needs them.

Bruce, vibes for a great reconnection!  

Jane

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2006, 02:34:19 PM »

I booked a room at the Comfort Inn in Midtown NY from October 3rd, checking out the 8th.  Thanks to Danise telling me to sign up for the points program one of these nights will be free.  Not that I’m sure I’ll stay there.  I want to look around for a better price and location.  At least I have this booked at the current price.  

Ginny and Cillaliz did you book a room there?  I hope we can all stay in the same hotel again.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »

Headed down now to clean the den and perhaps watch some more MONK episodes before the retun of ALIAS tonight.

Will have to record BONES this week.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

Back from a very long lunch with Miss Susan Egan.  We had a lot of fun, and it was grandly grand to see her.

I must now get some writing done.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up