Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LIKES OF ME  (Read 31706 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE LIKES OF ME
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2005, 11:17:41 AM »

Getting back to the actual thawed pork loin....

I cut it in half, seasoned it generously with Cavender's Greek Seasoning, and then put it in my crockpot and cooked it five hours on high.

I used a meat thermometer to determine doneness, of course, but the crockpot, on high, cooks pork quite thoroughly.  

Oh, I might have emptied a nearly empty bottle of peanut sauce in the pot first, and I may have supplemented the volume with a bit of A-1 steak sauce, and it's possible I added some chopped onions....but I swear that's all I did.  

Well, come to think of it, I MIGHT have added a cup of water at the one-hour mark.

At any rate, the leavings were yummilicious and made QUITE the "au jus" for the loin.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »

I get creative when I cook.

More often than not, I cannot remember exactly what it was I did when something turns out totally scrumptious.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2005, 11:19:36 AM »

My candidate for the lowest rated program of the year:

Have No Fear:  The Pope John Paul II Story....tonight on CBS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2005, 11:19:52 AM »

A happy  PAGE 5 "Summer Stock" dance is called for:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:20:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2005, 11:20:41 AM »

Strange day today.  I had a weird run-in with the new neighbor above me this morning.  She's a youngt bimbo who got on the elevator talking into her cellphone.  To whomever she was speaking she was talking about being at the TODAY show since she was representing Tim Russert.  One of her classic comments between the first and third floors:  "Katies' breasts are not to be discussed."

A week ago I sat on the bus next to a fat woman who insisted on letting all of us passengers hear her private business as she loudly talked into a cellphone.  What drives these rude assholes?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2005, 11:20:56 AM »

I know I'll be watching "Survivor: Guatemala" tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2005, 11:22:12 AM »

My Deep Discount DVD orders arrived in one box today:

Holy Merde!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2005, 11:23:46 AM »

Four boxed season sets for "Angel," two for "Friends" and individual DVD movies of "42nd Street," "The Broadway Melody", the Julie Andrews "Cinderella," the original "The War of the Worlds", "Three Coins in the Fountain" and "The Three Faces of Eve."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2005, 11:26:58 AM »

Strange day today.  I had a weird run-in with the new neighbor above me this morning.  She's a youngt bimbo who got on the elevator talking into her cellphone.  To whomever she was speaking she was talking about being at the TODAY show since she was representing Tim Russert.  One of her classic comments between the first and third floors:  "Katies' breasts are not to be discussed."

A week ago I sat on the bus next to a fat woman who insisted on letting all of us passengers hear her private business as she loudly talked into a cellphone.  What drives these rude assholes?

I blame their parents.  They are wrapped up in themselves.

Whenever anyone DARES to use a cellphone in an elevator, I start a conversation with other passengers or I sing.

I encountered a lady   woman in the grocery store last night berating someone over her cell phone because he was stupid enough to lose his wallet.  She began yelling at him.  Another customer walked by and gave me a look, and I said, loudly, "Yes, it's the CURSE of cell phones...any cretin can use one."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:27:33 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2005, 11:28:43 AM »

Jason, just wanted to let you know that I'll be at the theatre this evening to watch Miss Chita. Since it's a pick up ticket I don't know where I will be sitting but we will probably be close enough to chat with each other.

I have been errant and truant for many days now. I just got off the exercise bike (and I took a shower) after a morning of shopping and lunch. Now I'm visiting you fine folk.

I think I mentioned posting a link for Anthony's Volkswagen spot. It's a the Volkswagen Web site. Click on this link and you're taken to a site with a picture of a Passat. Click on Launch the Mini-Site Now (or something similar, I don't remember the exact wording), and if Film No. 94 doesn't load and play, click on it (it's a thumbnail of Anthony sideways) and you'll see a 15 second "film" (VW's words) about a safety feature of the new car. You need Flash on your computer to watch it but if you can open those animated greeting cards you probably already have flash installed. You don't need headphones because there is no sound. I wouldn't recommend trying it if all you have is dial up. It takes at least 15 minutes to load. Check out some of the other clips also. There are not yet 120 15 second spots loaded but there are many, many pieces and lots of them are funny.

[Anthony's Volkswagen Spot]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:30:17 AM by Ben »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2005, 11:30:57 AM »

DR Jennifer: The WORST sore throat I ever had was when we had a real (not artificial) Christmas Tree in the house. Do you have a Christmas Tree up? Just a thought.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2005, 11:55:37 AM »

I didn't recommend any cure or poltice.....don't drag ME into this thing.  The whole mishagoss has just been TOO much for me.

Let's talk about Katie's breasts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2005, 11:56:38 AM »

So round, so firm, so fully packed...

Oh no, wait, those are Lucky Strike cigarettes. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2005, 12:01:48 PM »

Jennifer are you using the BROWN vinegar people piut on their fries in your gargling mix? I don't think that's what JRand was recommending.  It's not usual for Americans to  use brown vinegar. I suspect he was talking about white vinegar.  Correct me if I'm wrong Jack...

No i'm not using brown vinegar. In fact I don't even know what that is.  People here put the white vinegar on their fries.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2005, 12:03:42 PM »

No Christmas trees for me!

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2005, 12:04:37 PM »

For DR Jane, here is the medication I was given:

Atasol for the pain.

And Clavulin is the antibiotic.

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20C)/CLAVULIN.html

Oh and the doctor's office just called. They called in for my results.  Mono test not back. But my white blood cell count was high because of the infection. Not sure what that means, but I have to go back to the doc tomorrow.  It seems she is really on top of this!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:05:56 PM by Jennifer »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2005, 12:16:32 PM »

Jason, just wanted to let you know that I'll be at the theatre this evening to watch Miss Chita. Since it's a pick up ticket I don't know where I will be sitting but we will probably be close enough to chat with each other.

I have been errant and truant for many days now. I just got off the exercise bike (and I took a shower) after a morning of shopping and lunch. Now I'm visiting you fine folk.

I think I mentioned posting a link for Anthony's Volkswagen spot. It's a the Volkswagen Web site. Click on this link and you're taken to a site with a picture of a Passat. Click on Launch the Mini-Site Now (or something similar, I don't remember the exact wording), and if Film No. 94 doesn't load and play, click on it (it's a thumbnail of Anthony sideways) and you'll see a 15 second "film" (VW's words) about a safety feature of the new car. You need Flash on your computer to watch it but if you can open those animated greeting cards you probably already have flash installed. You don't need headphones because there is no sound. I wouldn't recommend trying it if all you have is dial up. It takes at least 15 minutes to load. Check out some of the other clips also. There are not yet 120 15 second spots loaded but there are many, many pieces and lots of them are funny.

[Anthony's Volkswagen Spot]

I have just watched  Ant's video.  Very funny!  Tell him I said hi! (And Vicky asked the other day if we could go in and see his show again, she wanted to bring a friend in to show it to her. She was very suprised and disappointed when I told her it was over)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »

DR Jane, a backup plan if the strep test came back negative.

Do you stop taking them if it isn't strep?

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2005, 12:18:46 PM »

I didn't recommend any cure or poltice.....don't drag ME into this thing.  The whole mishagoss has just been TOO much for me.

Let's talk about Katie's breasts.
Didn't you want her to stick a candle in her ear and say the Preamble to the US Bill of Rights backwards?

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2005, 12:27:10 PM »

DRMBARNUM you don't suppose Hildy and Freddy had a spat do you?

The curious thing was that that last time I had seen Freddy, before his disappearance, was when I let them both out in the back yard. Only Hildy returned....hmmmm....!

And Hildy did not seem to miss Freddy at all when he was gone!

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2005, 12:28:27 PM »

Britney Nixes 'Charity' Work

Spears not Broadway bound; Plus, Nicole and Keith's family togetherness, the latest on Nick and Jessica, Xtina's moniker musings and more ...

Britney Spears apparently isn't ready to trade poopie diapers and midnight feedings for the bright lights of Broadway. The Insider reports the semi-retired pop starlet, who gave birth to Sean Preston in September, has taken a pass on a "very lucrative offer" to headline "Sweet Charity."

The Britster, 23, would have replaced Christina Applegate as the titular lovelorn dancer, with her employment-challenged hubby Kevin Federline reportedly in line for a hoofer role.

"Britney said she couldn't do it because of 'family issues,'" a mole tells the Insider.

Seems they shelled out big bucks for a private jet and deluxe accommodations for the Federlines, who took in the show during a mid-November trip to New York.

"The producers didn't mind," says the snitch. "They thought they'd make that money back right away once she said yes."

But Britney ultimately turned her back on the Great White Way "because she didn't want to uproot her family to New York and make such a long commitment," explains a Spears confidante. "Of course, she seriously considered it, but she's a new mom and Kevin has two other kids who are also on the West Coast."

You'll recall that it was just about a year ago that Mrs. Federline fired off a salvo to working mothers everywhere by declaring, "To be a really good mom, I feel your child needs to be your full-time job. I want to raise my kids and share all of those precious moments with them and not rely on nannies."
[/size]

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:30:14 PM by vixmom »

Jane

« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2005, 12:33:54 PM »

Jennifer, it’s nice your doctor is keeping tabs on you.  When you are done taking the antibiotic, or near the end of them, I highly suggest taking acidophilus to prevent a yeast infection.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2005, 12:35:28 PM »

The Thawed Pork Loin - that's the title of my next novel.

I look quite kempt now, thanks to Teddy.

Now, I must go to my mail place, do some banking, and then be on my way to LACC.  Keep the home fries burning - I love coming home to lots of posts and unwinding whilst reading them.

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2005, 12:36:22 PM »

What is all this nonsenseabout the Vatican outlawiing LIMBO?!  What's next to go..... Pin the Tail on the Donkey?!

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »

I love the theme music to A SUMMER PLACE and GHOST AND MRS MUIR....I don't have any particular romantic memories of the movies, just enjoyed the music...in fact I think I have watched most romantic movies by myself...in fact I have been by myself during a lot of romantic moments...hmmm.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »

Ben, we had sound.  Anthony was funny.

We have had too much rain, all night and day now.  Better rain than more snow which we are expecting tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2005, 12:42:52 PM »

Thursday greetings.  I'm home from work today, having finally given in to the lower back pain that I developed on Tuesday.  Mostly, I stayed home today because the pain medication and muscle relaxants make me too groggy to drive.  Just finished watching the last 2 episodes of season 4 of Six Feet Under.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2005, 12:43:13 PM »

What is all this nonsenseabout the Vatican outlawiing LIMBO?!  What's next to go..... Pin the Tail on the Donkey?!

For real?  

Jane

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2005, 12:44:45 PM »

Ginny I hope you feel better soon.  I cannot tolerate muscle relaxants and found a mild tranquilizer works much better, without the side effects.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »

Back from lunch....

....dim sum at Richie's....and they're still doing 30% off...it was an anniversary thing they started back in September.  It increased business so much they've retained the price break.

Hoo  Ray!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up