Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS  (Read 10320 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »

Having problems getting a full-sized photo today, but here's the almond cake. This is not actual size.

Oh my that looks good!!!

Jane

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »

DR Ginny be very glad you don't have to travel to deal with the family difficulties.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »

Our local community theatre is having auditions Feb. 28 and March 1 for AND MISS REARDON DRINKS A LITTLE.  I've just ordered the script from the library and wondered if any DRs have suggestions for a part for me.  I'm not familiar with the play.

She's going  back!

We'll see, DR Elmore!  Do you have any input about the play?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2011, 03:25:04 PM »

All Done! :)  I've been cleaning & doing laundry since I got up this morning, including changing the sheets.  I did my best not to use my right arm to clean & dust.  It's tired & a little sore but not too bad.  I'm having a glass of wine to relax it and hope it will be fine for PT tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »

Well, my aunt is being released from the hospital and transferred to the transitional care unit at the retirement community this evening.  Rei elected to stay here while my cousin went to follow along and lend support to his Mom on each end of the journey.  We're now watching GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE on the Cartoon Network - is it appropriate for a 7-year-old?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2011, 03:32:37 PM »

Our local community theatre is having auditions Feb. 28 and March 1 for AND MISS REARDON DRINKS A LITTLE.  I've just ordered the script from the library and wondered if any DRs have suggestions for a part for me.  I'm not familiar with the play.

She's going  back!

I'm not a huge Paul Zindel fan.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2011, 03:33:47 PM »

Well, my aunt is being released from the hospital and transferred to the transitional care unit at the retirement community this evening.  Rei elected to stay here while my cousin went to follow along and lend support to his Mom on each end of the journey.  We're now watching GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE on the Cartoon Network - is it appropriate for a 7-year-old?

Is DR MBarnum coming over? It's age-appropriate for him so I guess a 7-year old will like it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »

DR TCB I'm writing to the Camp Fire organization to see if I can get a couple of boxes of mints, one for each of us.  Would you like more than one box?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »

She's going  back!

I'm not a huge Paul Zindel fan.

But, I have to add, DR Ginny, that I'm happy to hear you are auditioning. You're too good an actress to not do something with your talent occasionally.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:48:57 PM by elmore3003 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »

DR GINNY - Ceil.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »

We still have NO bananas.

And tonight is the first episode of THE AMAZING RACE season!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »

DR ELMORE my infatuation with ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE began many decades ago on Saturday late night television....and the music is most entertaining.....and yes the promise of the preview could make one stick it out to the end.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »

DR ELMORE my infatuation with ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE began many decades ago on Saturday late night television....and the music is most entertaining.....and yes the promise of the preview could make one stick it out to the end.

DR JRand60, I'm overlooking this obvious character flaw because I like you so much! :D

I'm on a couple of jobs that are wearing me out and making me unhappy. I have been very open about wanting to leave one of them for the past year, but i'm staying, for the nonce; I feel that circumstances since January are forcing me to stay. We'll see how I feel in six months.

As to the other job, I don't like the last turn of events in the past week. I think it's time to get out of the way, so the clowns can take over the circus.  There are a lot of things I will miss  but too many things say get out now.

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »

Thank you, DR Elmore - your comment means a lot to me  :-*

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »

DR GINNY - Ceil.

Shall I wear one of my Pendleton teacher jackets to the audition?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »

the live action movie or the cartoon?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:46:25 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »

DR GINNY - Ceil.

Shall I wear one of my Pendleton teacher jackets to the audition?

Defo.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »

Almost time for TAR!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »

Having problems getting a full-sized photo today, but here's the almond cake. This is not actual size.

It may be a small picture, but you can tell that it certainly looks good! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »

Break Legs, Ginny!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »

Thanks Jane, TCB, John G., Sam for the good wishes on me getting into the show! :-*

George

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »

And now, I need to get ready to work concessions for Kathy Najimy and the Seattle Women's Chorus!  I wonder if she'll come out to the lobby after the show.  One can hope!

Be back later!

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »

meeting Kathy vibes for George

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »

watching the social network

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

Break Legs, Ginny!!

Thanks, DR George, and congratulations to you on your new role!

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2011, 06:19:13 PM »

My cousin's family eats pretty much vegetarian at home, but he told me they'd eat whatever I cooked while here.  Tonight, Rei ate chicken for the first time ever but he liked the corn more.  We have the wishbone drying for him to share with his dad tomorrow.

The kids also don't watch much TV at home, so Rei's really enjoying cartoons here.  I told my cousin that we were rotting his child's brain and he said, "It's about time someone does!"

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »

I spent a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon.  Part of that time was spent watching a DVD of a play that was, naturally,  filmed for educational purposes only.  I should have watched this DVD several weeks ago, but as they say - it is never too late.  The production was very well done, in spite of the fact that the script was extremely dated.  I am thinking that the buzz words "Ways and Means" were pretty new to most people, but is rather a dated term today.

The dated script did not prevent the production from landing a great many very solid belly-laughs.  The success was do largely to a very talented cast.  Unfortunately, a program from the production was not included with the educational DVD.  Still I enjoyed all of the cast members' performances, but several really stood out  The gentleman who played the son-in-law, Charlie left me cold for the first few minutes of the play, but that seemed more the fault of the script rather than the actor   In fact, he turned out to be a very solid comedic actor. Still the success or failure of this play rests in the hands of the male lead, and in this production the actor in that role truly delivered.  This actor was obviously a seasoned veteran.  He possessed a superb comic timing and was a master of the "take."

A very enjoyable DVD.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:35:12 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »

Ginny is returning to the stage?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

Thinkin' about it, DR TCB...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »

I spent a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon.  Part of that time was spent watching a DVD of a play that was, naturally,  filmed for educational purposes only.  I should have watched this DVD several weeks ago, but as they say - it is never too late.  The production was very well done, in spite of the fact that the script was extremely dated.  I am thinking that the buzz words "Ways and Means" were pretty new to most people, but is rather a dated term today.

The dated script did not prevent the production from landing a great many very solid belly-laughs.  The success was do largely to a very talented cast.  Unfortunately, a program from the production was not included with the educational DVD.  Still I enjoyed all of the cast members' performances, but several really stood out  The gentleman who played the son-in-law, Charlie left me cold for the first few minutes of the play, but that seemed more the fault of the script rather than the actor   In fact, he turned out to be a very solid comedic actor. Still the success or failure of this play rests in the hands of the male lead, and in this production the actor in that role truly delivered.  This actor was obviously  a seasoned veteran.  He possessed a suburb comic timing and was a master of the "take."

A very enjoyable DVD.

I wonder why the lead didn't send me a copy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up