Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PITH AND VINEGAR  (Read 17774 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:PITH AND VINEGAR
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2004, 03:27:15 PM »

But I don't think we'll have bells on.  I don't own any bells, and der B's leisure suits from ages past are mothballed somewhere where he can't get to them easily.   ::)

Did you have anything to do with that?
[/size][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2004, 03:41:54 PM »

Really????  How wonderful.  I can't wait to see you both.  And besides, I have a bitch-slap to deliver to you, young man, from everyone here at HHW!

Oh, NO!
No bitch-slapping is in order on such occasion, even for you cyber son, Mr Scrooge!

François de Paris

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2004, 03:44:56 PM »

But the audience does begin to arrive...

Our very own Mr. Nick Redman (who arrived despite a terrible headache)...

Hmmmm!
Looks like a CIA man to me! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2004, 03:46:27 PM »

Our very own and very charming Miss Tammy Minoff....

.... doing a commercial for that US Coffee chain of stores?

(You've Got Mail!?!)

François de Paris

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2004, 03:47:59 PM »

bk is Happy!

.... doing a commercial for..... D. C. !! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2004, 03:53:34 PM »

A Still Life of LES OEUVRES DE BK PLUS CAKE AND COKE...

Hmmm.

It's funny how i don't remember a cover with chocolate chip cookies in a tall glass for one of BK's books!!! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2004, 03:54:47 PM »

Woohoo! Paul Haber...I wonder if I can arrange to somehow meet him next time I am in L.A.!

Well.... write a book and have a reading there! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2004, 03:56:52 PM »

TCB - We were there in spirit. And you were FABULOUS!

Are we talking cyber-sex here??? :o

Oops!
Don't mind me! :-[

François de Paris

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2004, 03:58:22 PM »

Jose - I think that mouse was an omen telling you that you're right in wanting to leave!

Wait!

Walt made a fortune out of a mouse!

Jose might duplicate that!

DON'T TOUCH MICKEY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2004, 04:18:21 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  We had a perfectly perfect signing - our biggest group of folks ever, and it was swellegant.  Francois, the parisienne cake you found is nothing like ours here - ours is pictured - chocolate (light) with yellow cake.  It was yummilicious.  After the signing, Miss Tammy, Miss Melissa Ficociello (the What If set designer), Mr. Paul and myself went next door to Don Cuco's and had quite a bit of Mexican food.

May I just say that these postings today are wonderfully wonderful and probably the most exceptional postings on all the Internet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2004, 04:18:54 PM »

I have laid out stuff to go into my overnight bag, and it shall now take me all of about thirty seconds to put in.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2004, 04:49:58 PM »

DRPANNI - yes it was like being there.....almost like being there.  What wonderful photos.  And just when I was about to ask you who the two men in black leather jackets were....the question was answered.  In the first picture they looked suspiciously like cake thieves - but then lo and behold, it turns out to be Mr Haber and DR JAY'S friend.

Congratulations to the scribe!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

François de Paris

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2004, 05:01:10 PM »

Sorry, Danise!
As BK posted, I was wrong about the cake!
I guess we call it Los Angelesienne Cake here...

BUT, after some Internet searching, guess what I've found, dated November 9, 1998?

This!......... and I have NO IDEA whoever wrote that!!

"The Real A: A Life

Before we delve into Miss Meryle Secrest's searing account of the weird and wacky life of me, may I just tell you, dear readers, that my dinner party was lovely. My famous beef strogonoff went over with a bang (no mean feat), my salad with dressing was eaten, rolls were ingested with and without butter, and the conversation was stimulating. Then came the dessert, my famous Parisienne Cake fresh from the bakery. Now, I have been buying and eating this particular cake since I was a teen (neet spelled backwards). It was a favorite of my mother's and I have carried on the tradition of said cake. So, imagine my surprise when I took a bite of my beloved Parisienne Cake and tasted rum! Yes, you heard it here, dear readers, rum! The problem with tasting rum (mur spelled backwards) in my beloved Parisienne Cake is that there is not supposed to be rum in my beloved Parisienne Cake. There is only supposed to be yellow cake and yummy chocolate. No rum. Sans rum. Exeunt rum. Outski with the rumski. So, there we all were, eating Parisienne Cake with rum, which meant we were not eating Parisienne Cake at all. We were eating rum cake. I don't know about you, dear readers, but I find rum heinous (heinous, do you hear me?). I do not like the rum in any way, shape or form. Rum is simply a flavor that has gone awry in my book (Chapter 139 - The Awry Flavor Of Rum). Well, I was most embarrassed by the Rum Cake (nee Parisienne). My guests pretended to like it, but I knew otherwise. So, this morning I took the remains of the former Parisienne turned Rum Cake back from whence it came. The people at the bakery were mortified to find rum in their Parisienne Cake. A mistake had been made, of that there was no doubt, said the bakery people. They were contrite. They offered me a brand spanking new Parisienne Cake at no charge. I took the cake (yes, you heard it here, dear readers, I take the cake) and now have an entire Parisienne Cake all to myself. You know that I cannot let that Parisienne Cake just sit there like so much fish, no, I'm going to have to eat the Parisienne Cake, eat it until I am lying prone on the rug unable to move. Hence, I better finish writing this here column, because once I start on that Parisienne Cake there will be no doing anything but lying prone on the rug."

François de Paris

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2004, 05:12:12 PM »

Well, since noone's here and there's no Parisienne cake left, i'm stuffing myself with Chocolates with mint filling (from Finland) that some hotel guests from Sweeden have offered me tonight; a whole 17.6 oz box!

Ain't that nice?

I now have an After Eight Breath! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2004, 05:14:29 PM »

Oh!

17.6 oz = 500 G. or half a kilo!

It says here (oh, a.... sorry!) "Store in a cool and dry place"
My mouth is just that!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 05:15:28 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2004, 05:16:21 PM »

The Hills Are Alive,
And It's Pretty Frightening!

François de Paris

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2004, 05:18:01 PM »

Noël,

I believe YOUR holiday is coming up soon!

(Oh, I'm SO FUNNY!)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2004, 05:27:45 PM »

The reading/signing was real swell!  Dear BK was in fine form and I can assure you there are words in Writer's Block that appear nowhere in the Kritzer trilogy!

And thank you, Dear Reader Panni, for having the presence to bring a camera to document the big event!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2004, 05:33:32 PM »

Hopefully the NYC sojourn and soiree' will be likewise captured for posterity.  Posterity is very interested in having it captured.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2004, 05:33:57 PM »

TCB - your new avatar is very nice!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2004, 05:39:13 PM »

TCB - your new avatar is very nice!  

Thank you, sir.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2004, 06:15:56 PM »

Very Sondheim-esque!

Danise

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »

Evening all!

I’m so glad you had a nice reading, BK!  I’m only sorry I couldn’t make it!  Thank you, Panni, for the GREAT pictures!  

So when are they going to come up with transporters like in Star Trek so we could beam out to spend a day with our friends?  

Just think, we could pop in to see BK’s reading, then step into the chamber in time to see TCB’s play or one of Jrands or Joses.  Wouldn’t that be nice?

Thank you , Francois de Paris and Jose for trying to show me what a parisienn cake looks like.  It does look good and sounds yummy.

A “seedless pomegranate”,  I never heard of such a thing!  Sounds wonderful, considering I shouldn’t eat them because of the seeds.  Where did you get one, Dan-In-Toronto?  I would LOVE to try one.

Jose, you have a case of itchy feet and want to move?  You are a travelin’ man!  :D

JMK, it’s so nice to see you again!  You were missed.

TCB, I like the new photo as well.

I just finished watching Star Wars.  I believe I saw at least some of the changes, most notable the new Jaba/Han scene.  They must have scraped that one off the cutting room floor.  

I've also enjoyed the TOD stories but some of them made me want to cry as well.  

I don't know where I got my love of theater.  I don't honestly remember any one person who pushed me in that direction.  In fact, I remember my Mother saying how much she hated the movie musicals.  There are loads of them that I have never seen.  

It seems that I only saw them when I got my own tv in my room and "discovered", The King and I and movies like that and learned that I really liked them.

The only real childhood musical movie I remember was The Wizard of Oz.

Even now I have to wait until my Mom goes to bed to watch anything of a musical nature like my Michael Ball/Crawford concerts or Sarah Brightman.  

It's 54 degrees here in the land of SunShine.  Burrrr! Time for the old heating blanket!   :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2004, 06:25:18 PM »

Off to the Garden again.. don't tell anyone, it's a Secret Garden.  I'm told this production employs the use of "Garden Fairy's" as their crew.  I'm hoping I don't have a view of the stage!  

Michael

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2004, 06:34:39 PM »

Writing writing writing. At last my hands are complete again!
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2004, 06:38:18 PM »

Good Evening!

But first, we nap...

I guess sometime shortly after I posted my last post, I somehow drifted off to NapLand on the couch.  I was out of it for about 45 minutes.  Then I took my walk.  And, Baby!  It's cold outside!  But it was a nice walk nonetheless.  Of course, as soon as I got to the grocery store, I realized I had left my wallet at home, so no snack for me!  Ah, well...

When I got back, I cobbled together something resembling dinner.  I think.

:-X

And now it's "Trading Spaces" and whatever else I happen to come across on TV tonight.

No more mice sightings, but I don't think I'll be walking around barefoot tonight.

:o
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2004, 06:40:27 PM »

In my search around this wonderful www of ours I was sad to find out that a fav actress of mine who a had a brief career in the 60's died three years ago from cancer. Miss Deborah Walley from Gidget to Elvis to The Mothers-in-law and ending up with Benji
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2004, 06:42:30 PM »

Not to be confused with Debbie Watson who was Tammy on TV and in the movies and was one of the Marilyns from the 60's The Munsters who is still alive.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2004, 06:56:48 PM »

Ah yes, DRMS....Deborah died on a lovely May Day a couple of years ago.  

She and Michael Callan played opposite each other in BON VOYAGE and GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN.  She was married for awhile to Mr John Ashley and I think they had two sons.

One of my favorites of all her films is SUMMER MAGIC - as cousin Julia who believes she is rich and comes to stay "temporarily" with the family of Dorothy McGuire - whose kids are Jimmy Mathers, Eddie Hodges,and Hayley Mills.  When the kids find out she is coming they sing a song called "The Pink of Perfection" mentioning all her faults.  The youngest boy tells his dog:  "Boy, I can't wait to see HER!"  

After hearing the catalog of her imperfections, as Julia climbs out of the car, a disappointed Peter cries out to Hayley Mills:  "Heck, she's not knock-kneed, Nancy!"

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2004, 07:07:53 PM »

Barnes & Noble was jumping today!  The time flew by, but now my feet are killing me.  As my friend Val says, the dogs are barkin'!

Did you wear your good shoes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up