Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HINDSIGHT IS TWENTY TWENTY  (Read 53522 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:HINDSIGHT IS TWENTY TWENTY
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »

I am still not the father despite what the DNA tests.

Trust me.  I believe you.  Really, I do.  Trust me.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #361 on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 13 I'M LEAVING FOR HOME DANCE[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2007, 07:53:48 PM »

Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2007, 07:57:21 PM »

I know some of you may or may not be mildly interested but I turned the internet soapworld upside down in the past week...

I was a mischief maker last weekend...

Last Wednesday night, Thursday morning I came across new article talking about Matt's new movie, The Unlikely's. It was published in the Bradenton (FL) Herald...

WEll, There was one line in the first article that stated that Matt was coming back to days... I had to read it three times to make sure I had read it correctly.  Their were also additional comments about the movie and who is starring in it.

http://p207.ezboard.com/fthedeverauxc...e?topicID=15863.topic
(link at the conn for the first article.)

The article created such an uproar among the soap boards, etc that it overwhelmed the newspaper with over 200 phonecalls and email. I was even interviewed by the reporter as was another gal i know from another board. The reporter who did the articles had no clue who Matt was or the significance of his remark. He normally covers religion and agriculture. Needless to say it was the soap scoop of the year.....

Teh reporter asked me how I found the articles. My answer was Google!

Here is the second article.
p207.ezboard.com/fthedeverauxc...e?topicID=15892.topic]http://]p207.ezboard.com/fthedeverauxc...e?topicID=15892.topic

Needless to say it was quite the uproar....  I bet Matt is now careful with what he says.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:58:20 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2007, 08:03:30 PM »

I have been working my way through the Elizabeth George novels.  I think I only have three left to read in her detective series.

Did you find the Cuddl Duds (no e in cuddl)?  Sometimes I wear one over the other for extra layering.  They are great for the spring and fall too.  Ski shops usually have thin, but warm socks.  Remember several lighter layers can be warmer than one bulky layer.

Yes, JANE, I found the Cuddl Duds. Thanks again for the website reference. I find that there is an art to layering. I make a point now of keeping one pair of jeans that is just a bit big for easier layering. Much to learn!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »

They're having a Chocolate Throwdown, or something like that, on the Food Network.  My kind of sporting event.

I don't think I even want to ask!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »

Jeanne, the cuddle duds are nice....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »

DRs JANE, CILLALIZ, and now DAKOTA CELT all like Cuddl Duds! I'll just have to get me a pair. Maybe we can add Cuddl Duds to the Kritzerland merchandise line-up. What about it, BK?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:05 PM »

In gazelle prints or perhaps we can loan them to the cows so they could be fashionably warm

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

It sounds like BK's problems are getting worked out--the Colony theatre, the mail place, plus getting lots of writing done--AND FUDGE TO BOOT!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »

I finished CHARLIE CHAN AT THE OPERA and was pleased that I did guess the murderer's identity. Of course, it helps that the mystery was one of the easier ones in the Chan film canon. Still, I enjoyed it very much.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »

I'm still puzzled by the Chocolate Throwdown. "Throw on" I understand, as in throwing on the pounds. "Throw up" I understand, as in having eating far too much. Throwdown still puzzles me. Could it have something to do with Cuddl Duds?

Matt H.

« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

Next, I finished the AMERICAN IDOL episode I had started last night. Was able to do it pretty quickly since there were a few good singers and a lot of lousy ones.

On to the Hollywood rounds next week.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »

On that note, I shall say good night. Sweet dreams, everyone. I'll be dreaming about chocolate Cuddl Duds.

Matt H.

« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »

Loved UGLY BETTY. The Justin storyline was so gratifying; I feared for his being allowed to be himself and was so pleased how that worked out. This family is truly unique and most welcome on television.

Was glad to see Daniel and Alexis working things out and Betty coming to some conclusions with Walter.

And a great bomb lobbed at us at the end by the mother. Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2007, 08:31:22 PM »

I also realized while watching UGLY BETTY tonight that it has now replaced CSI: MIAMI in my eyes as the most visually pleasing show broadcast in high definition. It's truly gorgeous to look at and a true rainbow of colors at Betty's home and at the MODE offices.

Matt H.

« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2007, 08:32:45 PM »

GREY'S ANATOMY put on one of its patented high drama outings that in tone was exactly like the bomb episodes of last year. And since we have two more episodes before this particular story arc is played out, there's a lot of high drama ahead.

Matt H.

« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »

CSI had one of the somberest episodes in its seven year history tonight as a story of a dead hooker and a dead Trenton, NJ cop was played out. By the end, Catherine was devastated, Grissom was acting like a schoolboy (and has regrown his beard in an even shaggier version that is very unbecoming), and the team took a hit that may consequences in future episodes.

The best CSI episode in months, maybe all season.

Matt H.

« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:37 PM »

Young guys shaving their chests? Um . . . . they're also shaving their arms and legs - completely unnatural and a complete and total turnoff for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »

Well... It's been a long day, and tomorrow - and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that will also be long days.  -Actor briefing at 8:00AM!  -Buffet breakfast - FREE! - starts at 6:00AM.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »

Heading downstairs to bed as well.

Good night!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #381 on: February 08, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

Answering Jack and Richard III queries from page five.  I've not read the Patricia Cornwell book, Jack the Ripper...Case Closed.  I have it, but it has been pretty much vilified by every eminent Ripperologist for its shoddy research and basically rehashing an already discredited theory.  

The best books on the subject for me our Donald Rumbelow's THE COMPLETE JACK THE RIPPER (Also known as Jack the Ripper, the Complete Casebook) and anything by Martin Fido or Paul Begg is usually competent and well-researched.  Rumbelow was a Scotland Yard detective and had access to the files.  He is the acknowledged expert (along with the other gentlemen mentioned above) and also does tours in London for the Jack the Ripper Walk.  We took it with him as our guide at night which was fascinating.

The best Richard III bio is by Paul Murray Kendall.  I like lawyer Bert Fields' ROYAL BLOOD book on the princes' mystery defending Richard against Alison Weir's book on the same subject(which I've not read).  The Trial of Richard III, based on a BBC television program, is also iinteresting. Lots of good fiction on the subject, most notably Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »

Richard's limp may indeed may be the significant source of the need of the phallic symbolism of the tower.

The historic Richard didn't have a limp or a hump or a withered arm, all from Shakespeare via the distortions of Thomas More, who happened to be raised in the house of John Morton, the Bishop of Ely, and one of Richard's greatest enemies.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

I see as I read on, that Elmore has already dissed Cornwell appropriately and thoroughly with the right details and I'm merely piling on.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2007, 09:19:31 PM »

I was just curious if you had seen the book also. I was not impressed with it either... I know only of the other title due to the fact I had to place it on the cart for reshelving.

I will check out the other two titles, CP.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #385 on: February 08, 2007, 09:30:34 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely meal with Mr. Cason Murphy.  When I arrived, I asked to be seated at a booth.  At that time there were four empty booths.  I was told that they had to hold those for larger parties and I said, "Oh, you're expecting larger parties - hope they arrive."  We were seated at a small table for two, which I hate, being a semi-claustrophobe at all.  Moments later, people at a booth left, and that meant there were five open booths, then six.  Then a party of three came in and it was back to five.  It remained at five throughout most of the meal, then they began seating couples at booths, three booths' worth to be exact.  I'd had enough of that particular show, so I confronted the hostess - she got very uppity and said those people had reservations - I basically told her she was full of crap and that I'd be happy to go over to their tables and ask.  She apologized and said it was "orders from on high" and I said horse manure and she suggested next time that I call and reserve a booth.  I said there probably won't be a next time.  Tomorrow, I call the manager and explain to him the situation and reality.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »

Now to finish a DVD.

Cillaliz

« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

The best Richard III bio is by Paul Murray Kendall.  I like lawyer Bert Fields' ROYAL BLOOD book on the princes' mystery defending Richard against Alison Weir's book on the same subject(which I've not read).  The Trial of Richard III, based on a BBC television program, is also iinteresting. Lots of good fiction on the subject, most notably Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time.

I first became interested in Richard III through The Daughter of Time.  I also have and enjoyed Royal Blood

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2007, 09:31:11 PM »

But first, will we never get to page fourteen?

Cillaliz

« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »

I don't know...but I know I must get some rest.  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up