Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PORTLAND STORIES  (Read 16395 times)

Cillaliz

Re: PORTLAND STORIES
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »

Sounds like a productive shopping day, DR Cillaliz!  I need to shop for some new clothes, especially pants because most of mine are looking like clown pants already.  And I lo-o-o-ove Coldwater Creek, too!

Is Coldwater Creek a women's clothing store?  I think they are the ones that send me all of the emails about various sales.

Yes. you can see the webpage at www.coldwatercreek.com

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »

I had the greatest time at Comic Con today.

I sold more books in one day than I have ever sold anywhere.

And, not just the memoir.  I had 5 different titles with me and sold 2 of them out completely.

I am a very happy camper.

:)

GREAT!  I was looking for the "like" button to click, but forgot where I was :)

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »

Yes, DR TCB, Coldwater Creek sells women's clothes and accessories.  I've shopped there since it was just a catalog store based in Sandpoint, Idaho.  They now have stores all over, including an outlet store at the outlet mall that's about an hour from our home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »

Does anyone have a tv with internet apps?   It would be a huge pain to put cable in the room I want to do, so I'm thinking about one of the tvs with wireless so it could connect to my internet connection and an internal antenna.  then I could watch the netflix movies and get my local channels without cable in that room. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »

Oh Ginny!  I'd love to go to a Coldwater outlet store

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »

I watched a very strange movie this afternoon.  CIRQUE DU FREAKS; THE VAMPIRE'S ASSISTANT

Very very strange, but I guess I really enjoyed it.  It is apparently based on Part One of yet another, vampire trilogy.

When I first switched to the channel, the movie was being shown on HBO Spanish language channel.  I thought it was some strange Spanish film, until I realized that the lead actor was John C. Reilly.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

I really hate the style right now, where you wear your clothes a size too small.  Like the lady in the red sweater on the coldwater creek website.  I want to say, you should try the next size....and by the way, tuck your shirt in, it's sticking out underneath your jacket

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »

Sounds like a productive shopping day, DR Cillaliz!  I need to shop for some new clothes, especially pants because most of mine are looking like clown pants already.  And I lo-o-o-ove Coldwater Creek, too!

Is Coldwater Creek a women's clothing store?  I think they are the ones that send me all of the emails about various sales.

Yes. you can see the webpage at www.coldwatercreek.com

That would be the one.  I don't know how they got my e-mail address, probably from when I started getting that subscription to Bride's Magazine.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2010, 06:13:31 PM »

I really hate the style right now, where you wear your clothes a size too small.  Like the lady in the red sweater on the coldwater creek website.  I want to say, you should try the next size....and by the way, tuck your shirt in, it's sticking out underneath your jacket

Last weekend, when I went to visit my cousin; I wore the sweatshirt I got on the Titanic Expedition.  My cousin, who is also a Titanic freak, accused me of weatring the shirt because I was being a showoff about having been to the site.  I said, "Hell no.  I am showing off that I can still wear a sweatshirt that I bought fourteen years ago."
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2010, 06:17:53 PM »

Congratulations DR Druxy for the book sales today.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »

Yay, Druxy!

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »

Oh Ginny!  I'd love to go to a Coldwater outlet store

Well, it's about halfway between here and Columbus.  In fact, I just had to discard a blazer that I bought there 10 years ago on my way to a library conference.  I remember when it was because I'd sit in my hotel room and watch the 2000 election fiasco unfold during lunch breaks and in the evenings.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:11 PM »

I didn't even know those turkey roasts existed. I have never seen that before. I wonder if they sell that here.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of a TV series called LEGEND OF THE SEEKER?  It apparently ran only two seasons, but I have never heard of it.  Both seasons are available for $17.97 during this 50% off sale.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

Thank you for Richard's birthday wish, DR John G!

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

I just spent an hour preparing batter for 2 batches of banana muffins/breads and one batch of blueberry muffins.

I thought I would make the batter tonight and then bake them tomorrow.

But now I'm pooped.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »

DR Druxy also had a productive day - congratulations!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »

I guess I should probably sign off and stop bothering everyone.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of a TV series called LEGEND OF THE SEEKER?  It apparently ran only two seasons, but I have never heard of it.  Both seasons are available for $17.97 during this 50% off sale.

I've never heard of it but I just found this blurb:

Legend of the Seeker
Millions of readers the world over have been held spellbound by this valiant tale vividly told. Now, enter Terry Goodkind's world, the world of The Sword of Truth. In the aftermath of the brutal murder of his father, a mysterious woman, Kahlan Amnell, appears in Richard Cypher's forest sanctuary seeking help...and more. His world, his very beliefs, are shattered when ancient debts come due with thundering violence. In their darkest hour, hunted relentlessly, tormented by treachery and loss, Kahl...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »

Happy Birthday to Father Richard!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »

I'm going to go watch THE CLOSER from this week. We are currently in the middle of season 5.

Then I am going to watch AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. Since I don't get the CW it airs here on Saturdays at 10pm (which doesn't really matter except for the finale).

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

DR TCB, I can't imagine who you are bothering....I'm always glad to see you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »

Congrats to DR DRUXY on his success.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »

DR TCB - I don't know from that tv show either.....but if I see a full season of shows on DVD tossed in a bin for $5 - I usually buy it.

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »

I wonder how many Halloween smarties make one real chocolate bar. I was going to ask anyone if they knew how many smarties there were in a regular size packet. But then I just realized that nobody here probably even knows what smarties are.  Which is very weird to me because it is one of the most popular chocolates in Canada. It's basically like M+Ms, except all different colors and not as round. I love these.

The little Halloween packs have 10-11 in each one. So I figure if I eat 3 or4 it must be similar to a regular size box. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »

Nice Kat Photos, DR CILLA LIZ.....LOL....no with cats, one is never alone.

Merlin the Magick Kat was bothered by lots of children in the store today. He eventually walked away and hid in the back room with the paper bags and Valentine's Day decorations.  He came out about closing time, so I gave him some Meow Mix Treats to make his day better.  He was glad when I turned off the lights, closed the door and left.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »

Well the Rave in Nave starring MR BK with plenty of HHW'ers in the audience should be starting in about 90 minutes or so.  They might still be noshing somewhere.

I am sure many names are being mentioned.

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »

Well some people have to wear their clothes a size too small. :)

I feel like I must look like this with some of my fitted coats.  Unless my bust grew I feel like a few of my stylish ones are quite fitted.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »

Men's Finals of some kind in the sport of Ice Skating from PORTLAND is taking place on NBCUS in thirty minutes.

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »

Early wake-up for me in the morning, so - 'night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up