Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES AND GOMORRAH  (Read 40184 times)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
Re:NOTES AND GOMORRAH
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »

But I'm pretty sure that the Brain's myspace page has 4 wonderful songs up on it that you should be able to add no problem...

*ahem*
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2007, 07:18:48 PM »

And one for myspace.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »

I'm still laughing about that bunny with the pancake.

Here's another picture, for no good reason.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  

No news is good news, I always say.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2007, 07:58:47 PM »

I'm still laughing about that bunny with the pancake.

Here's another picture, for no good reason.

That's funny! (and I have a cat ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »

Hello! I'm in Omaha. It was an uneventful trip, which is fine with me.   The Sleep Inn is very full tonight.  I had to take a smoking room, which stinks as smoking rooms do, but it has a bed and I will be able to easily get to the airport tomorrow.  

I've heard flights tomorrow to Detroit and other points north are already cancelled. I was thinking it's crazy to go to New York via Dallas, but now I'm thinking it's probably a good idea.  Besides, that should be a long enough flight to get a movie!

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »

TOD - I was thinking about this on the drive down here.  I know there are many and for the life of me the only person I can think of is Nanci Griffith.  She has some great songs that really hit home at different points in my life.  

FJL

« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »

Great travel vibes, Cilla!

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Thanks FJL and thank you all for your patience while I fretted about this today.   I need to email the people at work. I bugged them more about this than I've bugged them in a long time.

Since my boss cancelled his trip, I've decided to wait a little longer to tell him.   He sent me an email telling me to have an excellent trip, so that's cool.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

If I subscribe to digital cable - do ALL the tv's in my house have to be HD to get the premium channels?

Define premium channels. Do you mean the HD channels or channels like HBO, Showtime, etc.

Digital cable is not all high def. No, any TV can get digital cable channels, but only an HDTV can pick up HDTV channels in HD. On a regular TV, HDTV channels would be vacant.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »

Define premium channels. Do you mean the HD channels or channels like HBO, Showtime, etc.

Digital cable is not all high def. No, any TV can get digital cable channels, but only an HDTV can pick up HDTV channels in HD. On a regular TV, HDTV channels would be vacant.

That's not quite true. I can watch the HD channels on my regular tv because my DVR is the same thing they give you to pick up HD on cable. OF course it isn't HD on my tv, but the channels aren't blank

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »

I watched another LAW & ORDER: CI episode from the boxed set. This one featured Shuler Hensley as a bipolar disorder patient.

George

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »

Well, I'm going home.  But first, I want to go to Target and get some kitty treats.  There are three different kinds of the same brand (I forget the name), but Fred Meyer only has two of the kinds.  My cat doesn't really like other brands that I've tried (especially Pounce), but she loves these...whatever they are...but I know what they look like. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »

You know, topics o' the day are very difficult to come up with after six years.  So, when we hit an interesting one and we get so few people addressing it, it makes me just want to stop with the topics.  Not trying to be persnickety, but this one was genuinely interesting, I think.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2007, 08:31:03 PM »

That's not quite true. I can watch the HD channels on my regular tv because my DVR is the same thing they give you to pick up HD on cable. OF course it isn't HD on my tv, but the channels aren't blank

I guess every digital cable box operates differently.

George

« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »

But before I go...

Gratuitous Post #11555!!

;D

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »

Here I am to help address the Topic o' the Day, which is quite a good one.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »

When in Omaha, I think the place to stay is the Ben Franklin Inn on Hwy 80. I've only been in Omaha twice, about 20 years apart, but as fate would have it, both times I stayed at the Ben Franklin.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:37:14 PM by Rodzinski »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »

Hurray! Cillaliz is on her way to NYC!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »

AMERICAN IDOL featured the men again tonight, and there was a one hundred per cent improvement in singing and performance tonight. Yes, there were still some weak contestants, but the strong continued their winning ways, and several like SUndance Head stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park.

I thought Brandon's "Time After Time" and Sanjaya's "Steppin' Out with My Baby" were the weakest by far. Nick wasn't far behind with "Fever" and A.J.'s "Feelin' Good" also was up and down.

But Phil, both Chrises, Blake, and Sundance brought their "A" games tonight and did very, very well.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

An album that hasn't changed my life, because I only just got it, is an album of the songs from the Broadway musical SKYSCRAPER performed by the Hollyridge Singers, a kind of Capitol Records house group. They sound great. This is my first exposure to SKYSCRAPER, and I'm quite enjoying it. I picked it up for a buck still wrapped in plastique.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2007, 08:37:40 PM »

I'm watching a very interesting film entitled Man Of The Year, about which I'll have puhlenty to say, and not necessarily things that you'll be expecting.

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »

I watched the new game show that came on after IDOL, and no dumber people have I ever seen than those two contestants. The man was a UCLA graduate and didn't know what month Columbus Day occurs in? Painful. I wouldn't have watched, but that was 30 minute that I couldn't watch what I had been recording since it wouldn't finish before DIRT came on.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »

Hey, Mom. I have chocolate. Want some?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »

When in Omaha, I think the place to stay is the Ben Franklin Inn on Hwy 80. I've only been in Omaha twice, about 20 years apart, but as fate would have it, both times I stayed at the Ben Franklin.

I'll have to look for that sometime. I stay at the Sleep Inn only because it's just a few blocks from the airport.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »

I have one other Hollyridge album: The Hollyridge Strings perform the songs of the Beatles. It is pretty freaking entetertaining, but did not change my life. I got it on accident. It was hiding in an Al Hirt record sleeve.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »

DIRT had a good episode involving a hostage situation at the magazine's officers when a former child star (obviously modeled on Danny Bonaduce) holds up with a bomb strapped to him and a gun pointed at the editor. Some really surprising developments during the hour.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »

I'll have to look for that sometime. I stay at the Sleep Inn only because it's just a few blocks from the airport.

Sleep Inns still exist? Is that the one that had the little sleepwalking bear as its mascot? When I worked at a Best Western in San Jose, it had been a Sleep Inn years prior and that little bear was still on some of the shower tiles.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:52 PM »

Is that the one that had the little sleepwalking bear as its mascot? When I worked at a Best Western in San Jose, it had been a Sleep Inn years prior and that little bear was still on some of the shower tiles.

I thought the sleepwalking bear was Travelodge...

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:47:06 PM by Cason »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »

I think you are right, Cason, now that I think of it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up