Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RANCID NUTMEATS  (Read 13063 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: RANCID NUTMEATS
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »

PAGE FIVE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »

I would like to formally thank DR Cilla for sticking the Armour Hot Dog Song in my head all day.
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

There is absolutely nothing in my dvd/blu-ray player at the moment, though earlier in the week I did watch the "Creatures" feature on the Ultimate edition of HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN. . .

My dvr will be recording both SUPERNATURAL and GHOST ADVENTURES tonight.

I had a very interesting, and long, telephone call tonight from Sears to renew our warranty on the stove.  The gal and I got to chatting away about retail, restaurants, Black Friday, Christmas traditions, GHOST ADVENTURES, SUPERNATURAL, Guy Fieti and all manner of things.  T
Turns out that she's in the Pacific Northwest: Spokane, to be precise.
A lovely way to renew.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »

Well, the good looks ratio has just improved on this site!
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »

TCB, my dear, YOU are always looking good.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

TCB, my dear, YOU are always looking good.

As are you, my friend.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2010, 05:16:13 PM »

The Emerald Isle thing is National but otherwise I'm no help. I haven't rented a car in years so I don't know which is which or who is who.

Ben

« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

I thought it was Ron Raines but I didn't want to say anything.

I'm very glad. I'm planning a trip to DC to see that production. Elaine Paige as Carlotta doesn't sound right to me but the other casting is great.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:37 PM »

And now that Ben has joined us; we can be Curly, Moe, and Larry.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »

But none of us are bald!

Ben

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »

Or have hair like Larry (the stooge, not Mr. Moore).

Ben

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »

But we are 'mos

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »

I thought it was Ron Raines but I didn't want to say anything.

I'm very glad. I'm planning a trip to DC to see that production. Elaine Paige as Carlotta doesn't sound right to me but the other casting is great.

I really love the first three-fourths of FOLLIES, but, for me, it takes a nosedive when it gets to Loveland.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »

Well, I think it's safe to announce that Mr Ron Raines is playing Ben Stone in FOLLIES; the contract came through today. I didn't want to jinx it by announcing it before things were in place.

On another note, I've got to rent a car in Ohio and I need to know the DRs' opinions on the best and least expensive rentals. I thought the car I rented two years ago was way too high for a week, but I can't remember which company I used!

Good to hear the contract is in!!! :)

Rates vary all the time.  I would check the internet for sales & see who has the best price.  A smaller car will cost less.  Expedia or Travelocity might have better prices but don't count on it.  Always compare the discount sites to what the rental companies have.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »

I think what I object to is taking foods and trying to make them into something else. If you are vegan and opposed to eating pig, why would you create something that reminds you of bacon? Why make mayonnaise that has no eggs in it?

Because if you previously ate those foods you still miss the taste.  I eat soy bacon & hot dogs occasionally when I can find the brands I like. 

I miss the taste of coffee, but decaf can't replicate the mouthfeel of fully caffeinated, so I drink something else. Likewise, carob tastes nothing like chocolate. Carob tastes more like dirt than anything else. And since I'm from Kentucky, I do know what dirt tastes like.

I have never known anyone who could tell the difference between decaf & regular except for the caffeine buz.  I tried carob & would rather do without.
Decaf is thinner, feels more like hot water than coffee.

Keith can't tell the difference.  Have you tried using fresh beans?

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »

My wife had some minor surgery on her hand (trigger finger) this morning, and this is the first time I've had to sit down since we got home.

She's okay, sleeping now, but it did take awhile for her to come out of the anesthetic.

VIBES THE SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS AND YOUR DW HEALS QUICKLY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  the original Broadway cast recording of Sondheim on Sondheim, then a audio compilation CD of video clips of The Manhattan Transfer for a friend of mine.

In my DVD player:  Fosse from Netflix.

On my DVR:  the 1933 movie, "Anthony Adverse."  My niece asked if I could record this on TCM and make a DVD for her.  I can, so I am.

Your niece wanted a copy of ANTHONY ADVERSE!  Why?

Good question...she likes old movies and Olivia de Havilland.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »

Off to the Unemployment Insurance hearing in 28 minutes - this (I guess first) hearing will be by phone.

~~~Vibes For FJL That It All Went Well!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2010, 05:35:01 PM »

Vibes  ;D

Night all.  ;)

@ kinko's (this costs too much) :'(
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »

Well, this morning, we had the interviews to replace me and a decision was made, but it has not yet been announced.  They'll announce early next week. 

George

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »

I'm now leaving work to work concessions for a performance by Ruthie Foster and Eric Bibb called Thanks for the Joy.  It sounds like it'll be a swell evening. :)

Until later!

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »

I would like to formally thank DR Cilla for sticking the Armour Hot Dog Song in my head all day.

You are most welcome ;)  It was stuck in my head so I had to share

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

Ricky and I are in the living room.  Only a couple howling hissing matches and he refuses to go back upstairs.   He'll have to before the night is over.  He's going to have to be in there all day after his next treatment.  But he's having a blast and the girls are really pretty ticked off.   They haven't killed him yet, though, so we're on track

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »

Ricky and I are in the living room.  Only a couple howling hissing matches and he refuses to go back upstairs.   He'll have to before the night is over.  He's going to have to be in there all day after his next treatment.  But he's having a blast and the girls are really pretty ticked off.   They haven't killed him yet, though, so we're on track

How is he refusing? Does he scream "No no" when you carry him up the stairs? I wanna know!

I just spent a delightul 30 minutes watching some familiar old coot play a high school principal with a stick up his butt. It was a charming performance. I think he shows promise and might work again. I was wondering how much of his dapper costumes was wardrobe and what came from his own closet? I recommend it to all DRs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »

The Oaf Above Me is sure stomping around. I'm having Halloween homicidal fantasies at the moment. I think I want something spooky to watch for Halloween, but I'm not sure what.

Tomorrow I can sleep late and that's good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »

If this has been posted before, I apologize. This preview of DANCING UNDER THE GALLOWS is amazing. And heartbreaking. I want to be at Alice's 107th birthday party!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlccsLr48Mw&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:22:11 PM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »

I hope Mrs. Druxy feels better soon!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »

How is he refusing? Does he scream "No no" when you carry him up the stairs? I wanna know!

I just spent a delightul 30 minutes watching some familiar old coot play a high school principal with a stick up his butt. It was a charming performance. I think he shows promise and might work again. I was wondering how much of his dapper costumes was wardrobe and what came from his own closet? I recommend it to all DRs.

Thank you for watching it elmore.  I appreciate it.  (Those were all my clothes.)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

Well, this may be Friday, but I have to work in the morning.  So...........................

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »

Ricky and I are in the living room.  Only a couple howling hissing matches and he refuses to go back upstairs.   He'll have to before the night is over.  He's going to have to be in there all day after his next treatment.  But he's having a blast and the girls are really pretty ticked off.   They haven't killed him yet, though, so we're on track

Pretty much, lol...it's more like MEOW!! ME-OW!! M-E-O-O-O-O-W!!!  Then he sits in his room and howls at the door.   I have given in twice and gone to get him. I'm not going to this time.  He needs to calm down for the night. He's so excited and So wound up.  He's had a great time but it's time to calm down. 

I went up and sat with him for a while and he calmed down and almost fell asleep, but now he's at it again. I hate to be mean, but I'm not going to leave him out overnight until the girls are more accepting.    So i'm going to ignore it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up