Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BURNT SIENNA AND RAW UMBER  (Read 13629 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BURNT SIENNA AND RAW UMBER
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »

I knew Ron Palillo slightly through a mutual friend.  I remember a delightful evening of cut-throat charades at this friend's house where Ron and I were on opposite teams.  I gave their team the play, Bussy D'Ambois, to act out and guess.  Ron responded by giving us a equally obscure title the next round.  My kind of play-for-blood player.  Years later, when he moved to New York, we went to his "garage" sale and bought a beautiful deco lamp from him and a terrific 1920's Victrola for my 78's.  Both items still adorn our home.  He seemed like a very nice man and I certainly enjoyed the brief amount of time I spent with him.

Thank you for the interesting story about him.  The items you purchased sound very nice.  Do you have photos?

Jane

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

Today, I'm going to see my Dad.  I haven't seen him in 22 years.  He's out visiting his sister until tomorrow.  Because I was away and busy before that, I was unable to see him before today, and it was just that my brother, who'd been spending time with him, told me that he wanted to see me.  He divorced my mom 33 years ago, or something like that.  In 1978, I stopped contact with him, but that's another story, nevermind... anyway...  Some time after that he moved to Tennessee.   I saw him in 1990 briefly when his mother passed away and he came out for the funeral.  In 1996, I called him when my great-uncle passed away (as he always loved my great-uncle) and I mentioned to him that I was gay, kinda off the cuff.  (which was fine, whatever)  I contacted him in 2004 or so, just to say hi and I'm alive.  We emailed for a while, sent gifts, etc.  Then I guess we both lost interest and I kept in touch with him through my younger brother who seemed more interested in a relationship with his father than I did.

All in all, I don't blame him for anything anymore.  I mean, what's the point?  What good/bad is it going to do?  I really have no interest in a father/son relationship with him, but he is my father.  Bottom line is he's my biological father, can't change that at all. 

So, I'll make the trek to Sacramento ( 2 hour drive) say hello, catch up, etc, then I'll come home.  I don't feel obligated, but I know it's the "right thing" to do.  Can't really negate the fact that this man had a part in giving me life. 

<and these are the days of our lives>
I also hope that all goes well for you, DR Matthew.  Be glad that you can talk with your Dad.  I'd give anything to be able to talk with mine.

DR Danise you were lucky to have such a devoted father.

FJL

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

So both Celeste Holm and Joan Roberts lived until 95.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »

Reporting on ATC and on Playbill that Joan Roberts of OKLAHOMA fame has died

A great long life - 95 years!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/169081-Joan-Roberts-the-Soprano-Who-Gave-Voice-to-Laurey-in-Oklahoma-Dead-at-95

Thank you for the link.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »

Thanks, DRs JRand and Jane!

What did I miss, Ginny?  I'm trying to page back, but feeling a bit scattered somehow.

"Yesterday afternoon I received a call from the executive director of Middfest International with a plea for some emergency editing of a document that needs to go to press by the end of the week.  I brought home a print copy, which Richard helped me scan and open in word processing.  I worked on it last evening and this afternoon and sent my revision, via email, just before dinner.  During dinner, I received a call telling me that it's "Perfect" - whew!"

Danise

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »

Morning all! 

Not much to say.  Maybe later this week. ;)

Vibes to all.  Hoping everything goes well for DR Elmoore!

Have a wonder filled day!

I hope everything is okay, Danise!  You haven't mentiioned the AC (either one of them) lately, so I assume the problem has been totally fixed.
  Thank you, DR TCB.  My AC/central heat seems to be fine now.  Haven't really heard a word about the house so I don't know what to think.

I guess I could go ahead and tell you that I have a phone job interview tomorrow.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  I haven't had an interview in over ten years so this could go either way.   I can't ask for vibes because I'm not sure about this myself.  Will let you know tomorrow how it goes.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane, for answering DR FJL's question.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »

TOD

Don't remember which colors were favorites, but I'm revisiting the old names on Wikipedia which has a chart you can sort. .....

What a fun list!  I really liked the "precious metals" - copper, gold, and silver.

I loved to color and still do, but now I'm learning to use Copic Markers.

Those colors were never in the boxes I got.  You got the BIG box of Crayola Crayons, didn't you!!??

I always wanted the big box but my mom got me the 48 crayon boxes instead

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:16 PM »

Danise, vibes that it all turns out for the best - whatever the best may be

Jane

« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane, for answering DR FJL's question.

I admit I had to think about it for a second.

Jane

« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

Danise, vibes that it all turns out for the best - whatever the best may be

Exactly what I was going to say.

Jane

« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »

TOD

Don't remember which colors were favorites, but I'm revisiting the old names on Wikipedia which has a chart you can sort. .....

What a fun list!  I really liked the "precious metals" - copper, gold, and silver.

I loved to color and still do, but now I'm learning to use Copic Markers.

Those colors were never in the boxes I got.  You got the BIG box of Crayola Crayons, didn't you!!??

I always wanted the big box but my mom got me the 48 crayon boxes instead

You had lots of siblings.  I'm surprised you didn't have multiple boxes around the house.  I can't say if I had it or not.  I know I didn't wish I had it.  Between school & home there seemed to be plenty of crayons.  I remember sometimes more "flesh" colored ones were needed if there were several of us coloring in people.

FJL

« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »

What did I miss, Ginny?  I'm trying to page back, but feeling a bit scattered somehow.

"Yesterday afternoon I received a call from the executive director of Middfest International with a plea for some emergency editing of a document that needs to go to press by the end of the week.  I brought home a print copy, which Richard helped me scan and open in word processing.  I worked on it last evening and this afternoon and sent my revision, via email, just before dinner.  During dinner, I received a call telling me that it's "Perfect" - whew!"

That is terrific, Ginny!!

Thanks so much for re-copying it, Jane!    Something's been messed up with the thing that gets me back to where I was when I post while reading otehr posts and I wonder if I do miss a post or two when i go back.  i think I'll make notes and not post until after i catch up form now on.   i seem to missing posts by trying to  reply-post as i go along

Jane

« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »

DR Danise what time is the interview?  Do you have to miss any work for this?

FJL

« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »

That last post of mine had typing syntax in vixmom style since she's gone for a while, LOL.

Jane

« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »

That is terrific, Ginny!!

Thanks so much for re-copying it, Jane!    Something's been messed up with the thing that gets me back to where I was when I post while reading otehr posts and I wonder if I do miss a post or two when i go back.  i think I'll make notes and not post until after i catch up form now on.   i seem to missing posts by trying to  reply-post as i go along

Try opening a second HHW link to post your comments as you go along.  I do this when I'm reading the posts from the previous night.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

That last post of mine had typing syntax in vixmom style since she's gone for a while, LOL.

LOL

FJL

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »

Morning all! 

Not much to say.  Maybe later this week. ;)

Vibes to all.  Hoping everything goes well for DR Elmoore!

Have a wonder filled day!

I hope everything is okay, Danise!  You haven't mentiioned the AC (either one of them) lately, so I assume the problem has been totally fixed.
  Thank you, DR TCB.  My AC/central heat seems to be fine now.  Haven't really heard a word about the house so I don't know what to think.

I guess I could go ahead and tell you that I have a phone job interview tomorrow.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  I haven't had an interview in over ten years so this could go either way.   I can't ask for vibes because I'm not sure about this myself.  Will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Wishing it's whatever you want it to be

Danise

« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »

10:30.  I'll just take a break and go into the small room we have with my cell phone.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

Thank you all for the good wishes.  This job would be in Ybor city so I would not be able to ride the bus any more and would have to drive every day.  And it would be a lateral move for me so no more money.  That's why I'm not sure at this point.  If it costs more to work there, I want to make sure I will be happy with it. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »

I'll try that, Jane.  Can you actually quote from one window to another?

Danise

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

'Night all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

KevinH

« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »

Good evening.

KevinH

« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »

DR elmore mentioned Annalene Beechey (sp?).   It was just a little over a year that I saw her and Kim Criswell at the Lerner and Loewe concert.  They were both great!

Jane

« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

10:30.  I'll just take a break and go into the small room we have with my cell phone.

Good.  I gather the small room is private. 

Jane

« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »

No.  I type "from DR....", copy & pate & quote.  Or I simply comment.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »

It never fails, as soon as I purchase eBooks the ones I have on hold at the library become available & I have too many to read.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »

Tired tonight. May turn in early. But I probably won't.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

Good.  I gather the small room is private. 

Yes, I hope so, Danise.  Unless they're Ok with your making the call.

FJL

« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »

No.  I type "from DR....", copy & pate & quote.  Or I simply comment.

Got it. Beats the heck out of trying to remember where I was..   there was a previous edition of HHW where i don;t recall having this issue, or maybe I'm just mis-remembering.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up