Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BURNT SIENNA AND RAW UMBER  (Read 13472 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BURNT SIENNA AND RAW UMBER
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were burnt and raw, and now it is time for you to post until the burnt and raw cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BURNT SIENNA AND RAW UMBER
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: BLOVIATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:42:57 AM »

Ben

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:21 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 02:54:34 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »

Woke up early thanks to nightmares of exploding helicopters that I couldn't get on. I was in some kind of evacuation. Actress Wendy McKenna playing another character. I was aware it was Wendy McKenna playing someone else but I didn't question it. I missed the two helicopters because I went back to my house (a beach bungalow of some kind which in reality is not mine and is not anyone's I know) turn off the lights and get my laptop.

Other than I am flying to Montreal tomorrow (I don't mind flying) I don't know where this dream came out of.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept very poorly last night. I got back from the rehearsal very unhappy with the schedule for the chorus rehearsals; I had lost one because of the dread BUDGET, and I believe I need it back. The chorus I heard last night was beautiful, limpid, and ready to sing something classical, but they sound nothing like a Broadway chorus, and because of THE BUDGET, I'm not sure I have enough time to get them where I feel they should be. I was told the rehearsal was to go until 10, and the chorus was dismissed at 9! Outside of telling them the basic plot, I got no time to work with them. I was not pleased.

So, at 2:30am, I sent an email to everyone over my unhappiness with the rehearsal last night.

So, I just had a long phone call with Jonathan about the situation and we will aim for an extra hour on Thursday.

I plan to spend a bit of time this morning on postcards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tuesday Vibes to one and all!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:10:33 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 03:30:28 AM »

Morning all! 

Not much to say.  Maybe later this week. ;)

Vibes to all.  Hoping everything goes well for DR Elmoore!

Have a wonder filled day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:36:49 AM »

Good morning, all.

Dead tired.  Absolutely dead tired.  Yesterday was stressful enough, thankyouverymuch.  I finally relaxed over a too-late libation, snacked, stayed up to all hours -- and capped the night off by listening to the podcast, which is EXCELLENT.  Boy, what a difference it makes when you have not one, not two, but three (3) interviewers who are knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and great conversationalists to boot.

Of course I forgot you can download these things.  Duh.  Will do so now.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:50 AM »

Had a doozey of a nightmare last night.  I was in a house that I didn't recognize.  I was in a long hallway leading to a partially closed door from which there were sounds of a violent struggle.  As I approached the door, a long haired cat padded in front of me, blocking my way.  It stared at the doorway, then at me.  And it opened its mouth to hiss at me.  And it had a mouthful of long needle-like teeth like the creature in ALIEN.  And it began to get closer---and closer--and closer--and then I woke up...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:20 AM »

I am having for lunch a sandwich of cheddar cheese, cucumber, and mayo; it's quite delicious.

For my exercise, I walked down Grafton Street to Spencer & Marks dept store and purchased a new pair of trousers. In about 30 minutes I will be off to rehearse with our leading lady Annalene Beechey.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »

TOD:

Favorite crayons:  Lime Green, Yellow Green and Green Yellow

Toy I wish they would bring back:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:32 AM »

Hmmm...I did try to resize that pic on Photobucket, but they changed their tools and I guess the saving function is buggy.  But it doesn't seem too big.  If folks complain of widescreen, I'll replace it.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »

I'll listen to the podcast now...
-- Anaïs Nin

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 06:03:30 AM »

Okay, wait, so how do you simply download it?  I'm clicking the "download" button which opens another tab and starts playing it.  But I don't want to play it -- I want to download the mp3 file for later.

Call me:  Podcast Ignoramus.   :)

Ben

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:18:02 AM »

Okay, wait, so how do you simply download it?  I'm clicking the "download" button which opens another tab and starts playing it.  But I don't want to play it -- I want to download the mp3 file for later.

Call me:  Podcast Ignoramus.   :)

I use Firefox and when I clicked on Download I got a dialog box which asked if I wanted to open the file or save it. I clicked Save and OK and it saved the file as an mp3 and I'll listen to it later.

I don't know what browser you're using. It sounds like you don't get the open or save option.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:56 AM »

TOD

Don't remember which colors were favorites, but I'm revisiting the old names on Wikipedia which has a chart you can sort.  These are from 1903-1949:

Bittersweet.  Brick Red.  Carnation Pink.  Cornflower.  Magenta.  Mahogany.  Maroon.  Midnight Blue.  Periwinkle.  Pine Green.  Red Violet.

And of course the notorious "Flesh" and "Indian Red".

Oh, this is interesting:  Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber are dated 1958.  As familiar as those are, I would have thought they were from the earlier years. 

Goldenrod, too.  What else did I know Goldenrod from?  Paper color?

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »

I'm on Chrome, and just figured it out (and not for the first time -- I've had to ask this before!).  I have to RIGHT-click on the button or link, and select "Save link as..."   Bad terminology, methinks.

Anyhoo, got it!  Thanks for helping to jog my memory, DR Ben.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 06:36:59 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes that Elmore can get his chorus sounding like the vocal equivalent of jazz hands.

Vibes for all the rest of us.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 06:37:21 AM »

TOD, Part the Second --

Toys I wish they would bring back?  The Aurora Universal Monsters models!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 07:10:46 AM »

TOD:

Pine green, magenta, black, midnight blue.

While I didn't like the color too much, I did love the word periwinkle. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »

hello, goodbye

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 07:21:02 AM »

It is my duty to report that Coke is It!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:16 AM »

Listening to the podcast.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »

TOD:

You're asking such difficult questions these days. 

I have no memory of what my favorite crayons were 60+ years ago.

:P

I do recall that, when I was about 10-11, I had a toy printing press and I published my own little newspaper. 

Perhaps that's what started me on the road to ruin (i.e. to become a writer).

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 07:28:21 AM »

Today, I'm going to see my Dad.  I haven't seen him in 22 years.  He's out visiting his sister until tomorrow.  Because I was away and busy before that, I was unable to see him before today, and it was just that my brother, who'd been spending time with him, told me that he wanted to see me.  He divorced my mom 33 years ago, or something like that.  In 1978, I stopped contact with him, but that's another story, nevermind... anyway...  Some time after that he moved to Tennessee.   I saw him in 1990 briefly when his mother passed away and he came out for the funeral.  In 1996, I called him when my great-uncle passed away (as he always loved my great-uncle) and I mentioned to him that I was gay, kinda off the cuff.  (which was fine, whatever)  I contacted him in 2004 or so, just to say hi and I'm alive.  We emailed for a while, sent gifts, etc.  Then I guess we both lost interest and I kept in touch with him through my younger brother who seemed more interested in a relationship with his father than I did.

All in all, I don't blame him for anything anymore.  I mean, what's the point?  What good/bad is it going to do?  I really have no interest in a father/son relationship with him, but he is my father.  Bottom line is he's my biological father, can't change that at all. 

So, I'll make the trek to Sacramento ( 2 hour drive) say hello, catch up, etc, then I'll come home.  I don't feel obligated, but I know it's the "right thing" to do.  Can't really negate the fact that this man had a part in giving me life. 

<and these are the days of our lives>

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »

Dan the Man -

Discussion of phlegm on All That Chat reminds me -

Any reaction to the possibility of DO THE FLEHHH! as a follow-up to DO THE SKA! or DO THE TWIST!

or is the matter still with your trademark lawyers before you can comment?

FJL

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »

Vibes that the visit goes well, Matthew.

Do you ever visit NY, Matthew?  Hope you'll make time to see some DRs if you do!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »

TOD:

My favourite crayola colour was the one I needed at the particular moment to make what I was colouring interesting.

I used to love the Marx Sets:  I had at various times, a farm set, a knight set, a Roy Rogers western set, a Captain Gallant foreign legion set, a Civil War set.  They all came with many people, horses, pieces, usually some sort of structure...a ranch house, castle, barn, etc.

I also liked the Hartland Western characters...These were plastic figures five-six inches tall, on a horse, with removeable hats, saddles, guns, rifles, swords...I still have My Robert E. Lee figure and my George Custer figure and their horses, as well as a battered Roy Rogers and Trigger.  Most of the accoutrements are lost or broken...broken stirrups, lost guns and swords, Custer's hat.   There is an online resource that deals in selling these lost or broken items to reconstittute your figure.  This Hartland line had a figure and horse for almost every TV cowboy at the time and several historical figures (my brother had George Washington).

FJL

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »

Coping vibes to elmore!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up