Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WARSAW CONCERTO  (Read 35489 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:WARSAW CONCERTO
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »

Minnesota and North Dakota Temperature Conversion Chart...

60 above...
Floridians wear coats, gloves and woolly hats.
Minnesotans and North Dakotans sunbathe.

50 above...
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Minnesotans and North Dakotans plant gardens.

40 above...
Italian cars won't start.
North Dakotans and Minnesotans drive with the windows down.

32 above...
Distilled water freezes.
Lake Superior's water begins to thicken.

20 above...
Arizonians shiver uncontrollably.
North Dakotans and Minnesotans have one last cook-out before it gets cold.

15 above...
New York landlords finally turn up the heat after receiving a summons.
North Dakotans and Minnesotans throw on a sweatshirt.

0 degrees...
Texans invade Mexico.
North Dakotans and Minnesotans give the bicycle one last spin.

20 below...
People in Miami cease to exist.
Minnesotans and North Dakotans get out their winter coats.

40 below...
California freeways are desolate.
Minnesota and North Dakota Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.

60 below...
Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica.
Minnesota and North Dakota Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 below...
Mt. St. Helen's freezes over.
Minnesota and North Dakota residents rent a few videos for the evening.

100 below...
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Minnesotans and North Dakotans get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

297 below...
Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.
Minnesota cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2008, 03:31:37 PM »

Guess I'll have to go to the source...

Question for bk: Why was DR Jane surprised when you called to tell her you were getting married 40 years ago?

Maybe she thought I wasn't the marrying kind?  Maybe she knew more than I that I didn't really care for the gal I was about to wed?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »

I've written about five pages so far - will definitely write a couple more before I leave, but I'm hoping someone can tell me if I should go see this film - I'm really thinking I might not go, unless there's some compelling reason to see it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »

The Girl Scout Cookie quote is from THE ADDAMS FAMILY.

DR Jose!  I love Matthew Morrison, too!   ;)

ALL DRs, Viggo Mortensen will be in Pittsburgh filming a movie!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08016/849427-42.stm
Shall we all become extras?

Viggo Mortensen has never really impressed me, except for his eyes.  Of course, I haven't Eastern Promises - yet!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »

Viggo used to be on Search for Tomorrow
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

Assuming everything works out with everyone's schedules, it's now looking like our Seattle schedule for THE LAST STARFIGHTER will start after tax season after all, so my worries about my not being able to be fully available during the process are gone.  I may still have to fly back and forth one extra time for work reasons, but being after tax season will make it even easier for me to be available at pretty much all hours.  And of course Skip will be out there for the entire two weeks, with no interruptions.

Ahhh, I know my brain has been fuzzy for the last six weeks (okay, more than that), but what Seattle schedule for THE LAST STARFIGHTER?  Is Village doing the show?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR NOEL!
[/color]

(Don't stay away so long.)
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2008, 03:46:47 PM »

TCB, to repeat what i wrote way above:  I'm not sure what they're calling it (maybe it's officially labeled a workshop?), but it will be a chance to try a few things we've wanted to try since NYMF and see how they work in front of an audience, with some flexibility of changing things from one day to the next.  The rehearsal rules at NYMF didn't allow us to try new things once we opened.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »

T.O.D.

One of the hundreds of LPs that I got from Columbia Record Club back in the 60s (most of them ordered beause I forgot to return that stupid card), was an LP that contained WARSAW CONCERTO, AMERICAN IN PARIS, RHAPSODY IN BLUE, SLAUGHTER ON TENTH AVENUE, and one other piece.  I loved that LP.  I have no idea who the artists were on the two-LP set, but it was fantastic.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »

Shimmy-Shimmy Cocoa-Pop!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:05 PM »

TCB, to repeat what i wrote way above:  I'm not sure what they're calling it (maybe it's officially labeled a workshop?), but it will be a chance to try a few things we've wanted to try since NYMF and see how they work in front of an audience, with some flexibility of changing things from one day to the next.  The rehearsal rules at NYMF didn't allow us to try new things once we opened.

FJL, if I read all the posts before I asked the question, I wouldn't be so confused.  But I also would not get to ask any questions!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #311 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »

On the war at home, I postponed the exterminator to Tuesday morning once I saw the things to be done:  the bed frame is in pieces, and I'm preparing to cart books which I will be vacuuming before putting into cartons out into the hallway of my floor.  I've warned the neighbors and apologized for the temporary mess.

The exterminator's paper says a haird dryer on high is good for killing eggs and larvae on a mattress I will go down to Price-Wise and buy a $20 one. Tomorrow morning I'll inundate the bed frame with this Spraywat "Good Night."  I feel organized and prepared for the battle but i's a huge ordeal and I'm crabby about it.

No, crabby would be a different problem.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #312 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »

Ah, DR Ron Pulliam, you have but to meet DR Miss Karen in person to know that she's the sweetest thing alive.

DOUBLE!
DOUBLE!
DOUBLE!
(A "Producers" reference)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #313 on: January 17, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »

Happy Anniversaurus to DR Ginny and DH Hahahahaha Richard!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »

I also microwaved my first book today for 90 seconds.

How did it taste?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »

I also microwaved my first book today for 90 seconds.  I put it into a plastic bag and nuked it.  When I took it out of the microwave, the covers were extremely hot but the inside pages were cool.

Did you use a honey - cranberry glase?
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »

DR Edisaurus - would that make DR Ron Pulliam's progeny the CHILDREN OF THE CORN?

No, more like a Shirley Temple movie: THE LITTLE KERNEL.

Edisaurus

« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2008, 04:09:26 PM »

The landlord's not busting his ass over fixing this

He should at a minimum reimburse everyone for their expenses in fighting the little evildoers!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

Oh, my, the Gateway saga just gets sillier and sillier. The hard drive arrived today. That seems to be OK. It's been installed but we haven't turned it on yet because it's blank and we have to re-install Windows XP. The memory also came this morning. The hard drive was very easy to install. The memory was a problem. Anthony was on the phone with tech support for over a half hour before it was determined that the wrong memory cards were sent and that's why they wouldn't fit. They are too big for my computer. It's obvious when you look at the specs for our system what the memory cards should be. Whoever looked up the order didn't look at the specs and sent the wrong ones. We had two cards totaling 1 gig of memory. The cards came in one small box inside one envelope from Fed Ex. We are returning the memory cards BUT we have to return them separately. Even though the box in which they came is made to hold two memory cards we have to return each one separately in different envelopes. We have two separate return authorization numbers, one for each module. We will return them after I leave work this afternoon and then we will spend the evening reinstalling Windows. We are taking one more chance and have re-ordered the correct memory modules and they are scheduled to be here either tomorrow afternoon or sometime Saturday at no extra charge (just the exorbitant normal shipping charge). I wrote a stern letter to be placed in both return envelopes expressing my dismay at the level of incompetence on Gateway's part (not that it will do much good). I also said in the letter that if I receive the new memory cards and they are still the wrong ones or if the hard drive doesn't work I will call the Better Business Bureau, return the defective merchandise and end my relationship with Gateway.

Don't be surprised if you get a note back from Gateway telling you that you wrote your complaint letter upside down!
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »

I would not be surprised by that

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]ANNIVERSARY WISHES TO DR GINNY AND DH RICHARD![/move]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

We'd have to change your name to Miss Corn....of course, it would sound like "Ms. Scorn"....but....

We could find ourselves immersed in corn culture...a maize of complexities.  

But then we would have Cason Corn!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

Ooooooh......bitch!

Hee hee hee.  Actually, DR RonPulliam, I had a whole discussion about crabs vs bedbugs on Tuesday.  At this point in my life I'm pretty certain I have no reason to worry about the former.  To quote Cole Porter, I sleep easier now.

DR Nursie, I have no idea when the first alert to the landlord occurred.  We believe it all began in 5A, but who knows at this point?  We should have been alerted by the time the second alarm went off.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »

I picked up some mail at the mail place and am now going to write two more pages.  I did peruse the imdb about Sean Penn's film and after reading the first fifteen ten star reviews, clearly written by young teens and aging hippies, I have to say it sounds like a film I will not like, especially at 140 minutes, so I'm not going to go.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »

Viggo Mortensen has never really impressed me, except for his eyes.  Of course, I haven't Eastern Promises - yet!

I can only say that he's a nice man.  At least he was when I worked at Drama Book Shop.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2008, 04:36:45 PM »

I picked up some mail at the mail place and am now going to write two more pages.  I did peruse the imdb about Sean Penn's film and after reading the first fifteen ten star reviews, clearly written by young teens and aging hippies, I have to say it sounds like a film I will not like, especially at 140 minutes, so I'm not going to go.

I have heard remarkable things about INTO THE WILD, especially regarding Hal Holbrook.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »

DR Ginny can also celebrate her 7,000 post millstone!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »

Congrats to Ginny on her new milestone!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »

LOL Dakota.  Keith almost moved us to Minneapolis when Craig was a baby.  Lucky for me our house didn't sell.  I found out how cold it was there & realized I didn't want to move. Keith asked to decline the transfer, which the company willingly agreed to.

Vibes the wind subsides.  
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:44:45 PM by Jane »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up