Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A JOYFUL NOISE  (Read 18549 times)

Ginny

Re: A JOYFUL NOISE
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »

Day 2 of cardiac rehab went well.  Having an audiobook made the time fly and the routine was familiar.  One of the attending nurses was our next-door neighbor, to whom we haven't spoken since Richard visited the city prosecutor about the barking dogs she used to leave out all night.  He discovered that she had a thick file of complaints from us and the neighbors on the other side and behind.  Those dogs eventually died (yes, of natural causes) and the ones she has now don't stay out all night.  She didn't try to kill me on the treadmill and it was all quite civil.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2010, 01:44:54 PM »

Can anyone tell me the name of the movie where Groucho and the others are all cramming into a small room -- maybe on a boat? Or a train?

Night at the Opera?

Ben

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »

Back from shipping and doing and going and waiting for the rehearsal pianist to pick up his music for Monday's rehearsal.  Then I'm free to be you and me.

I LOVE Free to Be, You and Me!!!  

Me Too!!!

I have the CD and I had the tape with the sequel, Free to Be a Family. It's not as good as FTBYAM but I transferred it to CD anyway and now I have a two-CD set.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »

Back from shipping and doing and going and waiting for the rehearsal pianist to pick up his music for Monday's rehearsal.  Then I'm free to be you and me.

I LOVE Free to Be, You and Me!!!  

Who doesn't? Carol Channing, Mel Brooks, Sheldon Harnick, Rosie Grier, and Harry Belafonte - what an embarrassment of talent...

Saw an off-Broadway production a few centuries ago with (among others) Daphne Rubin-Vega and Debbie Gravitte: not Shakespeare by any stretch of the imagination, but much fun nonetheless...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2010, 02:05:48 PM »

DR JMK, when are you having a housewarming?

And, will Larry Shoop be there?

Just curious.

We'll have a special HHW housewarming/welcome BK party on November 12.  Anyone is welcome to stay here with us overnight so they can attend the show on November 13.  The more hardy of you may need to sleep on the floor.  We have two pull out couches and a couple of other non-pull out couches where people could sleep.

I'd love to be there! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »

Laura - as Elan said - A Night at the Opera is the Marx Bros. film

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

Pianist won't even be here when he originally said, which was 2:30 - now it's three.  Which means I don't eat till 3:15.  I've been pricing out authoring and replicating blu-ray - not as cheap as DVD but not completely horrendous.  If we end up doing this blu-ray thing, we'll also include a DVD in the package, since the cost of doing so is almost negligible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »

The big question, of course, is can we sell enough to cover my costs.

George

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »

Pianist won't even be here when he originally said, which was 2:30 - now it's three.  Which means I don't eat till 3:15.  I've been pricing out authoring and replicating blu-ray - not as cheap as DVD but not completely horrendous.  If we end up doing this blu-ray thing, we'll also include a DVD in the package, since the cost of doing so is almost negligible.

BK, has this ever been on DVD before or is it the first ever release, at all?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

divarobbie

• There's always one step further down you can go...
    • RobbieRozelle.com
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »

All those clues are enough to drive a man mad!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »

First release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »

All those clues are enough to drive a man mad!

Eggsactlee.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »

I am soooo hungry.  Don't know what I'm doing for food yet - maybe Jerry's, maybe the Studio Cafe, mabye the Daily Grill, maybe far away or maybe real nearby.

George

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »

And now for something completely different...how's this for an "epic fail"??

An NFL cheerleader who thought she had won $11 million in a defamation judgment against a gossip website may have the result nullified because her lawyers sued the wrong company!!

:o

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »

My friend Tyler is quite a good young actor, but I thought the play was kind of a mess. It's all about a "terrorist" agency interrogating a rather sad nebbish who's sent money to "Sophia," a lady he's met online through a dating service. She claims to be stuck in Kenya after being robbed in her hotel, but it turns out "Sophia" is a front for terrorist funding and my friend Tyler has been dragged into the agency for terrorist activity. The play had good actors and good direction and a script that couldn't decide if it were Kafka, an indictment of the Patriot Act and its often ridiculous and insulting crimes against humanity, or what. I found its conclusion very frustrating, and thought when the lights went down that we were ready for scene three!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »

Jesus H Christ! I just opened an envelope from my health insurance to find that in January 2011, my rates are increasing by $130/month! That's horrifying. And infuriating. Fuckin system.
Am facing the same real soon. And still no job prospects. Ugh.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »

First release.
I was going to guess "Sugar" but not now. That's on CD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »

Thanks for the compliment, BK, I hope you never need my services  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »

DR Cillaliz re: your trial comments.

So the 5 people who testified against your client were all drug dealers and yet the jury believed them?

I guess you can only do as much as you can.  I think to me success would depend partly on if I thought the client was guilty.  If I knew he was guilty and then did my best and he was found guilty ... then you did your best. If he was innocent then it would be harder.

DR Jennifer, the government always argues that who but drug dealers will know drug dealers. A couple were totally unbelievable, but a number were pretty credible.  When you have 5 saying they were in a conspiracy with someone, it gets harder to say they are all lying
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:00:07 PM by Cillaliz »

John G.

« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

TOD:

DVD: "Valley of the Dolls," "Bad Girls of Film Noir, Vol. 1"

CD: "Henry, Sweet Henry" (now that most everybody's mentioned it) and "Sondheim Goes to the Movies"

Car CD: Disc 23 of "Anna Karenina"

Book: "Cancel All Our Vows," a John D. MacDonald that I found recently and hadn't read.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »

From Matthew:
Speaking of The Brain From Planet X I submitted it for next year's season at the theatre I work at in Palo Alto.  The theme next year is "Gods and Monsters", so we'll see what the Exe says.  We won't know until April 2011, of course.

That's great!  Vibes it is chosen!

John G.

« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »

Can anyone tell me the name of the movie where Groucho and the others are all cramming into a small room -- maybe on a boat? Or a train?

Night at the Opera?
That was the movie. Watched it the other day.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »

Cilla, is Martha the sister in question?

She is my only sister

George

« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »

First release.

John, BK did say that the newest cast album that he's going to release was released on CD before.  I was asking (above) about the movie that will be Kritzerland's first Blu-Ray release.

John G.

« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2010, 03:50:17 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »

First release.

John, BK did say that the newest cast album that he's going to release was released on CD before.  I was asking (above) about the movie that will be Kritzerland's first Blu-Ray release.

Scrambled brains trying to play catch-up. So, "Sugar" is my guess. If Mitch Miller produced it.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »

DR TCB,

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »

DR TCB VIBES THAT YOU FEEL BETTER AND STAY THAT WAY~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:56 PM »

Miller did produce "Sugar."
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »

All of them.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up