Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NUT CLUSTERS  (Read 16345 times)

Cillaliz

Re: NUT CLUSTERS
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »

Am I the only one who wonders why states even issue a birth certificate that won't be accepted?

Some states issue a short form that doesn't have parents' names on it.  That may no longer acceptable for a passport, I think you need a long form.  I don't know if that's the issue for Ginny.  Then there is a registration of birth which isn't the same as a birth certificate.  It's ironic that the regs about all this stuff have gotten stricter under Obama's administration.  You'd think he'd understand the birth certificate issue, ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »

Oy! Such a day. Like Sherlock Holmes, I am on the search for the missing song. A Victor Herbert song "Blarney Is Our Birthright," while not published in the vocal score for HEARTS OF ERIN, did appear in the Boston and Cleveland performances of the operetta before it was shut down for overhauling. It did not make the final version of the score for EILEEN, and I can find no record of the song being published as a single sheet with the HEARTS OF ERIN logo. To complicate issues further, the Ohio Light Opera recording of EILEEN includes the song and I have no idea where the hell they found it. It might be a fake song written by the OLO production team, though I doubt it.

There's no copy of the song at the NYPL, and I've been through the show programmes as well as the show music folders. I am not happy at the moment. I'm determined to find this number.

Do you know anyone at OLO you could contact? If not, I might.

Of the two people in charge of that "restoration," the good one's dead, and it would have been great to talk to him, and the living one's a few sandwiches short a picnic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »

Another TYPE of birth certificate......most unseemly.

It is interesting that the one I had was satisfactory for obtaining a Social Security card when I was a teenager and for obtaining a marriage license 30 years ago, but not for obtaining a passport last month.

At least it should be the same the last 30 years or someone goofed & your marriage certificate isn't official ;)

When I applied for my passport back in 2002, I dug up my birth certificate. Lo and behold, it had my name listed as "Jose Simbulan, Jr." (or something like that). However, since my middle name is not the same as my father's middle name, I'm technically not a "Jr.". It's also listed differently on the certificate from the hospital.

??? ??? ???

We've been doing a lot of name corrections on birth certificates lately.   Many of them are just the wrong name for the mother or the child, when they don't understand the cultural use of the father's last name followed by the mother's last name in many Hispanic countries

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »

Oh man! I gotta go. going to be late for my friends of library meeting

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »

Bruce, I think you are really enjoying your work with Melody.  You always sound so upbeat after a session (and a dinner) with your young star.

I think BK always sounds upbeat after a dinner with anyone.

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »

I'm thinking about taking on Time Warner's Triple Plan. That means I will have to buy a telephone and I know absolutely nothing about what to do.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I had sort of planned to be up and out of the apartment by 9:00 this morning to get various things done, but... I guess, well, I know needed the sleep.

How many roommates in this apartment, Jose?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »

Am I the only one who wonders why states even issue a birth certificate that won't be accepted?

It's ironic that the regs about all this stuff have gotten stricter under Obama's administration.  You'd think he'd understand the birth certificate issue, ;)

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »

Doro was so funny in THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING and THE GAZEBO!

I don't remember anything funny in THE GAZEBO!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »

I'm thinking about taking on Time Warner's Triple Plan. That means I will have to buy a telephone and I know absolutely nothing about what to do.

Wherever you purchase a new phone just be sure you can return it if you aren't happy with it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2011, 05:08:29 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »

I'm not at all surprised at the reaction to WONDERLAND.  Has Wildhorn ever been attached to anything that was successful either commercially or artistically?
I heard his Svengali was actually OK. I think it was his first show. Of course, it needed work and the work was never done, but ...

JEKYLL AND HYDE was hardly a flop.  Well, until David Hasselhoff.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »

Well, I just got off the phone with Lorraine (operator #3) at Oregon vital records and she will mail my birth certificate today.  So, no trip to Portland for me, I guess.

Damn!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »

Another TYPE of birth certificate......most unseemly.

It is interesting that the one I had was satisfactory for obtaining a Social Security card when I was a teenager and for obtaining a marriage license 30 years ago, but not for obtaining a passport last month.

Those were before 9/11.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

Yes, DR TCB, wa-a-a-a-ay before...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »

Just finished a most delightful (and debris free) BD of a Dave Grusin concert which will be released next week.  It's short, but highly recommended to Grusin fans, which you all had better be.  ;)

Who?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »

Just got a 1937 Saturday Evening Post (I'm doing a little research project on the side).  This has a full page ad touting the benefits of visiting San Francisco.  Included is this priceless line:  Anytime you come you will find it the same.  Sunny, hospitable, gay.
I guess you'd call that truth in advertising.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »

I'm not at all surprised at the reaction to WONDERLAND.  Has Wildhorn ever been attached to anything that was successful either commercially or artistically?
I heard his Svengali was actually OK. I think it was his first show. Of course, it needed work and the work was never done, but ...

It never earned a cent. None of his shows did on Broadway.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »

DR elmore - I had Time-Warner's "Triple Play", but never bothered with the land-line, nor buying a land-line phone. If you don't feel like spending $15-80 for a new phone, you don't have to. *However, since Time-Warner's automated system first checks the land-line number on file, that would make it faster dealing with customer service.

*Of course, if I had just wanted the Cable TV and internet service without the phone service, it would have been $40 more each month than the "Triple Play" cost. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I had sort of planned to be up and out of the apartment by 9:00 this morning to get various things done, but... I guess, well, I know needed the sleep.

How many roommates in this apartment, Jose?

Just one.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »

Hospital Birth Certificates are not accepted either.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »

the no-knead bread is a winner. The crust is hard, the interior is chewy. Perfect. Now to start playing around with the recipe.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »

And then it became a painful nightmare.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

Keith's birthday is on Maundy Thursday.  I noticed my calender said it was Maundy Thursday & had to look up what that was.

It's the opposite of Thursdy Monday.

Or MAUNDY MONDAY.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »

Keith's birthday is on Maundy Thursday.  I noticed my calender said it was Maundy Thursday & had to look up what that was.

It's the opposite of Thursdy Monday.

Or MAUNDY MONDAY.
Can't trust that day.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2011, 05:37:51 PM »

the no-knead bread is a winner. The crust is hard, the interior is chewy. Perfect. Now to start playing around with the recipe.

I do love that no-knead bread recipe. And some of the variations that Mark Bittman came up with are quite nice too.

*I have a friend who makes the no-knead bread and he uses a Pyrex(!) bowl?!??!!  He shared that news with a bunch of us, and we all recoiled in horror - since the Pyrex can literally shatter. However, he assured us that he's using a classic piece of Pyrex - a.k.a. old - so it's actually a bit more sturdy than the more recent product. But still...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »

Hospital Birth Certificates are not accepted either.

They never where, at least not since I needed to provide a certificate for the first time.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »

DR Ginny do you know why your certificate wasn't accepted.  Did it have an official seal?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »

Well... My mom said that my real name is my real name, so... -Which happens to be on my Social Security Card.

And you never knew this until applying for a passport, didn't you ever look at your S.S. card or school documents? ;D

Well, my SS card actually has my real name on it - which is the name I've always used - no Jr. involved.

As for my school documents, well... And I think I've mentioned this here before... Until I finally "rebelled" in fourth grade, my mom wanted me to sign my name as "J. Carlos Simbulan". -Her reasoning: "Well, all the other Filipinos are named "Jose"." -Well, all the others ones were named Carlos. ;) So...

My original passport - from when I was five - had my correct name on it, and when I got my new passport back from the Passport Agenct, it, too, had my correct name on it. I am not a "Jr."
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up