Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NUT CLUSTERS  (Read 16116 times)

FJL

Re: NUT CLUSTERS
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »

DtM- congrats on post #11111

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »

I'm not at all surprised at the reaction to WONDERLAND.  Has Wildhorn ever been attached to anything that was successful either commercially or artistically?
I heard his Svengali was actually OK. I think it was his first show. Of course, it needed work and the work was never done, but ...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

Well, as DR KevinH suggested, I have received the letter from the Department of State telling me that I need to order another type of Oregon birth certificate.  Maybe I'll have to fly to Portland to pick it up in person...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: CONDIGN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »

Well, I just got off the phone with Lorraine (operator #3) at Oregon vital records and she will mail my birth certificate today.  So, no trip to Portland for me, I guess.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:42 AM »

Another TYPE of birth certificate......most unseemly.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »

I'm not at all surprised at the reaction to WONDERLAND.  Has Wildhorn ever been attached to anything that was successful either commercially or artistically?

There should be a decree passed by the League of Producers, Drama Critics, or some  law enforcement preventing him from writing for Broadway ever again. It should have been passed after JEKYLL & HYDE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »

Picked up tapes, and my transfer guy happened to be nearby so he's already got them, which is great.  For one of the scores, it would appear that there will be more music than the CD had - don't know how much more but the previous CD had just about forty minutes of score and one song.  I'm not sure we'll be able to use the song or not, but we've got four reels of mixes that are about eighteen to twenty minutes each, so we could have either a few extra minutes or a LOT more.  I'm hoping for the latter, obviously.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »

And now I shall be on my way to lunch.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »

Another TYPE of birth certificate......most unseemly.

It is interesting that the one I had was satisfactory for obtaining a Social Security card when I was a teenager and for obtaining a marriage license 30 years ago, but not for obtaining a passport last month.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »

Oy! Such a day. Like Sherlock Holmes, I am on the search for the missing song. A Victor Herbert song "Blarney Is Our Birthright," while not published in the vocal score for HEARTS OF ERIN, did appear in the Boston and Cleveland performances of the operetta before it was shut down for overhauling. It did not make the final version of the score for EILEEN, and I can find no record of the song being published as a single sheet with the HEARTS OF ERIN logo. To complicate issues further, the Ohio Light Opera recording of EILEEN includes the song and I have no idea where the hell they found it. It might be a fake song written by the OLO production team, though I doubt it.

There's no copy of the song at the NYPL, and I've been through the show programmes as well as the show music folders. I am not happy at the moment. I'm determined to find this number.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »

OK, I've just received, via email, the agenda for Thursday's meeting, so I guess my Wednesday trip to Cleveland is a "go."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »

OK, I've just received, via email, the agenda for Thursday's meeting, so I guess my Wednesday trip to Cleveland is a "go."

Are you driving?

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »

Yes, DR Elmore, I'm driving to Cleveland Wednesday afternoon, attending the meeting Thursday 12-2pm, then driving to Lima to meet Fr. Richard for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »

One of the funniest things that ever happened to me in my long career as a church music director was during an interview for a job I was later hired to do.  But about 3/4 of the way through the interview, one of the Board members turned to me and announced as if she were delivering news of absolutely paramount importance, "Well, we DO do a Maundy Thursday service, you know."  It was just so completely over the top I didn't know what to think, especially since it basically came out of the blue.  After that, she didn't say another word.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »

RE: the quote function not working.

I've always had the problem where sometimes it shows blank on the first try. But it has always worked for me if i try it again.

I've never had a problem, not even when I've used different browsers. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011, 12:43:36 PM »

DtM- congrats on post #11111

Ditto! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

Nice poster DR GEORGE.

Continued run vibes for you and the rest of the tribe of CANNIBALS!

Thanks, JRand!

George

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »

George, I hope you are enjoying "Cannibal!" It really sounds like fun.

Thanks, John!  It really is fun.

George

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »

From DR George:
Thanks, Jane...we did!  The energy of the audience was a bit low, but the show itself went over quite well

:)  Vibes your next shows are great with an audience to match.

Thanks, Jane!

John G.

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2011, 01:52:58 PM »

Oy! Such a day. Like Sherlock Holmes, I am on the search for the missing song. A Victor Herbert song "Blarney Is Our Birthright," while not published in the vocal score for HEARTS OF ERIN, did appear in the Boston and Cleveland performances of the operetta before it was shut down for overhauling. It did not make the final version of the score for EILEEN, and I can find no record of the song being published as a single sheet with the HEARTS OF ERIN logo. To complicate issues further, the Ohio Light Opera recording of EILEEN includes the song and I have no idea where the hell they found it. It might be a fake song written by the OLO production team, though I doubt it.

There's no copy of the song at the NYPL, and I've been through the show programmes as well as the show music folders. I am not happy at the moment. I'm determined to find this number.
Did he ever reuse melodies? Like Charles Strouse? Could it have appeared as something else later down the pike?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

One of the funniest things that ever happened to me in my long career as a church music director was during an interview for a job I was later hired to do.  But about 3/4 of the way through the interview, one of the Board members turned to me and announced as if she were delivering news of absolutely paramount importance, "Well, we DO do a Maundy Thursday service, you know."  It was just so completely over the top I didn't know what to think, especially since it basically came out of the blue.  After that, she didn't say another word.  ;)
Well, bully for them!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »

Well, I just got off the phone with Lorraine (operator #3) at Oregon vital records and she will mail my birth certificate today.  So, no trip to Portland for me, I guess.
So, do you also have proof of Obama's birth?
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »

Back from a nicer than nice lunch.  I'm quite full.  It's been chilly and gray here (go know) but now the sun is trying to peek through the clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »

Did he ever reuse melodies? Like Charles Strouse? Could it have appeared as something else later down the pike?

He might have. I only know of one reyse: "Jack-o-lantern Love" beame "Call Around Again" in THE DEBUTANTE.

But how the hell did Ohio Light Opera find the damned song?

JMK

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »

Just finished a most delightful (and debris free) BD of a Dave Grusin concert which will be released next week.  It's short, but highly recommended to Grusin fans, which you all had better be.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »

Listening to Karrin Allyson's Bossa Nova album, IMAGINA, and she has a bunch of alternate lyrics to tunes that are bothering me for some reason.  Guess I want the old fashioned versions.  ;)

George

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »

I'm such a Grusin fan that I'm thrilled he will soon be coming to Kritzerland.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »

I think BK might be happy to read this...No Tickets Will Be Available to General Public for 2011 Tony Awards.

Great news.  I'm sure that the producers who are allocated seats, however, will fill them with people who've either been paid or been told to scream and whoop it up, so that we will not be without that nauseating business.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up