Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SITTING OR STANDING ARROWHEAD WATER BOTTLE  (Read 8835 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE SITTING OR STANDING ARROWHEAD WATER BOTTLE
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »

And I am home from Toyland! I finished Violin 1. so all I have tomorrow are the Violin 2, Violas, Celli, and Bass, a total of  eght parts to be taped. I'vehad dinner and I need to order more tape. That's my evening.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »

Page four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »

Page 4 Dance!
!!!! Cranberries!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »

Thwarted by my evil genius, DR TCB!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

Thwarted by my evil genius, DR TCB!

I humbly bow to your evilness.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »

I just had a visit from the charming and delightful DR / DD Ann.  I had to send her an e-mail asking if she could possibly go and pick up my pain pills for me.  She  very sweetly did just that.  My other friend ( who llives about a block and a half from the pharmacy) informed me that she was no longer available to help me on weekends.  Oh well.

Your pain relief and a visit from DR Ann, not a bad combo ;)

DR TCB are you doing ok on your own?  Will you be getting some PT soon?

I have already started.  Next appointment is Wednesday.

Good! 

PT SUCCESS VIBES!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

I just had a visit from the charming and delightful DR / DD Ann.  I had to send her an e-mail asking if she could possibly go and pick up my pain pills for me.  She  very sweetly did just that.  My other friend ( who llives about a block and a half from the pharmacy) informed me that she was no longer available to help me on weekends.  Oh well.

Your pain relief and a visit from DR Ann, not a bad combo ;)

DR TCB are you doing ok on your own?  Will you be getting some PT soon?

I have already started.  Next appointment is Wednesday.

Good! 

PT SUCCESS VIBES!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »

Well, today's final matinee of "Good Night Moon" was quite the success.  There was only one light goober (the stage manager forgot one light cue but quickly realized that the picture of the cow jumping over the moon was still in the dark) and we had a full house...a waiting list, even!  We only have one more weekend (six performances) and it's done. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »

I think a bottle of water has to be standing on the table because it cannot bend at the waist and/or knees in order to sit down.  Then again, because the bottle has no power of locomotion of its own, and it is placed in its position by another life form....it is set down on the table.....

So - if you were the life form that placed the water bottle in said location....said bottle could be said to be setting on the table.

IF, however, you come into the room, and the bottle is already there, and you are not aware of the circumstances of its placement, the bottle could then clearly be described as standing on the table.

Or you could just say...the bottle is on the table.

;)

George

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »

However...

I still love "Hello Again".

Anybody else?

I really like the recording.  I've never seen the show, though.

George

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »

George, I assume you know this already, but I will say it anyway:  if you have DirecTV or cable tv, you need to turn on CC through them in the Menu options, not on your tv itself.

I don't have DirecTV, I have a Comcast DVR.  I couldn't find a CC option within the box set-up options, but I know that if I reset it, then the option comes up.  I wouldn't want to have to do that every time I wanted to change it. :-\

George

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »

Well, now that I've caught up with all the posts, I'm off again.  I'm not going anywhere but I want to watch some TV up in my bedroom and my computer's not up there.

Until later...again.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Well, today's final matinee of "Good Night Moon" was quite the success.  There was only one light goober (the stage manager forgot one light cue but quickly realized that the picture of the cow jumping over the moon was still in the dark) and we had a full house...a waiting list, even!  We only have one more weekend (six performances) and it's done. :)

Great!!! :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »

Watching a lousy movie called "Bad Actress." Doubt I will finish it.

They've made a movie about Tom Cruise?
That's funnier than anything in the movie, which played until the end though I was barely in the room as it was going on.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »

ANOTHER eBook became available at the library.  If I start over with the queue there will be 43 people ahead of me.  I didn't expect this book for another couple of weeks, yet the one I expected hasn't come in yet.  ::)
I got my nook last week and haven't really had time to read anything on it. But I tried to check something out of the library. They have plenty of books marked [electronic resource], but only about 30 of those are nook compatible. Of those, five are volumes of Proust, and even those were checked out!

So, I'm on a wait list for a book about pizza.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »

Slow day, but had a nice cookout with friends. We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and sausages, some vino. The theme was dishes you remembered from childhood, because of Memorial Day. Dessert was a jell-o cake.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »

Now off to finish re-reading the paper. I made it up to page 31 before I had to leave for dinner.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »

But a few more posts.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »

To push us toward page five.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »

KevinH, the concert sounds like fun, though it also sounds like a few of those concerts I've seen before. A lot of orchestra and not enough of the guest stars.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »

There are a surprising number of concerts coming here in June and July, including Idina Menzel and a trio of Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs. The one I would really like to see is Glen Campbell, but I doubt after the trip that I would be able to afford it.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »

ANOTHER eBook became available at the library.  If I start over with the queue there will be 43 people ahead of me.  I didn't expect this book for another couple of weeks, yet the one I expected hasn't come in yet.  ::)
How is it possible that so many people at your library want the same book. I am not understanding. There ae that many people at your library with ereaders who all want the same book. I would think that most people would still prefer to borrow a hardcover. Especially if there were 43 people for the ebook. Maybe ebook lending at libraries in the US is vastly different than it is here. Here I think there are very limited books and you cannot borrow with a kindle or nook. And I don' know ayone who does it.

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »

I got my nook last week and haven't really had time to read anything on it. But I tried to check something out of the library. They have plenty of books marked [electronic resource], but only about 30 of those are nook compatible. Of those, five are volumes of Proust, and even those were checked out!

Are you on facebook? There are a few groups that find free or cheap ebooks for the nook. There are a lot more that do this for kindles. But a few do it for the nook. I find these pages invaluable.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »

DR Jane I also have a lot of reading to do this week. I have two ebooks from netgalley and one book I am dying to read from the library. Plus there are a bunch of other books i want to get to.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

We had a great time at the Folger Shakespeare Library Theatre.  The rootin' tootin' TAMING OF THE SHREW worked - the performers and staging were perfect.

Anyone who tried to watch the PBS broadcast of the Memorial Day concert from the National Mall knows that it was raining when our show was over, so we had kind of soggy walk to the Metro and to our hotel.  We didn't know the concert had been stopped until we tried to watch the rebroadcast, but that explains why the Metro wasn't as crowded as I expected.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »

Are you on facebook? There are a few groups that find free or cheap ebooks for the nook. There are a lot more that do this for kindles. But a few do it for the nook. I find these pages invaluable.
I am on facebook  and will look. Thank you. I have gotten more stuff that I want to read off Gutenberg than I have from Barnes and Noble so far.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

We had a great time at the Folger Shakespeare Library Theatre.  The rootin' tootin' TAMING OF THE SHREW worked - the performers and staging were perfect.

Anyone who tried to watch the PBS broadcast of the Memorial Day concert from the National Mall knows that it was raining when our show was over, so we had kind of soggy walk to the Metro and to our hotel.  We didn't know the concert had been stopped until we tried to watch the rebroadcast, but that explains why the Metro wasn't as crowded as I expected.
Send the rain this way. Please.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Doug R!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »

Finished editing the paper. Now, I'm waiting for my sister's comments and I send it off. The end of this long semester is in sight.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »

Travel vibes for Doug R, FJL, KevinH, Ginny and whoever is on the road.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up