Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS  (Read 21606 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »

This town is coming to a complete standstill.  It warmed up here enough that all the snow began to melt and turn to slush; and now the temperature is dropping rapidly and we have one giant skating rink.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

Is that how choir masters pick up spare cash?

Well, some kind of masters, at any rate...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAN THE MAN!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2008, 03:12:13 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MULTI-TALENTED PENNY O!
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

On page 185-187 of this book:

is the recipe for the [in]famous MONKEY BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!    :)

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2008, 03:14:43 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR DANNYBOY, TOO!
     ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »

Dave Lieberman...catch him if you can!  :)

Now, that is a handsome man!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »

I'm off to try to build a gingerbread house now.

Good luck :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »

I need to scram, too -- time to clean and decorate the casa -- which was neglected during the run of the show. Sadly, I don't have a One of the Evil Eye to do my bidding (but by choice -- I don't like strangers messing around my house).

I would love to be able to afford She of the Evil Eye (or even He).  There is so much housework that I am no longer able to do.
“One thing’s universal,

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »

DR Druxy, I'm not a fan of flying pets in cargo.  People do it all the time.  I would want the biggest plane possible with a one way flight.  At least the cat can go on the plane with you.  That is one pet down.  I'm trying to remember your dogs.  Can either fit under the seat? 

There are services that arrange to ship your pets.  They cost about twice what you will spend to do it yourself.  I'm not sure I would trust someone to drive my dogs & especially my cat, and not lose them.  I would have to check the service, & the individual person, very carefully.

When DS Craig flew from Romania to the states with DD Yogie I did find a service that would let him ride from NY to Pittsburgh with the dog.  They would have taken the dog alone.  Instead I picked them both up in DC & drove them to Pittsburgh.  I don't remember the company.  I found them on-line while searching.  I must have called about 5 different services.  I can help you look if you like, just not until the family leaves on the 26th.  Feel free to email me with questions.

I've got a Norfolk Terrier & a Border Collie.

I really don't want to fly them in cargo.  If possible, I'd like to find a service that drives them.

Is the Norfolk small enough for a plane ride?  Though I expect if you find a driver for one it might be nicer to have company.  I suggest going on line and calling different places, just to get a feel for what they do.  Save the ones you like the best.

Do you have a really good pet sitter that might be willing to drive them?

People are telling me that there are "pet friendly" airlines that put put the animals in climate, pressure contolled areas.  One of them I talked to is even home based in Austin.

I'm also told that an animal will do better in a 3-hour flight than in a 3-4 day drive.

I will keep investigating.

Thanks.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

singdaw

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »

I would love to be able to afford She of the Evil Eye (or even He).

Perhaps you can find someone who will agree to be paid in trade.

Everybody ought to have a maid.

Jane

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »

Goodluck DR Druxy. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »

Answer to today's question:

I'm with you BK.  I don't imbibe.  Period.

:)

LOL!  I read the notes at 4:30 this morning, so I had forgotten the T.O.D.  I couldn't figure out why everyone seemed so obsessed with alcohol today.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »

Craig & Ioana are in the air & headed to San Francisco.  I hope all goes well, they catch their connection, and we can drive the roads to pick them up tonight.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »

Which Food Network star will DR JoseSPiano kiss first?

Well, Ina is in the Hamptons, Paula is back in Savannah, and Tyler is in San Francisco. However, there are rumors that Dave Liberman is around today. Although, with my luck, I'll end up with Gordon Ramsay.

Gordon Ramsay is a fixture on the Fox Network, not the Food Network!  *tsk tsk tsk*

On the other hand, if you were to plant one on Gordon ELLIOTT, whose Follow Productions is behind Paula and her boys, plus the Neeleys, you would be connecting with a star-maker.  Just be warned - he's taller than I am!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »

Very very severe icy weather is predicted for later tonight here.  I had a sliding sideways experience in the parking lot of the Dollar General Store where I went to buy some Diet Pepsi 2 liters (always only $1.15).....whew!

Thank goodness you weren't in your car!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »

Later today I'm headed up to Ventura with the Chuckster (yep, he drove in from Arizona yesterday!) to visit with some old friends - Neil and Kathy - who are playing a Peter Pan (I think it's Peter Pan...) with incidental music by Leonard Bernstein. I met Neil my first day at Juilliard, back in Sept. 1972. He's a bass player - currently plays a lotta movie scores. Kathy also was at Juilliard, became a tenured horn player at New York City Opera for years and years, until she busted outa there. They came up and played our first Chaspen concert, Beethoven 5, in January 1992. Ah, memories! Ah, old friends!

What a small, small world.  I was unfamiliar with Chaspen, but didn't want to show my ignorance, so I Googled it.  The very first reference that I could open, started with this paragraph:

“The Frog Prince” is composer Christopher Lee Fraley’s second commission for Chaspen and his second collaboration with librettist Penny Orloff.  Their first, “Red Riding Hood,” played at last year’s Redmond Children’s Playhouse.  A former cellist, Fraley’s compositions include string quartets, chamber ensembles and symphonic works, as well as song settings of his own poetry.

Wow!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:05:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »

Has anybody on this Forum ever dealt with (or know of) a RELIABLE service that moves pets across country?  Preferably by car, but we will consider flying them under the right circumstances.

As many of you know, we're moving from Los Angeles to Austin, TX in late March and, if possible, I would like to avoid driving the animals (2 dogs/1 cat) for the 4-5 days it will take to get there. ...

Sorry.  The only experience I've had in moves like that was when der B and I moved here to Delaware... with five dogs in the car.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »

All in all, I had a great time. And even though I'm a major Food Network fan(atic), as well as a pretty decent home cook, there was plenty there to keep me entertained as well as educated. -Or something like that.  :)

Are we still talking about Mr. Florence?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »

I just order whatever looks prettiest.

Yeah, but the waiters aren't on the menu.

You must go to the wrong bars.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »

I have an appointment with my Dentist today (thanks to a cancellation and my need!).
My dentist is Anna (But not formally known as Panni or Maria).

Speaking of Anna.....Panni........Maria; the new TV Guide lists Anna's new film A KISS AT MIDNIGHT, as one of the Hot Picks of Saturday, December 27.
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »

I think that tonight I shall dream of thermometers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »

Exactly where is Santa supposed to park his sleigh?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2008, 04:01:05 PM »

DR Druxy, I'm not a fan of flying pets in cargo.  People do it all the time.  I would want the biggest plane possible with a one way flight.  At least the cat can go on the plane with you.  That is one pet down.  I'm trying to remember your dogs.  Can either fit under the seat? 

There are services that arrange to ship your pets.  They cost about twice what you will spend to do it yourself.  I'm not sure I would trust someone to drive my dogs & especially my cat, and not lose them.  I would have to check the service, & the individual person, very carefully.

When DS Craig flew from Romania to the states with DD Yogie I did find a service that would let him ride from NY to Pittsburgh with the dog.  They would have taken the dog alone.  Instead I picked them both up in DC & drove them to Pittsburgh.  I don't remember the company.  I found them on-line while searching.  I must have called about 5 different services.  I can help you look if you like, just not until the family leaves on the 26th.  Feel free to email me with questions.

I've got a Norfolk Terrier & a Border Collie.

I really don't want to fly them in cargo.  If possible, I'd like to find a service that drives them.

Is the Norfolk small enough for a plane ride?  Though I expect if you find a driver for one it might be nicer to have company.  I suggest going on line and calling different places, just to get a feel for what they do.  Save the ones you like the best.

Do you have a really good pet sitter that might be willing to drive them?

People are telling me that there are "pet friendly" airlines that put put the animals in climate, pressure contolled areas.  One of them I talked to is even home based in Austin.

I'm also told that an animal will do better in a 3-hour flight than in a 3-4 day drive.

I will keep investigating.

Thanks.

If I ever move a long distance again, I will rent an RV to transport the cats.  That way they aren't confined like in a car or a plane, and they can eat, sleep, and use the powder room on their regular schedule.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »

I would love to be able to afford She of the Evil Eye (or even He).

Perhaps you can find someone who will agree to be paid in trade.

Everybody ought to have a maid.

What are you doing on Saturday?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »

Well, they're closing our building again!  So, I'm off to home.  And since tonight's show was cancelled, I can ketchup on some "Heroes" episodes.  I have the last six to watch.

Until later!

George

« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »

But before I go...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up