Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STRING THEORY OR THE BIG SHEEP  (Read 21606 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE STRING THEORY OR THE BIG SHEEP
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2006, 10:55:43 PM »

I am now hungry for lobster.....dipped in hot butter and lemon

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »

Page 6 ....Rock Lobster dance...down down down....(B 52s reference)

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2006, 10:57:50 PM »

~~~Necklace Finding Vibes for Cillaliz!!~~~

I know that there will be things that I'm going to misplace when I move. :o Actually, I already have a list of CDs that have been missing for several years, now!  I've just replaced most of them but I've actually found a few of them.  But I do hope you find both of your necklaces!!

Thanks George. The frusrtrating part is I remember very distinctly moving them myself, so they wouldn't get lost.  I'm sure they'll show up, but who knows where or when....

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2006, 10:59:09 PM »

Well, night all. Maybe if I focus on the necklaces before I go to sleep I'll dream about where they are....it's never happened before, but it's worth a try!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2006, 11:06:14 PM »

It couldn't hurt. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2006, 11:06:57 PM »

Skip made an amazing dinner today in honor of my father's birthday.  Mom loves lobster...

An Iron Chef America episode featuring lobster had a dessert of vanilla ice cream with lobster sauce!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I want to get to work early tomorrow and since we're past the lowest number of posts, all is well. :)

Good night, Der Brucer and Cillaliz! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2006, 11:08:52 PM »

And good night, Mrs. Callabash, wherever you are!

;)

George

« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »

(or is it spelled Calabash?? ::))

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2006, 11:21:36 PM »

I love lobster,
It's think it's really great
Mommy melts the butter and then
Serves it on a plate

I love lobster
I want some right away
Mommy says "Shut up" because
I want it every day

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2006, 11:21:53 PM »

Chemistry - yeah, chemistry.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »

The one time i had lobster it tasted like rubber and I was not impressed.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2006, 11:26:34 PM »

I love shrimp!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »

Baloney Is People!

A lot of people are uncomfortable eating meat that looks like part of an animal, so pre-packaged and process meats are popular. This lunch meat, however, must be one of more disturbing things to ever have been featured in the deli meat section of a grocery store. The problem isn't that it is 80% pork with coloring added to it, but that the coloring is added to make it look like a clown face. It is clearly intended to be appealing to children, it actually explains why some children are afraid of clowns. After all, if you discovered a face in your sandwich when you were in kindergarten, you would be traumatized, too. This meat might also be a factor in why some children become vegetarians.

At least soylent green didn't look like people.

der Brucer

(It's a slow day, what can I say!)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2006, 11:27:34 PM »

may make chinese noodles and veggies for lunch tomorrow and throw in some shrimp...

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2006, 11:28:53 PM »

I'm sending search vibes but as they need to cross the international dateline and the equator it maybe that George finds the necklaces and Cilla dances a Lobster Quadrille.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »

The one time i had lobster it tasted like rubber and I was not impressed.

If it was rubbery, it was clealy overcooked! Properly prepared lobster should almost melt in your mouth!

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2006, 11:29:16 PM »

I love shrimp scampi but I cant have that for it has too much butter and I need to lose weight due to doctors order. I have 15 more pounds to go. Actually 10 but I would like to loose an additional 5.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2006, 11:30:15 PM »

If it was rubbery, it was clealy overcooked! Properly prepared lobster should almost melt in your mouth!

der Brucer

hmmm, I have not tried any since. It reminded me of Lutefisk which is just as bad.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:36:05 PM by DakotaCelt »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

Question.... Anyone recognize the actor in the stripes? I swear I have seen him before but I cannot place him.

He reminds me of Danny de Vito.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »

I'm sending search vibes but as they need to cross the international dateline and the equator it maybe that George finds the necklaces and Cilla dances a Lobster Quadrille.

Tom, when i go to a barbeque this upcoming weekend, I will lift a glass of aussie wine in your honor and your visit stateside...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »

He reminds me of Danny de Vito.

That is who he reminded me and other poeple on a Matt Ashford fan board thought also. Then we asked ourselves, would Danny be willing to do a soap and we did not think so.

He is almost the same height as Matt and that is another reason we ruled out DeVito. We noted that in another scene earlier.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2006, 11:38:05 PM »

Can you just post a grab of the actor - I couldn't load the video.

I thought Matt was off the show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »

(It's a slow day, what can I say!)

Cute picture Derbrucer!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2006, 11:41:07 PM »

That doesn't look like Danny Devito

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2006, 11:42:21 PM »

Give me a few minutes on the actor... There is a picture in an earlier thread I can bring in...

Matt finished taping on the 18th August and they film three weeks ahead of airing. His last airday on DOOL is the 21st and I will be done with watching the show then. If Matt goes back i will go back but I do nto trust the show. They have destroyed the loyalty of the viewers and screwed Matt's fans way too many times.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2006, 11:45:41 PM »

I love shrimp scampi but I cant have that for it has too much butter and I need to lose weight due to doctors order.

Here's a recipe with no butter and about half the calories (467) of a buttery one:

The Best Shrimp scampi!

"Shrimp sauteed in olive oil, with a brandy sauce flavored with garlic shallots and oregano. Great served with a rice pilaf and salad!"

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground
black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp,
shelled and deveined without
tails 1/2 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano,
crushed
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons brandy

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne
pepper. Mix thoroughly. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture.

2. In a large skillet, saute dredged shrimp in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Toss shrimp often to prevent burning. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the pan.

3. In the same pan, saute the garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp. Return pan to the heat. Preheat your broiler for medium heat.

4. Pour the wine and brandy into the skillet and ignite with a match or lighter. When the flames die down, stir to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp.

5. Place the serving dish of shrimp in a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2006, 11:52:37 PM »

This is pulled from the AMerican broadcast. I cant get moviemaker to cooperate at the moment to create a clearer still from the Canadian broadcasts.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »

Pic for the evening:

Elanora, Australia, 7 am.

(From AndrewSullivan.com)

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2006, 11:57:27 PM »

Nice picture...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up