Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TITLE OF TODAY'S NOTES  (Read 29522 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE TITLE OF TODAY'S NOTES
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2007, 11:23:52 AM »

Use less yeast.  ;)

If you're looking to get a rise outa me....well....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

Ooh!  Ooh!

I started [shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide] Page 5 [/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2007, 11:25:25 AM »

Hey, what if Charles Strouse and Lee Adams had taken a stab at writing Young Frankenstein?

It is sickly and hulking and gangly-
Putrid and crusty and don't get it angry!
But alive!
But alive!
It's alive!

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »

But you know you knead it!

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »

Man does not live by bread alone...

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »

Ugh!  "All-nighters."  I pulled a few in college to finish papers, etc.  But I could barely carry it off then, and certainly not now that I'm older.  

DH Richard and I are still feeling the effects of his all-nighter in the ER with his mother earlier this week and my ensuing sleeplessness.  He's been the first-responder in this scenario since his mother and late father were younger than he is now.  The older we get, the more difficult it becomes and it takes longer to recover.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »

Wait a minute....did DR LAURA report a Hurricane in Arizona?

Yes. Hurricane Henriette, now in Mexico, is (hopefully) going to reach us on Thursday.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2007, 11:50:24 AM »

Hopefully?
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »

Yes. By the time it gets here, it won't have any strength left, just rain. Which we need.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »

Ah... that makes sense.  My dad says it's been in the hundreds for awhile... and will continue to be so for awhile.  He lives in Phoenix.  
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »

Here in SW Ohio we often get residual rains from Gulf hurricanes.  It's not always as welcome as yours will be in AZ, DR Laura.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »

I'd love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair!

:-*

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »

In hot and hazy Harquahala, Hurricane Henriette hopefully happens.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2007, 12:35:06 PM »

Hmmm.....I wonder what Miss Penny Fuller's opening number will be?
Well, damn you, Daddy!

I would of course prefer the breathtaking "Away from You."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:36:16 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from my very brief, yet very fun Mary Poppins rehearsal. Today, I just sat back and listened and took notes while the conductor taught the two new Jane Bank's a couple of the number.  And we will have another hour of rehearsal tomorrow.  -And, tomorrow, the rehearsal is at 1:00.  -And then there's still a chance I may be playing the staging rehearsal tomorrow, but there's also a chance that stage management may just want to deal with staging tomorrow, and then add the music elements at another time.  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »

After my rehearsal, I headed to the post office to mail a package to a friend of mine in Charlottesville, VA via Express Mail.  Well, after requesting the proper size box from the always ornery staff at the Times Square/Port Authority location, and then standing in a line that built up quite suddenly while I was filling out my forms...  "This is guaranteed for Friday."  -What?!?!  "Yes, this may get there tomorrow, but for Charlottesville, VA, it's automatically a 2-Day Delivery." -What?  The clerk - who really wasn't all that ornery - then went ahead and flipped her monitor around so that I could see the delivery options.  She even reentered all the delivery info since she was sort of surprised they could not guarantee it for tomorrow.  Well, long story short, I just headed over to FedEx and sent it that way.  And it will get there tomorrow.  And for only a dollar more than what it would have cost the USPS.

It wasn't necessarily a bad experience with the USPS, just a strange one.  I mean, I've overnighted stuff to Charlottesville from NYC via the USPS before, and it's never been listed at 2-Day.  Hmmm... ???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:03:13 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »

In other news... I just wandered around Times Square for a bit.  I stopped into The Palace to say Hi to DR Jason and some of the other merchandising folks.  -And, yes, they were sort of buzzing about the MTV broadcast of Legally Blonde.  Let's just say that the performance schedule at The Palace could get quite crazy come October.

Then since I thought lunch would be a good thing, I stopped into The Duke, one of those massive lunch counters/deli/hot food buffet deals.  The location on 52nd has a Korean food counter in the back, so I had Bim Bim Bap for lunch.  Quite good.

Then I headed back home via the C Train.  And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »

Now... I really want to nap.  I may head back in in a little bit, but since I need to do a few loads of laundry before I head down to Charlotte this weekend, well....  And, again, I really want a nap.

Alas, the handyman is here right now fixing the sink in my bathroom.  This morning, he "fixed" the slow drain - he pulled some big wad of what looked like pieces of fabric out of the drain pipe (looked sort of scraps of denim ???) - and now he's re-caulking the wall-mount, and adjusting the drain stopper.  -And, of course, he's also in the process of re-attaching the soap dish in the upstairs bathroom.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2007, 01:11:22 PM »

Good luck to DR MATTH on his electronic problems.....whew.....my computer just slowed to a crawl for some reason....

Thanks. The cable still has not been repaired, so the plan is now for me to go to best friend John's house tonight to see the shows missed. He watches RESCUE ME also.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:11:44 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »

And as for the MTV broadcast of Legally Blonde, well... As a member of the AFM, I do hope that my Union's recording and broadcast office does not end up screwing over the Legally Blonde pit orchestra - their own members - again(!).  Otherwise, it could get interesting.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »

I spent another afternoon laughing and crying through multiple episodes of GREY'S ANATOMY. Included in those was the one where Meredith's mother has a temporary recovery from Alzheimer's, so for a few hours, they get to talk, argue, yell, and cry. Wonderful episode.

Then, I watched it again to listen to the commentary of Kate Burton and Ellen Pompeo whichwas very good, especially Burton's comments.

td

• td
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »

Calling DR TCB!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

I'm now beginning the third part of the three story arc involving Meredith's accident and drowning at the dock. Part II was unbelievably moving.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

Back from lunch -- a nice, fresh chicken Caesar salad at the Oakland Grill!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »

I spent a good portion of yesterday thoroughly enjoying revisiting GREY'S ANATOMY's third season. The storylines didn't really start to go awry until Meredith had her brush with death in that three part arc.

The story itself was moving, and it was a pleasure to see Kyle Chandler and Jeffrey Dean Morgan again in their famous roles, but after that, the writers seemed to feel the need to muck up Derek and meredith's romance past the point of endurance, and they also introduced that absurd Izzie/George coupling that came out of nowhere.

That's exactly what I though about the Izzie/George thing...totally out of nowhere and totally absurd! :P Talk about jumping the shark. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2007, 01:48:17 PM »

For DR Edi and others who might be interested:

Presentation by Bruce Watson, author of Sacco & Vanzetti:  The Men, the Murders, and the Judgment of Mankind

on C-Span2 three times this coming weekend.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:49:17 PM by Ginny »

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »

That's exactly what I though about the Izzie/George thing...totally out of nowhere and totally absurd! :P Talk about jumping the shark. ::)

First of all, I hate that expression. Secondly, one bad idea doesn't ruin the whole show, at least not for me. Thirdly, the producer has promised to get that mistake (yep, she admitted it wasn't a good idea) sorted out in the fourth season.

George

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »

Guess I'll head down now and read some Harry Potter before starting on lunch preparation.

WBBL.

Speaking of Harry Potter...start saving your pennies!!

Radcliffe Expects to Reprise London Equus Turn, with Griffiths, on Broadway

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »

Now, I'm heading down to tidy up a few things around the house before settling in with more GREY'S ANATOMY.

I cleaned the den this morning, so I don't have to do that.

WBBL.

George

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »

First of all, I hate that expression. Secondly, one bad idea doesn't ruin the whole show, at least not for me. Thirdly, the producer has promised to get that mistake (yep, she admitted it wasn't a good idea) sorted out in the fourth season.

You're right about one bad idea not ruining a whole show, but I didn't know (and am very glad to find out) that they've admitted that it was a mistake.  I really do love this show (and not just because it's set in Seattle ;)).  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up