Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE THURSDAY  (Read 28385 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE THURSDAY
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2006, 04:24:52 PM »

Vibes DR Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2006, 04:59:38 PM »

My question is for our Canadian dear readers.

Q: What is the correct term in Canada for black people who live in Canada? African-Canadian?

Don't  forget that Canada is still part of North AMERICA. So we can still call them
African Americans. But we never called them slaves.
Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2006, 05:07:27 PM »

Thank you for your answer, DR Tom.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

I guess Tom beat me to the punch.
But have been raised in Canada I never understood the labels. Still don't. People are people.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »

Thank you all for the lovely anniversary wishes yesterday.  DH Richard and I gave each other this trip as our presents, because when you've been married 25 years you don't need any more stuff.

So, I'm off now to figure out how we're going to spend the first day of our second quarter century of married life.  Probably indoors (another museum? Columbus Circle shopping? a matinee?) because it's raining.  Tonight we're going to the home of a Michigan friend for dinner.

Bye for now!

LOL!  I thought your post said, "So, I'm off now to figure out how we're going to spend the second quarter century of married life.  Probably indoors..."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »

I've seen a few Canadian shows where they've referred to "black" people but I've never heard anyone referred to as "African-American" or "African-Canadian" on Canadian TV...so far.  But then I only get CBC and I don't watch it very much.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »

Justine Johnston, an actress and singer who created the role of Heidi Schiller in the original Broadway production of the Stephen Sondheim-James Goldman musical Follies, died of a stroke in West Hollywood on Friday, January 13. She was 84.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »

Wow! That took a while to catch up!

Happy Birthday DR Pogue!!  I'd love to see photos of your library once it's all set up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2006, 05:25:40 PM »

If I haven't said so, Happy Anniversary DR Ginny and DH Richard, how is the Comfort Inn?

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »

AHHHH! I just wrote a long post about how stressed I got today over having too much to try to organize for the move all at once and guess what....the board kicked me off and the post was lost.   It made me laugh. I guess this isn't my day....think I'll go get some chocolate chip ice cream

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

Oh, I have to watch Skating with the Celebrities tonight. Sort of like NASCAR, I'm only watching to see the crashes (and no, I don't watch NASCAR)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »

I was going to go see Brokeback tonight, until I got a call from someone reminding me that I'm going to the Gardenia to see Kristopher McDowell, whom I know little about.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »

Charles Pogue, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  

I hope you had a grand day in your beautiful Kentucky.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

Thanks again to all and sundry for the B'day wishes.  Just got off the phone with Mr. BK, our genial host, who called to to extend felicitations and we had a loverly, loverly chat.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »

For Pogue, the album cover of the night is this nice Bea Wain collection I got at the WFMU record fair.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2006, 06:46:43 PM »

UNBELIEVABLY CLASSIC REXELLA MOMENT:  I am madly channel surfing through my hundreds of DirectTV choices and paused for a moment on Jack and Rexella.  Rexella was finishing her pitch for this week's "love offering" (see previous post a few days ago), a wonderful video about what's going to happen after the Rapture.  So, I kid you not, this is more or less an exact quote of hers as she held up the DVD:

"I am so excited about this.  If you are wondering what will happen, you need to get this, point to it."

Yes, indeedy, she read the "stage directions" right off the prompter.  But at least she pointed as she said it.  G-d bless her addled little mind.  :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:47:24 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2006, 06:47:38 PM »

I am envious of you TomovOz!

We don't have any dolphins here, but when you come to Oregon you can swim with the beavers, I guess.

;D  The live ones or the football team?

George

« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »

I was going to go see Brokeback tonight, until I got a call from someone reminding me that I'm going to the Gardenia to see Kristopher McDowell, whom I know little about.

I've heard a few songs by him (not a whole CD, though).  He has a nice voice and (I know this doesn't matter to you, BK) he's nice to look at. ;)

Here's his website:  http://www.kristophermcdowell.com/
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »

My Reverie is one of my all-time favorite classic tunes from the swing era.  My Mom had it on a compilation LP when I was a kid and I constantly played it, along with another tune on that comp, And the Angels Sing.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »

GREAT pics, DRTOMovOZ...thanks so much for sharing.  Looks like everyone, including the dolphin had a great time.  Any pics of Colin?

DRJOSE - what, I am horrified to ask - is Dollar Wednesday?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2006, 06:49:29 PM »

UNBELIEVABLY CLASSIC REXELLA MOMENT:  I am madly channel surfing through my hundreds of DirectTV choices and paused for a moment on Jack and Rexella.  Rexella was finishing her pitch for this week's "love offering" (see previous post a few days ago), a wonderful video about what's going to happen after the Rapture.  So, I kid you not, this is more or less an exact quote of hers as she held up the DVD:

"I am so excited about this.  If you are wondering what will happen, you need to get this, point to it."

Yes, indeedy, she read the "stage directions" right off the prompter.  But at least she pointed as she said it.  G-d bless her addled little mind.  :)

ROTFLMAO!! ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »

Well, ladies & gentlemen, Sinderella and the Golden Bra was pretty much what you might think it would be, except there were many pairs of teles on view as the maidens of the village all tried on the title garment while Prince David was searching for his princess.  Oh and there were songs whose lyrics paid little attention to meter....

Followed by GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BARES - I listened to the commentary on this film in which they declared this was the First Nudie Musical - and rated MR BK'S film as a later Major Market-Studio film.....not sure if they even ever saw it.  The producer of the film was on the commentary track and he was very funny.  There were naked people swimming, naked people water skiing, naked people playing musical instruments, AND naked people riding horses....

Jane

« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2006, 06:53:21 PM »

Matt H glad your lunch date when well.

Belated Anniversary wishes to Ginny and DR Richard.  Twenty-five years and still happy.  

Tomovoz, the photo of you and the dolphin is so sweet.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

Awesome Rexella story!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »

Now, I don't want to alarm anyone - not even Jack and Rexella (but JMK this may be on their next broadcast, and now that you have ALL the stations in the world you can see it) - but -

The Nazis are meeting in bunds in Florida and financing the return to power of the Master Race by counterfeiting $20 bills from plates made during WWII...AND they are using a motorcycle gang called Hell's Bloody Devils to overthrow the US government.

I just thought you should know!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »

DR MATTH - ask your new beau to name three Allison Hayes films - if he can do that, he is a MASTER B-film fan.  AND if he has read my internet bio of Allison - marry the man today.

Tomovoz

« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

DR JRand. Colin was 1600 kilometres away!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »

I've seen a few Canadian shows where they've referred to "black" people but I've never heard anyone referred to as "African-American" or "African-Canadian" on Canadian TV...so far.  But then I only get CBC and I don't watch it very much.

NOr have I. I have rellies on both sides of the borders and they are sometimes referred to as African-Canadians also. My cuz who lives in Saskatoon has also called the African-Americans. She also said some influences on labels comes from American media...  I just got her email and I thought I would share....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »

A major market studio film, eh?  How about that The First Nudie Musical was the first GOOD nudie musical?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2006, 07:10:48 PM »

Almost time for a NEW Pwoject Wunway!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up