Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PERKY  (Read 13057 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:PERKY
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2005, 04:15:54 PM »

I have a rarity!

Well....take something for it, go to bed, and don't you dare pass it on to the rest of us!

A rarity is purely a social disease! ;) (almost a West Side Story reference)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »

TOD

Oh gosh,, Joan Davis, Tim Considine, Eve Arden, Carl Betz, Brian Kelly, Robert Horton, and Denny "Scott" Miller (DR CP's close and personal friend).

God!  I am such a fag!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »

Joan Davis, America's Queen of Comedy in America's Favorite Television Comedy Show.  The Joan Davis Show.  I Married Joan.  Starring Joan Davis.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »

Chat in less than one half of one hour.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2005, 04:47:14 PM »

Chat in a mere ten minutes, but that doesn't mean we sit on our complacent butt cheeks on not post.

Tonight we shall be discussing the nature of NOMENCLATURE!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2005, 04:47:53 PM »

Really?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »

No, I don't think Goulet would qualify for a TOny nomination. Since Davis is not going to be in the show at the time the nominations are made, his chances of winning should he get a nomination would be slim to none, but the nominating committee surely saw him. It's the voters who wouldn't be able to if they hadn't already.

The case of Kert was very different. Jones only played two weeks, and Kert was his standby. LA CAGE has been open much longer than that.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 04:51:45 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2005, 04:52:28 PM »

Wow!

I got DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and DEADWOOD watched today. I have the DVR completely cleared of recorded shows for a change!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2005, 04:52:38 PM »

Chat in a mere five minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »

I think I shall chat through Safari - it was really hard getting into the chat room last night via AOL.  Or, maybe I'll give AOL a whirl.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2005, 04:54:07 PM »

And I will be revealing certain things in chat that only chatters will be privvy to.

Ben

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2005, 05:12:21 PM »

As Matt H. said, La Cage has been running quite a long time. It opened in December. It's been running far too long for any replacement to even be considered. The whole Larry Kert/Dean Jones thing was a special circumstance that was dealt with by the Tony committee. Hal Prince discusses the whole issue in his book. I think, though I may be mistaken, Craig Zadan writes about it also in Sondheim and Company.

At this point, Robert Goulet is a replacement in a (somewhat) long running show. Gary Beach will most likely be nominated. I don't know about Davis. Certainly, I don't think anyone else in the show will be nominated. If Davis had stayed with the show, I think he would have been nominated, even if he wasn't getting along with his co-star. Those are my thoughts on the matter. Now I must run away for a few minutes and try to come back by 8:30 for a few minutes in chat.

Those of you who have never chatted before, get your typing fingers ready. It can get fast and furious in there ;-)

George

« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »

Thanks for the info, MattH and Ben!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2005, 06:06:26 PM »

I just left chat and it was sparkling and informative. There are still folk in the room. Go on, don't be afraid. They can't hurt you, it's all virtual.

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2005, 06:13:12 PM »

It was quite an exciting chat...and the things that were revealed! OH, gosh!!

George

« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »

Things that have been revealed only in chat! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2005, 06:22:11 PM »

I think I shall chat through Safari - it was really hard getting into the chat room last night via AOL.  Or, maybe I'll give AOL a whirl.

I went on to Chat through Safari as well.  And a lovely, lively Chat it was!  Gossip was bared, no holds barred.  I was surprised by the crowd as well.  What times we had.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2005, 06:25:12 PM »

What a lovely crowd we had.  And yes, things were revealed only to those in attendance, as always.  We laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more, we laughed again.  We dished the dirt and we dirted the dish.  There are still people there, so drop in.  I'll be back shortly.

George

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2005, 06:40:17 PM »

I have left chat...it's time for food and my housemate's cat won't leave me alone.  At least she's no longer farting in my face! ::)

Danise

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2005, 06:42:20 PM »

HI all!  Just stopped by for a moment. I have to get up early to go get a blood draw at the doctors.  

Just wanted to say I enjoyed chat.  

That and don't up load your digital pictures to Walmarts site to have them printed out for you.  I did it on Saturday night and just got an e-mail stating it will take 5 business days to get the prints!  Agggh! I am highly displeased.  

Also, I have to forget the lap top computer for now.  Will get into details on that subject tomorrow.  

I hope DR Penny got home ok if she left NYC.  Safe travel vibes to DR Jose, where ever he is.  I can't keep up with him!

Have a great evening!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2005, 06:43:23 PM »

Whew!  Just left my first HHW live chat.  I'd wondered how it would differ from posting here and now I know!  What fun - maybe next time I'll feel better and be able to sparkle!

While we were chatting, DH Richard came home with the EASTER PARADE DVD for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2005, 06:46:28 PM »

Jane, I finished reading The Kite Runner today.  It lived up to all the recommendations I'd received and I'm looking forward to discussing it Thursday evening with my group.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jed

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2005, 06:54:02 PM »

What a lively and sparkling chat!  Quite fun to have one again.  Hopefully won't be quite as long before the next one!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2005, 07:12:59 PM »

Hi Stuart  :)

Joey get well quickly vibes.  

DerBrucer & Vixmom-LOL

Danise we use an on-line service to print our digital photo’s.  It takes about seven days-just a couple of more days and you don’t have to go to Wal-Mart.

Ginny I’m so happy you agree about THE KITE RUNNER.  Have you heard anything about THE KNOWN WORLD by Edward P. Jones?  I was told, by someone who hasn’t read either book, it is supposed to be better than Kite Runner.  I checked it out and it didn’t appeal to me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

God!  I am such a fag!!![/font][/size][/center]

Might one assume your favorite show was "To Tell the Truth"?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2005, 07:23:08 PM »

... my housemate's cat won't leave me alone.  At least she's no longer farting in my face! ::)

One trusts "she" is the cat and not the housemate!

der Brucer (indefinite pronouns can be a bitch!)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2005, 07:26:38 PM »

Those of us who are Tiem Zone challenged had a delightful one-man chat between 5-6 PM EST.

Between 5-7 PM PST we had a "bargain" dinner at Cafe Zeus - buy one get one free.  The tab was a very modest NOT $140. G-d, good taste is expensive.

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »

Except for the turkeys it has been a frustrating day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2005, 07:35:27 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Oh, the things that were revealed in chat.

NOMENCLATURE!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2005, 07:36:14 PM »

I stumbled on this teaser headline on FNC:

Enormous' New BK Sandwich
[/b]

Naturally, I asked myself - "A new BK sandwich, what is it, fish?"

Well, it turns out it's Burger King's new  "efficienct meal" for the obese-inclined:

The Enormous Omelet Sandwich carries 730 calories and 47 grams of fat and comes with two eggs, sausage, three strips of bacon and two slices of melted American cheese on a bun. It's heftier than a Whopper hamburger, which weighs in at 700 calories and 42 grams of fat.

Officials at Miami-based Burger King Corp. (search) said that healthier choices are also available, but surveys showed customers wanted bigger sandwiches.
"By expanding our indulgent breakfast sandwich menu, Burger King restaurants now offer even more alternatives for our guests who want a convenient and filling breakfast," said Russ Klein, Burger King's chief global marketing officer.

der Brucer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up