Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A FISTFUL OF NOTES  (Read 31934 times)

MBarnum

Re:A FISTFUL OF NOTES
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2005, 03:57:53 PM »

Here it is - a picture from what must have been the SCARIEST production of LI'L ABNER ever!  The leads are at the top, and Daisy Mae certainly has broadened her HO-rizons!  :o

http://chanticleertheatre.org/Gallery/1990-1999/91%20Lil%20Abner.jpg

I will have to someday post photos from Phoenix High Schools 1980 production of LI'L ABNER, featuring Michael Barnum as townsperson.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 04:00:57 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:30 PM »

...and the 1981 production of BLITHE SPIRIT starring Michael Barnum as Dr. Bradman.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »

Oh....well - I've ALWAYS had that!  It makes me what I am.

Well...don't stop being yourself!  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2005, 04:05:35 PM »

Well...don't stop being yourself!  :D

Couldn't if I tried!  ;D

MBARNUM did your all-region DVD player arrive yet?  Have you tried it out?   ???

LOL SWW....peanut of course.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

...and the 1981 production of BLITHE SPIRIT starring Michael Barnum as Dr. Bradman.

Yes those would be quite popular here at HHW!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

Milk chocolate or peanut?

Oh, it's always "peanut."

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2005, 04:07:50 PM »

My all region player did indeed arrive, however I have yet to hook it up!  ::)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2005, 04:19:33 PM »

Oh my - I think Freidrich Von Trapp has been in the Yokumberry tonic!  :o

http://www.peoriaplayers.org/gallery/1990s/soundofmusic.html

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2005, 05:10:47 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from my walk!  Another great afternoon for a walk.  I did my usual up and down Carytown route, but I did walk the aisles at Ukrop's and in the process picked up some Devil's Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing - and they were on sale too!  Then I bought my winning lottery ticket for tonight's LottoSouth drawing and Friday's MegaMillions drawing.  I forgot to buy my winning MegaMillions ticket yesterday which is why the jackpot is where it is right now.  ;)

Then I went by Mary Angela's Pizza where I picked up an Italian Sub (ham, salami and provolone) and some potato chips.  Both were very good.  And the sandwich was wrapped in foil - since it was toasted - and then placed in a paper bag.  The chips - Lay's Dill Pickle - came in their own bag.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2005, 05:12:52 PM »

...Well, I will give my roommate points for not minding to get his hands dirty.  When I got back from my walk, he was out front pulling weeds out of the "garden".  And he did a rather thorough job, and is contemplating on heading out tomorrow to Lowe's and getting some plants to set up an English garden.  We shall see...  But the garden does look better now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2005, 05:13:36 PM »

....Must not eat all the Devil's Food Cupcakes...

:-X
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »

My Ask BK /Jose/Larry and all you other astute DR's:
 what Broadway (or other) songs would you recommend for a 11 -12 year old girl ...

her voice teacher says she can select her next few numbers, (teacher likes the show tunes) so far she has sung  "In His Eyes" and  "Someone Like You" from J & H, "Castle in a Cloud", "Bring Him Home". "I Dreamed a Dream" "and On My Own" from Le Miz,  and "Music of the Night" and  "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom.

She has been leaning towards 'Never Never Land' from Peter Pan and "I'm Not That Girl", "Dancing Through Life" 'Defying Gravity" and "The Wizard & I" from Wicked.  can you suggest any perhaps less known but appropriate songs?

Hey, Big Spender?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2005, 05:20:15 PM »

Oh...  And I seem to be missing a loaf of bread that I bought Saturday.  I stopped by Montana Gold Bread, and bought a loaf of "struan"- a great Scottish oat bread.  When I got back to the apartment, I thought I had placed it on the kitchen table.  Then I headed over to Steve's to help with his move.  Well...

This morning, I finally remembered that I had bought the loaf - which I probably would have had to throw out today anyway since it was a fresh loaf with no preservatives.  But when I went into the kitchen, the loaf was nowhere to be found.  I asked my roomie about it, and he had no recollection of throwing anything out - on purpose or accidentally.  I looked in my car, just in case, and it was not there.  I looked in my bedroom, just in case, and it was not there either.  So...

???

Have you seen my struan?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2005, 05:23:29 PM »

Hey, Big Spender?

Or even, "Dance: Ten. Looks: Three"

*Which, horror of horrors, I have seen performed by a 10(!!!!)-year old girl at an audition once.  Complete with the internal monologue, choreography and "appropriate" hand gestures.  We actually let her do the whole song since we weren't able to stop her due to the collective shock we were all in.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2005, 05:23:45 PM »

Oh...  And I seem to be missing a loaf of bread that I bought Saturday.  I stopped by Montana Gold Bread, and bought a loaf of "struan"- a great Scottish oat bread.  When I got back to the apartment, I thought I had placed it on the kitchen table.  Then I headed over to Steve's to help with his move.  Well...

This morning, I finally remembered that I had bought the loaf - which I probably would have had to throw out today anyway since it was a fresh loaf with no preservatives.  But when I went into the kitchen, the loaf was nowhere to be found.  I asked my roomie about it, and he had no recollection of throwing anything out - on purpose or accidentally.  I looked in my car, just in case, and it was not there.  I looked in my bedroom, just in case, and it was not there either.  So...

???

Have you seen my struan?

I had the same experience with a bowl of spaghetti last November. I still haven't found it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2005, 05:27:40 PM »

For Ask BK/DR Day:

Has there even been a reference/word/plot-point/etc. that you read/saw/heard in a play/movie/tv-show that you didn't get the first time... But then years later, something just clicked in your mind, and it suddenly made sense after the fact?

-For myself, a lot of the phrases and references in the Montages in A Chorus Line did not make sense to me until a few years after I had already been listening to the LP almost religiously.  With age comes wisdom.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2005, 05:30:15 PM »

I had the same experience with a bowl of spaghetti last November. I still haven't found it.

Hmmm...  Your bowl of spaghetti... My loaf of bread...

Who's missing a wedge of parmesan cheese?  or bottle of Chianti?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2005, 05:33:39 PM »

I eat out at least once a week. My buddy Mark and I almost always have lunch on Fridays...before he got himself a boyfriend we would usually meet for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, as well...this is what has caused me to gain a few pounds over the last couple of years! I blame it all on Mark!

Although if I would get to the gym more often, perhaps things would have kept their shape better.  ::)

Uhmmmm, which things lost their shape?

:o :o :o :o :o
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »

Hmmm...  Your bowl of spaghetti... My loaf of bread...

Who's missing a wedge of parmesan cheese?  or bottle of Chianti?

Well, if The Vixter needs a science experiment, her mom knows who to call.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »

Last night:

Re:NEED TO BE KNEADED - NEW
« Reply #185 on: Yesterday at 07:15:49pm »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

td wrote:
I was reading a book the other day. . .

(double take) Say what?

Kitty: I was reading a book the other day.
Carlotta: Reading a book??
Kitty: Yes. It's all about civilization or something. A nutty kind of a book. Do you know that the guy says that machinery is going to take the place of every profession?
Carlotta: Oh, my dear. That's something you need never worry about.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2005, 05:51:16 PM »

Dinner is served!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2005, 05:54:46 PM »

OK, my predictions for tonight's IDOL bottom three:

Anwar, Anthony, and Constantine, with Anwar going home.

I better squeeze this in now.  My guesses for the bottom three:

Vonzell, Scott, and Anwar.

I also think Anwar will go home
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2005, 06:06:43 PM »

Speaking of cheese...

"American Idol" just started...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2005, 06:16:52 PM »

Hi all!

Well, Tom, I thought about it and if I can have the beautiful birds that you have in your yard, I want to be “exiled” as well.   :D

Right now, we have tons of lizards in our yard.  It’s that time of year again.  I even had one run up my pants leg the other day.  Not a great feeling, I must say.  Interesting but not great.  It's a good thing I like the little beasties.

My lemon tree arrived today.  I didn’t have time to put it into it’s new pot but I will try to do that tomorrow night.  I will take a picture to share when I do.  It’s very tiny.  Just a twig, really and not very impressive.

I like to read cookbooks.  I also love my cookbook software as well.  The mini movies that show how to do this or that are very interesting.

I’m not into crime books.  My favorites are mostly Sci-fi/Fantasy.  I have read most of the books about Errol Flynn’s life.  Some of them I enjoyed and some of them I thought were pure trash.  I don’t think he was a Nazi.  

I wish I could stay up and watch the Flynn movies that are on this month.  They’re just on to late.  

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Sergio Leone film or not.  I don’t know who he is!  (Gasp!)

I hope that you are feeling much better by now, DR George!  Want to come move some furniture for me?  ;)

Glad to hear that Peggy is doing well.  Poor baby but it is for the best.

The pizza was good today but it gave me an upset tummy.    :P   Ahh well.  

Sleepy time for me.  Have good evening all.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2005, 06:23:42 PM »

DRJMK, I've never heard a reference to its being by another writer either.  If it were, my guess would be their publisher Frank Loesser, who supposedly either bullied his client Meredith Willson into reshaping "My White Knight" or reshaped it himself.  I would guess from your comment about the manuscript's being different, that the song was written late, possibly out of town, and another copyist working for Mathilda Pincus did the copying of it.

This why I heard that My WHite Night was dropped from the film. Wilson and Loesser had a falling out and he refused permission for the song to be in the film and this is why Being In Love was written in its place.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2005, 06:25:07 PM »

Ask BK:

The Barry Manilow type songs that are the music of bruce kimmel cd are there long version of them?
Never stop dreaming.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »

My favorite movie without a villain, coincidentally is Sergio Leone's rarely screened THE GOOD, THE GOOD AND THE UGLY.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2005, 06:29:51 PM »

Nice tunnel photos, JoseS. They don't really give an idea just how long that tunnel is. Actually, the way they look you can tell people you were standing on the subway tracks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »

This why I heard that My WHite Night was dropped from the film. Wilson and Loesser had a falling out and he refused permission for the song to be in the film and this is why Being In Love was written in its place.

I thought it was "on the record" that the main reason they replaced "My White Knight" was so that they would have a song eligible to be nominated for the Oscars that year since the rest of the score was pre-existing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2005, 06:38:19 PM »

Nice tunnel photos, JoseS. They don't really give an idea just how long that tunnel is. Actually, the way they look you can tell people you were standing on the subway tracks.

Thanks, DR Rodzinksi.  Although, the credit must go to you since you were the photographer.  I was just the subject.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up