Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THINGS FRUIT  (Read 24018 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:ALL THINGS FRUIT
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2005, 09:17:24 AM »

And, now, Ladies and Gentlemen... Madames et Messieurs....

PAGE FOUR!!!![/b][/size]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 09:17:54 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2005, 09:17:34 AM »

???

Must be the heat.

:P

..............Or some rare disease, la, la, la.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »

And, now, Ladies and Gentlemen... Madames et Messieurs....

PAGE THREE!!![/b][/size]

Ahhhhhhhhhh........ PAGE FOUR.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2005, 09:21:34 AM »

Ben!  So nice to see you online.  Please give Ant my belated birthday greetings.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2005, 09:23:51 AM »

Ahhhhhhhhhh........ PAGE FOUR.

Why what could you be talking about?

;D

Again... Must be the heat...

...Or some not so rare disease...

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2005, 09:36:53 AM »

Tacky, Jose, very very tacky!
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2005, 09:37:13 AM »

I never met a fruit I didn't like!

If I had to pick a least favorite..hmmm...maybe pears only because they are sort of messy to eat.

My favorite way of eating  fruit is in a pie...love berrie pies!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2005, 10:14:07 AM »

You are cruel, BK.  You are the elixer of cruelty.

Right when I'm in my first week as a supermarket cashier, you ask about favorite fruits?  Do you have any idea what it's like, trying to remember all those codes for the veggies and fruits, so that I don't have to look them up each and every time?

Bananas - 4011
Limes - 4048
Lemons - 4958
Apricots - 4218

Fortunately, most of the fruits that are sold have those little stickers, with the codes printed on them.  Yep, those little stickers that are stuck on each and every fruit, that you have to peel off before you eat them.  They're there for us checkers, to tell us what the code is.  We punch in the code on our keypad, and whether it's by weight or by the number of that fruit being sold, and everything is computed for us.  Danged handy, but it helps if we memorize them, just because it's faster.

Yesterday went pretty well; I was training on one of the fast lanes, with a limit on how much was supposed to be in each cart (fifteen items).  But when it slows down, there's no problem with calling someone over to the fast lane, to help them get out more quickly.  I did exactly this, of course, when I saw a befuddled-looking grandmother trying to decide where to go.  She had a fairly full cart, but there were no other customers in my lane.

It turned out that she was the head of a clan of eight, with three filled carts waiting to be checked out!  I had a ball, trying to keep everything moving smoothly, and I had to bag everything myself, as the baggers were all working in other lanes.  The grandmother and I were laughing about it all, having a grand time!  And, when I told Dixie, the shift manager, what had happened, her only negative comment was that I should have turned off my "fifteen items" light, so that other customers wouldn't get frustrated.  Heck, I'll take negative comments like that any day, if they're constructive and can help me do my job better!

Cilantro - 4889
Parsley - 4899

Broccoli (by the bunch) - 4060
Broccoli (crowns only) - 3082
White Corn (sold by the ear) - 4077

(Corn looks particularly good this year.  I didn't know what fresh corn could taste like until I moved here!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2005, 10:14:53 AM »

I think the key word is Broadway cast recording.

The first Lorelei recording was for the Tour. The second Lorelei recording was for the version that ending up on Broadway.

Just as Mary Martin was the London/tour recording it does not qualify.

Correct.  This is how I understood the conversation.

The 2nd Fringe recording was

Beyond the Fringe '64

I don't know the show, but was the Beyond the Fringe '64 the same show just with different people or was it like Forbidden Broadway, where there was a new edition?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2005, 10:29:58 AM »

Or maybe it's fleas
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2005, 10:33:19 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I think we're about to head out... I think...

I'm done paying my bills, and catching up on my newspapers.  And Steve has been tracking down MIDI files for some of the pieces he'll be doing rehearsal CDs.  Luckily, most of it classical and in public domain, so he's been finding most of it.  Unfortunately(?), it's Christmas music.  So... Well, at least I won't have to be here listening to it day in and out for a few weeks.  But, maybe the Christmas music will help ease the heat and humidity of the Richmond summer for Steve.  And his neighbors!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2005, 10:37:03 AM »

While browsing the Sprint PCS site, I decided to check out the Ring Tones section.  Who knew?!?!?  I could have songs from Avenue Q, Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, or even Hair and Hairspray as my ring tones.  Pop, Hip-Hop, Country, Jazz, Gospel, etc.  There's even College Fight Songs.

My "favorite" section was there ones with the Spanish woman's (voice) reading sexy greetings.."Hey, Papi.."  Unfortunately, there was no sexy man's voice... But I'm sure there's a website for those too somewhere.  And that search shall have to wait for another day.  Or not.

But who knew?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2005, 10:37:42 AM »

OK... Now we're heading out.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2005, 10:39:15 AM »

While browsing the Sprint PCS site, I decided to check out the Ring Tones section.  Who knew?!?!?  I could have songs from Avenue Q, Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, or even Hair and Hairspray as my ring tones.  Pop, Hip-Hop, Country, Jazz, Gospel, etc.  There's even College Fight Songs.

My "favorite" section was there ones with the Spanish woman's (voice) reading sexy greetings.."Hey, Papi.."  Unfortunately, there was no sexy man's voice... But I'm sure there's a website for those too somewhere.  And that search shall have to wait for another day.  Or not.

But who knew?!?!
But not the theme from Good Eats?

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2005, 10:41:01 AM »

But who knew?!?!

My friend Kathy went on-line and listened to some of the "ringtones" that were available to her, and one was her name!  It started out quietly, but got louder:

"Kathy.  Kathy, your phone is ringing.  KATHY!  KATHY!!!!!!!!  ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!!  KATHY!!!!!  YOUR PHONE IS RINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!"  

It was hysterical! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »

The Kiwis are Going Native!  They're Taking Over!!!

Wild kiwifruit are serious environmental weeds. Vines pose a danger to native bush and exotic forest, as they are very long-lived and grow prolifically, strangling and even breaking trees. A single 30-year-old wild vine can smother 1000 square metres of scrub and young bush.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2005, 10:44:30 AM »

And now it is time for me to get ready to go to work!

George

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2005, 10:49:46 AM »

Today is SUPER SATURDAY at The Evergreen State College!  It's their annual celebration!:  

Super Saturday is the premiere event for The Evergreen State College and the largest one-day arts, crafts and music festival in [Washington] state, offering a wide variety of entertainment and attractions to nearly 20,000 attendees. June 11th marks the 27th Annual Super Saturday where people from all over the community will travel to the Evergreen campus to explore the arts and crafts of over a hundred vendors, experience 30 live performances from bands, dancers and other artists; and take in a number of fun kids’ activities, not to mention loads of great food!

I'm on my way (a Wise Guys/Bounce reference) and will eat my way across campus.  They have so many different things, and it's the first appearance of the year of the Demo Burger! (as opposed to the Republican shredded beef or chicken or whatever it is that they sell ::).)

After that I might be going to a co-worker's 60th birthday (no gifts, please) party.  I'm still not sure if I want to go, but we'll see what it'll be like after SUPER SATURDAY!

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2005, 10:51:35 AM »

Lawn mowed

weeds pulled (mostly)

Chatted with neighbor's mother Gladys

Now need to shower.

George

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2005, 10:54:16 AM »

As for fruits, bananas, oranges, grapes, grapefruit, pineapple, peaches, cherries, blueberries (mainly only in pies or yogurt, though), lemons, limes, watermelon.

Fruits I don't like:  papaya, cantaloupe, honeydew, kiwi, raspberries, blackberries.

That's it for now. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2005, 11:03:42 AM »

I think I shall get 7 SAMURAI.

HOWEVER, I must say that Mr Toshiro Mifune's outfit makes the Italian Hercules' garb seem modest.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

Ooh, I love fruit. My favorites are kiwis (I can swallow a kiwi whole, but my mom gets mad when I do that), cucumbers and little baby corns (both ingredients of floop), chocolate, and of course cherries and the cola fruit (Cherry Coke!). Black olives and bell peppers are good too. And apples. McIntosh apples. I also like the wolffia fruit, although I've never seen one. It's the world's smallest fruit, slightly smaller than a grain of salt.

My least favorite fruits are FIGS, bananas, coffee, okra, and I'm sure there are more.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2005, 11:17:51 AM »

The most modest photo I can find of Mr Mifune is his battle outfit.  :o

Ben

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »

Tom, thanks for your greeting. I will tell Anthony.

True, I'm not on much during the weekend, but with my husband gone I must find things with which to occupy my time. This fills the bill nicely.

Also going to a movie w/DR Elmoore (AKA Larry). We are thinking about Cinderella Man. Larry should be on his way home from 14th Street now and we will meet up around 5:30.

It's been hot but not as hot as yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be VERY hot (90 degrees) and there's a parade in town (you know the reference don't you???). The Puerto Rican Day Parade will wind its way up Fifth Avenue and then in two weeks the Gay Pride March will work its way down Fifth Avenue to Christopher Street and Hudson.

Enough of schedules for summer fun in New York. I must go now and do things to prepare for Larry. It's hot and I must perform my mid-afternoon abloutions (almost a Sweeney reference but not quite).

Bye!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2005, 12:39:50 PM »

Took time today to clear off several half hour sitcoms and THE GREEN HORNET from the DVR today. Watched about 30 minutes more of RAGING BULL on DVD, but then I decided I needed to rest before tonight's show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2005, 12:43:10 PM »

I forgot about the TOD! I am a big fan of fresh fruit. Love oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, and many others. I'll eat mandarin oranges from the can and pineapple from the can, too, if I can't get any fresh pineapple.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2005, 12:49:03 PM »

If you go to CINDERELLA MAN, we (or some of us) will want to hear how sexy Craig Bierko is (playing champion Max Baer). I know the character is portrayed as a ferocious, lip-snarling villain in the movie (his real-life son - Jethro Bodine - has already lodged his complaints about the decidedly negative depiction of his father for the sake of a dramatic arc; i.e. hero versus villain), but I want to get your take on his looks, etc. Supposedly, he underwent a tremendous physical regime to bulk up for the role since Max Baer was known to have a perfect physique (and if you ever see THE PRIZEFIGHTER. AND THE LADY with Baer and Myrna Loy, you'll know he did.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »

You beat me to the punch, DR Michael Shayne. Mary Martin NEVER played Broadway with HELLO, DOLLY, and the entire discussion was (supposed to be) about Broadway cast replacements re-recording the Broadway score on a new album.

Well, I was actually speculating on possibilities, but it certainly got a lot of panties into bunches!  I forgot one of the most famous examples:  COMPANY, which replaced Dean Jones' vocals with Larry Kert's, for the "London cast recording" but kept everything else from the Broadway cast recording.

Did anyone mention this recording and I missed it?  I hate being dragged over the coals!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 02:17:29 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2005, 01:49:10 PM »

I love fruit.  Favorites include pears, blueberries, raspberries, and grapes.  I used to hate bananas, but now I'm rather fond of them.  Apples, I can take them or leave them.  Oranges are okay, but too often dry and hard to peel.  The little Satsumas and tangerines are a huge favorite of mine.  I often buy a box or four during the holiday season :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2005, 01:51:18 PM »

Sandra's post about the Worlds Smallest Fruit peaked my interest, and I just had to do some searching.  Here is a pic of the tiny little fruits, along side grains of salt.  Amazing little buggers, no?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up