Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUR HUNGRY MAWS  (Read 20000 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:OUR HUNGRY MAWS
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »

Now, I'm heading down to clean the den and then get ready for another evening marathon on TV viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2006, 02:38:32 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  So, it's official - we'll be extending one month, but only doing two shows a week, Friday and Saturday - we've been doing really well on those nights, and Thurs and Sun are very hard to sell.

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »

Page Five Peter Pan Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »

And now, I'm really leaving.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2006, 02:48:24 PM »

My best friend Ron Raines is nominated for a Daytime Emmy today!  I hope he wins this year.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 02:48:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »

My exec at Disney really liked the spots.  She only had one question about one word (which, of course, has been in the script since day one and was, in fact, her word to begin with), but that's an easy VO change.  Other than that, she thought we should use the Playhouse Disney graphics (my editor created his own little efx moves) and that, too, is really easy to do.  The rest of the people will see the spots on Friday morning and we'll have any notes soon thereafter.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2006, 03:02:54 PM »

Have some interesting titles shipping to me via Netflix right now....CHUSHINGURA  and ANYTHING GOES.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

His name was David Horgan. I know he did a lot of regional theater back in the 1980s, and I heard he landed some national commercials later in the 1980s. He may even have guest starred on some shows, but I didn't watch TV much in the 1980s, so I wouldn't know if he got to LA or not.

Matt, could THIS be the same David Horgan?  He only has one movie credit, but you never know.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2006, 03:03:29 PM »

RE BAMBI II: good gracious, it's not like this is the first made-for-video sequel that Disney has done with one of their classics. THE LITTLE MERMAID, CINDERELLA, LADY AND THE TRAMP, PETER PAN, POCAHONTAS, MULAN, THE LION KING have all had video sequels, and ALADDIN has had two of them.

And don't forget (unless you really want to) "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II." :P

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »

DakotaCelt

~~~Vibes~~ for yor friend's daughter.

THanks, I will forward the vibes!!

I Got an email this morning from my friend and she said it does not seem to slowing her down at all. She is a tad more cranky than usual...

I will take that as a good sign!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

And speaking of Shenandoah...

The upcoming production of Shenandoah at Ford's Theatre just started rehearsals this week.  Scott Bakula is starring as Papa Charlie.

*Something tells me there should be quite the mix of fans at the stage door waiting for Mr. Bakula.

I went to a production at Ford's Theatre many years ago caled "On Shiloh's Hill". IT was pretty good.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

I do like Patrick Stewart.    The roles I liked him best in was as Sejanus in I, Claudius and I have a sound recording of his one man show of A Chrsitmas Carol that is really wonderful.

I am also a Patrick Stewart fan and I enjoyed his work on the Chistmas Carol and I, Claudius. Loved him on Star Trek: TNG

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2006, 03:30:23 PM »

Hmm... I really do want to get some sort of run in today... But the temps have only climbed to just about 39 degrees... However, I do have my thermals and workout clothes... Which is what they're made for, so...

We shall see...

SEnd warm weather... it was -12 here this morning!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  So, it's official - we'll be extending one month, but only doing two shows a week, Friday and Saturday - we've been doing really well on those nights, and Thurs and Sun are very hard to sell.

THat is good to hear....

Break a leg!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »

My best friend Ron Raines is nominated for a Daytime Emmy today!  I hope he wins this year.  

NBC did not get any and then I am not surprised... Too bad for Matt and Missy they were submitted as prenoms and did not get selected.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »

Wish him well for me!! I hope he wins also.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2006, 03:52:06 PM »

If Disney ever releases I Claudius II, will it automatically be Claudius III?  No groaning allowed.....
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2006, 03:57:15 PM »

If Disney ever releases I Claudius II, will it automatically be Claudius III?  No groaning allowed.....

How about a an ever-so-slightly raised eyebrow?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »

JMK, I think all of your jokes today are going way over my head. LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »

I am going to see GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK at the theatre this evening.

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »

And tomorrow, if all goes well, I will have my new furnace installed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

LOL, I just wrote a long post venting my moving frustrations from the day.  When I hit post, it said I wasn't logged in and the post was lost. That's probably for the best.  I just have to go with the flow now.  It's getting close enough that what I get done is what I get done and what isn't will just have to stay at the house until I can get to it. It isn't like I have to be out by a certain date and my handyman will come back and help me with anything I need.

So, I am going to go get some dinner - see if I can find an adapter plug for my dryer and come home and start working again.  It's the best plan I can think of. I'm going to take the computer and stereo up there tonight, so I won't be online again until Friday - after the move.  See you then

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2006, 04:12:30 PM »

Explaining my semi-hilarious joke department:

"I" Claudius = 1

"I" Claudius "II" = 3

OK?  Never mind, just IV-get it.   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »

"I" Claudius = 1

"I" Claudius "II" = 3

I'm guessing "semi-" is the key modifier.

-Ever-so-slightly raising the other eyebrow now.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2006, 04:47:54 PM »

"I" Claudius = 1

"I" Claudius "II" = 3

Oof.

Perhaps things would work out better if the sequel is retitled "Ego, Claudius II"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2006, 04:53:18 PM »

Oh...  And I realized that a friend of mine had sent me that Honda Civic link... However, it's still cool.  You do need a high-speed connection, but it's worth the wait.

http://www.honda.co.uk/civic/

Click on "Watch Civic" after the initial page loads.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »

Hello, fellow Dear Readers.

Well, I would rant today, but I'm too tired. The short story is that although the printer was delivered, the IT guy to install it never showed up or called. We waited two hours.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2006, 05:05:44 PM »

DR LAURA....the printer saga continues....  Hopefully it will reach its conclusion tomorrow.

DRMATTH thanks so much for sharing the SHENANDOAH photo....looks like a great cast!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2006, 05:06:02 PM »

DR VIXMOM....I have to say it:  Leggo my Moses.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »

MR BK congrats on the Disney spots....sounds like money and more assignments to me!  

AND CONGRATS on the extension!  Theatre IS a weekend activity for most people....that is...Friday and Saturday.  Our season ticket sales for those two days is greater than Wednesday and Thursday for both weeks..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up