Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 23021 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2006, 11:29:59 AM »

My home-made lasagna! (okay, it's really just "assembled"...I make it with a sauce mix) ;D But it's pretty darned good.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2006, 11:30:51 AM »

Well the producer of the Mario Frangoulis concert just sent me my 2005 1099!  Only two weeks late, and the excuse is how damned busy he's been.  I now have to pay to have my taxes redone, and I am furious.   He will be invoiced for the new charges.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2006, 11:32:56 AM »

Well the producer of the Mario Frangoulis concert just sent me my 2005 1099!  Only two weeks late, and the excuse is how damned busy he's been.  I now have to pay to have my taxes redone, and I am furious.   He will be invoiced for the new charges.

He could also be fined for breaking a Federal Tax Law.  :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »

Would it be easiercheaper to file an amended return later in the year rather than changing everything?

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2006, 11:56:28 AM »

I used to have a recipe on how to doctor up boxed macaroni and cheese...and it was very good!  However, I lost the recipe several years ago. :P I've tried to figure something out from memory and/or experimentation, but I just can't get it right.  Oh, well.

DR George - I think I have this recipe at home.  It's what I use to make what's fondly referred to in our household as "Tuna Glop."  You start with a blue box of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, prepare as directed with a little extra milk, add a can of cream of celery OR mushroom OR chicken soup and a choice of meats - tuna, chicken, cut-up hotdogs, etc.  My favorite combo is cream of celery soup, tuna, and a can of mushrooms.  Bake at 325 for about half an hour.  Great comfort food, with peas on the side and corn muffins.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »

Tuna Glop must have scared everybody off!  Except DRs Ben and DantheMan, hearty souls.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:09:51 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2006, 12:12:10 PM »

I love tuna glop - once your macaroni is done.....everything else can be prepared and served in the SAME dish!  I always add the peas before baking, and sometimes put Ritz Cracker crumbs on top.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »

Not recommended for those on a diet.

Ben

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »

Speaking of Tuna Glop, I just copied it and sent it to my home e-mail. I'll make it for dinner some night soon and let you know how Anthony likes it. Sounds good to me :-)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »

Be prepared to spend some time sitting down after eating, DR BEN.  And of course the only dessert that can follow it, is ice cream.

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2006, 12:19:32 PM »

I love tuna glop - once your macaroni is done.....everything else can be prepared and served in the SAME dish!  I always add the peas before baking, and sometimes put Ritz Cracker crumbs on top.

Sometimes I, too, put the peas in the casserole before baking.  My topping of choice is sprinkled paprika.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »

Oh Paprika.....that would be even more interesting with the ginger gimlet!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 12:23:22 PM »

The Men's Free Skate is going on right now, and will be complete by 5 pm EST.  Not sure if I want to search for the results or not.  Hmmmm.....

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2006, 12:29:31 PM »

The Men's Free Skate is going on right now, and will be complete by 5 pm EST.  Not sure if I want to search for the results or not.  Hmmmm.....

Monday, I managed NOT to know how the pairs turned out, so I'm going to great lengths today to avoid learning today's results.  I have to go to my book group tonight, but should be home by the time NBC gets around to showing the top skaters.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2006, 12:30:17 PM »

Tuna Glop must have scared everybody off!  Except DRs Ben and DantheMan, hearty souls.

Tuna Glop sounds delish.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2006, 12:33:28 PM »

The Olympics, war in Iraq, VP Cheney shoots a friend....and regularly scheduled programming here in Indiana has just been interrupted for coverage of a press conference:

IU Basketball Coach Mike Davis is expected to resign.

Do we have our priorities straight ur whut?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:43 PM »

I need a lime or lemon wedge.  I have a bottle of seltzer on my desk that I bought this morning and now it's room temperature.  Drinkable, but it needs zing, it need zest, it needs pow.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2006, 12:37:43 PM »

Would it be easiercheaper to file an amended return later in the year rather than changing everything?

DR JRand55. I really don't know, but I was prepared to pick up my tax forms tomorrow and now I may have to cancel a financial meeting about the IRS on Monday because of this screwed up situation.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2006, 12:39:14 PM »

DR George - I think I have this recipe at home.  It's what I use to make what's fondly referred to in our household as "Tuna Glop."  You start with a blue box of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, prepare as directed with a little extra milk, add a can of cream of celery OR mushroom OR chicken soup and a choice of meats - tuna, chicken, cut-up hotdogs, etc.  My favorite combo is cream of celery soup, tuna, and a can of mushrooms.  Bake at 325 for about half an hour.  Great comfort food, with peas on the side and corn muffins.

In college, we used to add tuna and a can of mushroms to the Kraft packaged Noodles Romanoff and call it Toodles Romanoff

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »

I need a lime or lemon wedge.  I have a bottle of seltzer on my desk that I bought this morning and now it's room temperature.  Drinkable, but it needs zing, it need zest, it needs pow.

It needs Moxy!

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2006, 12:40:41 PM »

There is a "State" funeral here in OZ for Australia's (then) richest man - for what he has done for our country!!  Priorities.  If his money created jobs etc it would not be through his altruism!! A "celebrity" event at the Sydney Opera house. Do the Australian taxpayers really need to pay for this?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »

Mike Davis just thanked God for his opportunity at IU, but it's time to go after six years.

Bottom line after all the bull:  he leaves at the end of the season with $800,000 of the taxpayer's money for doing nothing for the next two years.

God ignored the Holocaust, but he wanted Mike Davis at IU and DREAMGIRLS to win the Tony.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »

There is a "State" funeral here in OZ for Australia's (then) richest man - for what he has done for our country!!  Priorities.  If his money created jobs etc it would not be through his altruism!! A "celebrity" event at the Sydney Opera house. Do the Australian taxpayers really need to pay for this?

Didn't this guy die about three weeks ago?!?  Why is it taking so long to bury people these days?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

In college, we used to add tuna and a can of mushroms to the Kraft packaged Noodles Romanoff and call it Toodles Romanoff

;D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »

Work is very busy today

That is all.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »

Didn't this guy die about three weeks ago?!?  Why is it taking so long to bury people these days?

They're clearly not running out of ice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:14 PM »

God ignored the Holocaust, but he wanted Mike Davis at IU and DREAMGIRLS to win the Tony.

I wish he wanted me to win the lottery.  But then Bruce Coughlin won a Tony.  Maybe God is dead.

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »

They're clearly not running out of ice.
With the family's money there would have been no shortage of ice.
It is of course a "Memorial Service".  There was a private funeral.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »

As of this moment, 16 skaters have performed in the men's long program.

Weir will skate 19th and Plushenko 21st.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2006, 12:57:33 PM »

Is the state, perhaps, going to get most of his estate?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up