Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MACARONI AND CHEESE  (Read 26615 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MACARONI AND CHEESE
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2006, 09:49:51 AM »

I'm done here, and will hand deliver the tapes now.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2006, 09:55:50 AM »

Hard day at the Office Department

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - The sheriff said Friday he will no longer allow detectives to receive sexual services while investigating suspected prostitution after they spent $1,200 at massage parlors last month and sparked a public outcry.

Spotsylvania County Sheriff Howard Smith defended the practice as necessary to obtain a conviction but told his department he was suspending it.

“As sheriff, I understand the feelings and concerns the citizens of this county have expressed,” Smith said in a statement sent to the Associated Press. “And I empathize with those feelings. Because of the public’s express response, I have suspended this practice.”

Court documents show that four times last month, county detectives allowed women at Moon Spa to perform sex acts on them — once leaving a $350 tip. A total of $1,200 was spent during the visits, Smith said. He said multiple visits were necessary so detectives could build trust with the operators.

Detectives shut down Moon Spa last month. The two suspected operators and three women accused of working there face several charges, including prostitution and sodomy, Smith said.

Smith maintained the sexual contact was necessary to obtain a conviction. But law enforcement officials say undercover officers only need to get an offer of sex for money to move the case forward.

The practice has been used in Spotsylvania since at least 2003.

Earlier this week, Smith told the Washington Post that sexual contact is needed during the investigations because most professionals know not to say anything incriminating. And conversation is difficult, he said, because masseuses at the Asian-run parlors in the northern Virginia county speak little English.

But several members of Spotsylvania’s Board of Supervisors have spoken out against the methods used in the investigation.

“All of us ... have been worried about this episode tarnishing the county and making us a laughingstock of the nation,” board chairman Henry “Hap” Connors told the AP Friday. “That’s why I came out early on and asked the sheriff to cease using these tactics.”

Spotsylvania Commonwealth’s Attorney William Neely said he respects Smith’s decision to end the practice, but refused to apologize for the officers’ tactics.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »

That poor sheriff's department--another few visits and they would have cracked the case.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:12:30 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »

Entrapment!  Is there a lovelier word?  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2006, 10:16:50 AM »

Where has JMK been lately?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2006, 10:27:56 AM »

Great KIRU story.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »

DRMBARNUM is there a link to the WB DVD site?  Or did someone post it already?

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2006, 10:49:21 AM »

I feel sure Stevie will be let go on Thursday night. Her song choice was terrible, completely uninvolving, and her nerves worked against her in her fluttery soprano vocal. I can't see her garnering much support based on that performance.

I, too, do not like the mouthy, obnoxious Breena. There's not an ounce of graciousness about her.

Because Kelly lives fairly near Charlotte, of course I'm pulling for her, but her inexperience really showed last night despite the potential she also showed. I think she's make it to the finals - there are some other more forgettable average vocalists that she can outshine plus her sunny personality is very winning, but unless she gets her nerves under control and can take command of the stage (which those four I mentioned could do), I don't see her lasting very long in the finals.

It's not purely who is the best, popularity also comes into play.  I think Paris, Kellie and Lisa are guaranteed top 6 girls.  They are the most popular of the girls. And with the judges praising Katharine I think she will go through as well.

I personally think Kellie has a really sweet and real quality to her.  And her story was very moving.  She had huge airtime on the audition shows and I think even though she is inexperienced, she will probably grow the most.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2006, 11:01:18 AM »

All hell is breaking loose in New York!  We have a producer being sued for sexual harassment, grave robbers, and Donald Trump behaving ungentlemanly to Martha Stewart today.  It's a zoo.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »

Thanks for the LINK DRELMORE!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »

Poor Martha, just never gets a break, does she?  

:'(

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »

Danise is out of surgery and in the recovery room.  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2006, 11:20:22 AM »

Poor Martha, just never gets a break, does she?  

:'(

;)

As much as I like Martha, I think she fired the first volley in this imbroglio.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

I delivered everything, only to be told that we will indeed have to put every shot and its time code into the script.  There has been much confusion over this within Disney, and I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone.  When I delivered, it seemed like we wouldn't have to, then I was stopped by a very pushy individual who said he wanted it done - fine by me, they have to pay me to do it.  I think this is some new guy just trying to be completely anal in a way they've never been before.  He tried to make it seem like I should have known this, but finally admitted it was not clearly stated in the producer guidelines (it's not stated at ALL) and that they're going to amend the guidelines from here on in.  I don't think other producers will be so happy about it - it's really just busywork - they have complete edit lists of every shot and music cue burned onto a CD - to have to type them into small columns on the script is assinine and pointless, and I think they will find that to be the case - and, the joke is they will NEVER use them - they'll go right to the EDLs (edit lists) on the CD, as they've done forever.  I pointed out to this pushy gentleman that my editor and sound man, who've been doing Disney spots FOREVER, had never heard of such a thing as a comprehensive shot list in the script.  What's in the script is the dialogue used, the written voiceovers, along with show numbers and time codes for any dialogue and certain shots called out.  These script templates aren't designed to have comprehensive shot lists, and they'll go from being two pages to twenty pages, depending on how many shots.  For a lot of their producers, it won't be a prob because most of their promos are shorter than what I did, and don't contain anywhere near the number of shots I used.  Because I'm actually creative and made them really kinetic and good spots, in the :60 there are probably 53 different shots, and in the :30 there are 27.  That's a lot of shots to list in a script.  But, tomorrow at four, that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2006, 11:24:34 AM »

YAY!

Quick--while she's still under--let's write "KISS ME, YOU FOOL" on her forehead.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

Thanks for the update, DRJANE!!  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »

Great!  Will she be home today or is she staying overnight?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »

And you have to do it all with a headache!

Hello, Nellie!  Well hello, Nellie!
It's so nice to have you back where you belong!
You're looking swell, Nellie!
We can tell, Nellie!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2006, 11:33:38 AM »

The WARNERS chat held some great news.  Interested especially in what may be a Glenn Ford set (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse).....

A SUMMER PLACE....but no other Delmer Daves films because not enough people know who he is.   Maybe they don't know his name, but they know the titles:

PARRISH, ROME ADVENTURE, SUSAN SLADE, YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE.....I would love to have them ALL on DVD!!  Great photography, design, and music....

vixmom

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »

Does naybody rmeber the name of that site  for local TV listings that was posted here a few days ago?

I thought I bookmarked it and I didn't and I forgot who posted it.

Thanks!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2006, 11:45:34 AM »

TOD:

Favorite Max Steiner scores:

For me the movies listed above PLUS Gone With The Wind

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »

Yo.

Yesterday I was feeling more like a human being, so I trundled me off to the City of Studio to visit our BK, who kindly burned a CD of NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY for me. Just by-the-way - if any of y'all would happen to listen to said CD, hang on for about 3 minutes after the music stops, for the most hilarious "after-burn" you'd ever find! Ah, the joys of producing a cast album...

Before i left his house, my old friend gave me a wondrous treasure: a mint condition glass ashtray from the Kiru - an old LA steakhouse that was owned by Bruce's dad and my dad's brother Morey way back in the day. When my sister Rikki got home from her day, I showed it to her - she was very moved and appreciative. The many nights we ate at that restaurant (way in the back, my mom had 4 of us, and one of us was my brother...) - the grill man (what the heck was his name?) was the best in the biz. Thanks, Bruce. This ashtray is now a treasured heirloom, all the more precious for our having lost our folks last summer. Ah, the memories!!!

How wonderful.  I have my own special memories of eating there with my father.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2006, 12:36:19 PM »

I'm on the phone with the Danise.  She is in her room.  The pain meds are working and she isn't hurting, just feeling very groggy and weird.

Her mother took her overnight bag home by mistake with her phone, phone book, money, etc.  

Jane

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »

Vixmom I think I just answered your question.

FJL

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »

Vibes to Danise.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2006, 01:03:54 PM »

From Dan(the Man).
Shall we send flowers to her home?

That would be very nice.  Do you mean as a group?  

Jane

« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2006, 01:05:21 PM »

Interesting the subject is macaroni and cheese since that is exactly what we have been discussing around here.

Now that Craig is working Ioana is learning to cook.  She requested my macaroni and cheese recipe as a surprise for Craig.  She didn’t have a clue what cheddar or Colby/jack cheese was and I haven’t a clue what the cheese she used it (even though I’m sure I had some in Romania).  

She didn’t care for.  While different, Craig enjoyed it.  He said what they call macaroni is a long tube shaped noodle.  He will try to find something more like our macaroni.  He didn't comment on the cheese.

FJL

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »

Getting ready slowly for our whirlwind bar-mitzvah trip to Boca Raton on Saturday.  We're taking a 7:30 flight (I haven't tried to get anywhere by 7:30 in years!), the bar-mitzvah service is supposed to start at 11:30, then some festivities, and then we're flying back that night.  

But now we're hearing rumblings of just a little bit of snow on Saturday.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »

Oh, and WB said more Tarzan movies will be out this year, including the Lex Barker, etc. ones! (I am hoping that means the Gordon Scott ones!).

I don't think they said the TARZANs would be this year, DR MBarnum. Only that they own the rights to them and are working on them. The Weissmeuller/RKOs will definitely be next, and there are enough of those for a box. The Barkers, I would think, are far down the pipeline.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane, for giving us Danise news. Much appreciated.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up