Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THE WINNER IS...  (Read 51477 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:AND THE WINNER IS...
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2006, 03:56:37 PM »

Sky shot....hope no one in that traffic is just trying to get to Kroger's.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2006, 03:57:04 PM »

No, no HD for TV GUIDE channel.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »

Did Joan Rivers just tell George Clooney he'd be going home with a little gold man and "it's not Jackie Chan"?

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »

Obviously, the E! station is closer to the curb than TV GUIDE since we gets the stars with Joan after they've bee with Iziach.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »

Yup I am with Joan and Melissa all the way.

Dolly looked great.  I love DOLLY!!

And now the World of Wisdom Academy Award Day Results:

Dolly is one of them timeless people
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »

Did Joan Rivers just tell George Clooney he'd be going home with a little gold man and "it's not Jackie Chan"?

Yes, one of her more tasteful jokes.    ::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »

Not a huge fan of Joan.... I do like Melissa though...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

AARRGGHH!!!!  Yesterday, when I was ushering, my sister called and asked if she could borrow my computer keyboard.  Her boyfriend Larry was testing another computer at her house, but she only has a wireless keyboard and it would be too much trouble to hook it all up on this other computer.  So I said sure, go ahead.  I had logged out of my computer, so all Larry had to do was turn off my computer and take the keyboard.  He did.  He returned it and when I went to turn on my computer last night, everything seemed fine.  

Today, I turned on my computer and there was a problem!  My control key didn't work!  I use control-alt key combinations to start certain programs.  I couldn't figure it out, so I just turned off my computer and jiggled all of the wires connecting to the back and when I turned it on, everything worked.  BUT THERE WAS ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!  I went to my e-mail and all of the e-mails in my main e-mail address in-box were gone!!  Nothing was there except fifteen or so brand new e-mail addresses (and most were spam)! :P I don't know what happened.  I called my sister and Larry was there (they were having lunch).  He said that all he did was turn off my computer, take the keyboard and then put the keyboard back.  I don't think he did anything...he actually built/assembled my computer, so he knows what he's doing.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary when I logged into my computer and e-mail.  There were only about 30-40 e-mails in my inbox, and nothing contained life or death information, but still, it's damned frustrating to lose stuff like that.  However, it's not as bad as a couple of years ago when my whole computer crashed and I lost EVERYTHING!  So, I'm fairly luckly. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »

Lauren Hutton just said there were a lot of people outside the red carpet protesting BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN! That's the first real protests I'd heard about.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »

Jessica Alba's dress is gorgeous.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

Whoh! Felicity Huffman has a VERY low cut black dress. Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2006, 04:17:45 PM »

Jada Pinkett Smith has this startling indigo dress, very form fitting, and she looks great.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »

AARRGGHH!!!!  Yesterday, when I was ushering, my sister called and asked if she could borrow my computer keyboard.  Her boyfriend Larry was testing another computer at her house, but she only has a wireless keyboard and it would be too much trouble to hook it all up on this other computer.  So I said sure, go ahead.  I had logged out of my computer, so all Larry had to do was turn off my computer and take the keyboard.  He did.  He returned it and when I went to turn on my computer last night, everything seemed fine.  

Today, I turned on my computer and there was a problem!  My control key didn't work!  I use control-alt key combinations to start certain programs.  I couldn't figure it out, so I just turned off my computer and jiggled all of the wires connecting to the back and when I turned it on, everything worked.  BUT THERE WAS ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!  I went to my e-mail and all of the e-mails in my main e-mail address in-box were gone!!  Nothing was there except fifteen or so brand new e-mail addresses (and most were spam)! :P I don't know what happened.  I called my sister and Larry was there (they were having lunch).  He said that all he did was turn off my computer, take the keyboard and then put the keyboard back.  I don't think he did anything...he actually built/assembled my computer, so he knows what he's doing.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary when I logged into my computer and e-mail.  There were only about 30-40 e-mails in my inbox, and nothing contained life or death information, but still, it's damned frustrating to lose stuff like that.  However, it's not as bad as a couple of years ago when my whole computer crashed and I lost EVERYTHING!  So, I'm fairly luckly. :)

I hear ya I lost a lot when my puter crashed over a year ago...

George

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »

I agree on DAYS, DakotaCelt. The person who bothers me to no end though is Roman or John or whatever his name is. Drake Hogestyn. One of the most annoying actors known to mankind. I haven't watched the show in ages, but I can't even see that guy in a commercial.

Drake is the most favorite (soap) actor of a woman that I work with!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2006, 04:21:33 PM »

Salma Hayek has a tight soft purple dress hat looks wonderful on her.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2006, 04:22:47 PM »

Well, they hire these people because they AREN'T great interviewers. In their nervousness, no telling what they'll say.

good point

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »

Whoh! Felicity Huffman has a VERY low cut black dress. Wow!

I love it! and her hair and makeup look great.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

I love it! and her hair and makeup look great.

I agree. She can look wonderful, and tonight she does.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »

I love that Sandra Bullock's dress has pockets- brilliant!

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »

Nicole Kidman's dress is obviously expensive, but it's not eye-catching like some she's worn in years part.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »

I don't know from the Oscars, so I am planting tomatoe (a Dan Quayle reference) plants.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »

SW Ohio here, checking in for the Oscar bash!  DH Richard and I thoroughly enjoyed Thoroughly Modern Millie at Dayton's Victoria Theatre this afternoon.  We stopped and did a little shopping on the way home.  We've had some dinner and now I'm settled in here in my computer/dressing room.  The TV in here in a tiny B&W, so you all will have to tell me what color the dresses are!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »

Hi! Hey, my sister and I went to see TransAmerica today - wow. I don't care WHAT Reese Witherspoon "went through"... Felicity Huffman's performance is one of the great achievements. Yowza. What she did... in every way, off the charts. Hope she wins...
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2006, 04:31:02 PM »

Der B and I just got back from a shopping trip.  We're having to replace something the Dalmatian, Fletcher, broke.

What he broke was the toilet seat.

He's in the habit of getting nighttime slurps from the toilet.  He sticks his nose under the seat, lifts it up, and drinks what he wants.  Then he withdraws his head and BANG! the toilet seat comes down.

Well, he did it one time too many, and the seat cracked.  For a while, der B and I tried to cope with the broken seat, but it pinched our... uh, thighs, that's it, it pinched our thighs.  We toyed with the idea of using duct tape to work a repair, but in the end (remember, no groaning) getting a new seat won over.

Unfortunately, Home Depot was closed by the time we got going today.  Hey, we were tired from yesterday's trip to Philly, we got going late.  If Home Depot was closed, we figured Ames would be closed, too.  That left us with... Super K Mart.

That place gives me the creeps.  It's large and it's blindingly lit, and the workers there wander around like zombies.  Still, they did have toilet seats.  They had a wide variety of toilet seats.

They had white toilet seats.  They had oak toilet seats.  They had cheap plastic toilet seats like you find in gas station rest rooms.  They had toilet seats with palm trees embroidered on the cover.  In the end, we chose a padded toilet seat in a dusty shade of blue.  I thought it kinda matched der Brucer's eyes.

He's installing the seat now.  Hopefully, when Fletcher goes to get a drink tonight, and he will, the seat will fall down a little more quietly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2006, 04:31:59 PM »

Not a huge fan of Reese Witherspoon's dress.  It looks kind of puckery.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »

I switched over to the ABC preshow.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »

That marbling on Reece's dress kind of washes her out. Not impressive.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

That was interesting. They used pipe tobacco in the cigarettes in GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK.

George

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2006, 04:51:53 PM »

I saw a little bit with Felicity, but didn't get to see the back of her dress...hopefully, I'll get to see it as she's walking up the stairs to accept her award. ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »

The Vixter's 30 Hour famine was a rousing success and the 20 kids ages 13 -17 that participated were very happy to finally sit down to dinner at 6 PM last night.

The Vixter collected $410 in donations all on her lonesome and the gropup collected a total of $575 and seven shopping carts full of nonperishable items from customers of the the five supermarkets where they stood for three hours in the 40 degree temps with the wind blowing.

A nice dedicated bunch of kids.  Next week we will learn the dollar total collected by the group as a whole.

Very impressive!  Please tell the Vixter congratulations!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41   Go Up