Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE IS FLAIR?  (Read 46987 times)

Jason

Re:WHERE IS FLAIR?
« Reply #420 on: January 09, 2004, 08:40:52 PM »

Now I'm watching EUROPA EUROPA. Full male frontal nudity in the first five minutes...? It's got to be European!

I still haven't started cleaning like I said I would...I think perhaps it's time I got started.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 08:43:36 PM by Jason »

Jennifer

« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2004, 08:42:51 PM »

DR Jose: I had been on a health binge last year. But when I went off it for some reason I didn't gain any weight back. I think it was because I was biking a lot.

But at the beginning of Dec I had no choice. You mention wanting to fit into pants. Well my jeans wouldn't do up.  They had fit perfectly in September. So I was forced to take action. Or buy new clothes.

I haven't weighed myself this week. I don't think I"m back at what I was at. Although I feel like I should be. Does that make sense?

Danise

« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2004, 08:43:21 PM »

I know, Tom, I know.  

I know how you feel, Jose.  I started the GREAT diet this week.  Thought I was going to die of hunger a few times but as you can tell, I managed to survive.  Haven’t lost an ounce as far as I can tell either.  How disappointing.

The only advise I can give to you, Emily, is to let things cool off a bit but if you find you were a bit harsh or wrong, don’t be afraid to say your sorry.  If it’s a good friend, you will get past it.

I had to say I was wrong today regarding the XX and OO's.  It seems I've been wrong all of my life.  I was being kissed when I thought I was hugged and hugged when I thought I was kissed.  

« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 08:46:44 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2004, 08:45:29 PM »

Well, holy moley on rye if we aren't having a posting frenzy.  And it isn't even time for our late-night denizens to join the fray.  Why, if this were to keep up we might, we could conceivably, no, no, I won't say it.

Jennifer

« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2004, 08:49:39 PM »

DR Danise: What kind of diet are you on?

Good night all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2004, 08:51:09 PM »

DR Jose: Which rooms did Hildy and Kia do?  I can't believe that so many hate Hildy. She is one of my favorites. Yes the records and a few others have been horrid. But I usually love her stuff. When she doesn't go crazy she can do such beautiful stuff.

Btw, was the episode you just watched the one that played last sunday (where kia used a horrid neon yellow paint & hildy did a spectacular purple and blue kitchen).

That kitchen was so elegant. The man was so adamant about the pink/purple. But I had a feeling Hildy new the paint would dry dark.  He was happy at the end and so was I!

Yes, that was the episode I watched tonight.

Kia's TV room:  It wasn't bad except for that "horrid neon yellow paint" - although I think it was more like "horrid neon lime green paint".  ;)  I also had to question the choice of the pattern on the curtain sheers - looked kind of jungle-themed, I think.  And those industrial-velcro-ed mini-football "finials".. hmm....

Hildy's Kitchen:  It was very nice.  I think the paint effect could have been a bit more finessed - I would have gone for more of a lined effect, maybe something "combed".  But it was a nice room.  However, I would have liked to see a close up of the finished refrigerator - something tells me that spray epoxy, black finish is not so nice close up.  But, again, it was a nice room.

The big problem with Hildy, Kia, etc... Yes, some of the rooms are very nice.  But do they really fit with the rest of the house?  Sometimes they do.  Sometimes they don't.  Even Hildy's kitchen, you could tell that it did not "flow" with the immediate area - I wonder if the producers purposely kept the lighting in the surrounding rooms dark.  But then again, that's not the purpose of the show.  They do a room.  Not a house.  Ah, well...

My friends in Richmond are supposed to get their houses/rooms "Trading Space-d" this spring.  The excitement is mounting!
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #426 on: January 09, 2004, 08:51:22 PM »

A non working one.   :)  No, I thought I'd try that Special K thing.  Replace 2 meals with it and lose 6 pounds in two weeks.  I thought it would give me a kick start before I tried anything else.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2004, 08:51:36 PM »

I don't think I've ever confused the two in reality Danise. Oh the places I have hugged and been known to hug! No! It doesn't really work switching the deeds  around like the symbols.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2004, 08:56:19 PM »

No.  I guess that wouldn't work at all.  

Anyway I found it most interesting that I had been kissed instead of hugged (which is what started this whole thing) but if I had been both kissed and hugged, I never would have known I had it backwards.  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #429 on: January 09, 2004, 08:56:54 PM »

Holy moley on rye, we got us a roomful of Hainsies/Kimlets.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #430 on: January 09, 2004, 08:59:25 PM »

DR Jose: I had been on a health binge last year. But when I went off it for some reason I didn't gain any weight back. I think it was because I was biking a lot.

But at the beginning of Dec I had no choice. You mention wanting to fit into pants. Well my jeans wouldn't do up.  They had fit perfectly in September. So I was forced to take action. Or buy new clothes.

I haven't weighed myself this week. I don't think I"m back at what I was at. Although I feel like I should be. Does that make sense?

Exercise, I discovered, is what really does it for me - really helps me.  Even though the scale says I may not have lost weight, the way my clothes fit does.

-And this may be old news to some DRs - But a few years ago, I found that I really like running.  It's gets addictive at times.  Of course, now that's it winter, and cold outside.. And I hate running on a treadmill.  So...

In any case... Yes, I'm feeling a little bad about not being "really healthy" right now, but I'm not feeling bad about myself.  And, in the end, that's what really counts.

And, I do "know" that I will lose some more weight this year - it's just a matter of when.  I just woke up one day last year - well, about a year and three months ago - and said to myself, "Today's the day."  I'll be having another one of those mornings sooner rather than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #431 on: January 09, 2004, 09:01:03 PM »

I'm sorry but I have to ask as I've seen you say this a lot and I have no idea what it means. Just what are Hainsies/Kimlets?  I kinda get the Hainsie--that's some one who posts on the board (right?) but what makes one a Kimlet?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #432 on: January 09, 2004, 09:02:24 PM »

I must try being kissed backwards. That sounds like fun. Hugging certainly works both ways. Life is such an adventure. I spent last night mixing Skittles with M & Ms (Thanks to DR Robin) to get S & Ms and then I didn't know what to do with them. Some of us now suspect that MDS may be able to give advice in that area.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #433 on: January 09, 2004, 09:06:53 PM »

Emily I hope you can patch things up with your friend.

Dear Reader Laura I know how much you are hurting right now.  My deepest condolences.   :(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #434 on: January 09, 2004, 09:07:39 PM »

Goodnight all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #435 on: January 09, 2004, 09:08:01 PM »

No one can answer Danise's question?  What kind of Hainsies/Kimlets do we HAVE here?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #436 on: January 09, 2004, 09:09:02 PM »

I'm still debating whether to eat something.  On the one hand I had a huge lunch.  On the other hand it's nine o'clock and my last meal occured at one.  On the other hand, I'm not that hungry.  On the other hand I am that hungry.

Danise

« Reply #437 on: January 09, 2004, 09:09:33 PM »

If there's a wrong way to do something, I'm the one who will find it.

Well, it’s after midnight here and my coach had turned into a pumpkin.  That means I have to walk home–no bus service this late at night.  

Ya'll have a good one!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #438 on: January 09, 2004, 09:11:31 PM »

Hainsie is to Guy Haines as Kimlet is to Bruce Kimmel.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #439 on: January 09, 2004, 09:12:11 PM »

The most fantastic part of those Garland/DVD press releases is that the wonderful John Fricke is involved in running commentaries on two of the films and does intros on the others. This man is a walking Garland expert, and his commentary on THE WIZARD OF OZ laserdisc deluxe set was MORE than worth the price of that set. I was devastated that it wasn't ported over to the DVD release, but these new commentaries he's providing are what I'm MOST looking forward to.

And that Warners remastering process can't help but improve MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS which I don't think has ever really shown up brilliantly on home video. Those colors have never looked as vibrant and rich as you know they are capable of looking in Technicolor. This should really be a DVD to treasure.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 09:13:07 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2004, 09:13:12 PM »

???

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2004, 09:17:10 PM »

The Significant Other and myself went out for dinner at Tucci Benucch, an Italian restaurant at (of all places) the Mall of America, and stayed in to watch the deeveedee of THE MASK OF ZORRO.  The dinner was delicious, pesto chicken linguine; the movie was fabuluous, too...even if the print 20th Century Fox used wasn't exactly top-notch.  But, the movie is so darned fun, I cut it a lotta slack.  Really, really nice Alfred Newman score on this one.  The movie, not our dinner.  That had music provided by Bobby Darin, Keely Smith and Frank Sinatra.  Not too shabby an evening, overall.

I had some surprisingly good food at the Mall of America the one time I was there.  I was on tour, and we had an overnight stop in the Twin Cities, so most of us ended up spending a full day at the MoA.  And I actually walked the whole mall!  -Once you realize that a lot of stores have multiple locations in the mall, the whole mall is somewhat more manageable.  But back to the food...

The fast food and counter service outlets were very good - I guess the high turnover rate helps.  Fried cheese curds!!!  However, the one sit down meal I had - with a group of my tour mates - was just OK.  It was in that themed restaurant where each room is a different "atmosphere" - water, jungle, etc.  Atlantis, I think.  *I just check the MoA website, and none of the restaurants listed ring a bell, so maybe it's gone now.  We were in the jungle room - African savannah - I think.  The food was good, but from all the menu descriptions, the long lines and wait, and the prices, I expected a lot more.  It just seemed like home cooking on really nice plates with frou-frou garnishes.  I specifically remember the mushroom risotto - made with plain ole button mushrooms, and, some very "american" looking arborio rice.  Even the rest of my group was a little underwhelmed.  However, the cocktails were served in big glasses.. and were quite strong!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 09:20:47 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2004, 09:17:29 PM »

To be pedantic, Kimlet was Tony Walton's name for me - it's what he called friends - Jane Krakowski was Kraklet.  It became our designation for dear readers of this site, they were either Hainsies, after Guy Haines, or Kimlets, after me, or both, after both.

Matt H.

« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2004, 09:18:47 PM »

I'm with Dear Reader SWoodyWhite.  If Assassins qualifies as a new musical this year, then La Boheme should have qualified as a "new" musical last year.  I can just hear the presenter for Best Musical saying:  "Accepting for Giacomo Puccini is..."

Hey, Borodin won as Best Composer for KISMET and T.S. Elliott won two Tonys for score and book for CATS, both gentlemen having long since left this earth when they won their coveted awards.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »

Quick poll.

What was the worst musical you ever sat through or walked out on?
Der Brucer and I walked out on two, back to back!

The first was a production of No No Nannette at the Long Beach Civic Light Opera.  Horridly conceived, with a color scheme that somehow blended aqua, burgundy, and peach.  Not to mention that the show itself is one of the lamest ever given a major revival on Broadway; I'll never figure out how it became a hit.

This was followed, the next night, by a show called Fashion at the Alex Theater in Glendale.  It was a show that had been mounted rather quickly, as the funding for the production originally planned for that slot in the subscription series had fallen through.  Therefor, it was done on one set, with all the actresses in modern dress, although the play itself was set in a much earlier era.  It was so bad that der Brucer's snoring sounded better than what they'd given Dale Kristien to sing!  Amazingly, a cast album was made, particularly since the show sunk the production company affiliated with the Alex at the time, and almost sunk their other venue, the Pasadena Playhouse!

Now, I'll admit, I was going through a serious bout of depression at the time, but let's face it, if a musical can't lift my spirits, then there's something really wrong with the musical.  As it was, the depression gave us both a good excuse to head for home early.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2004, 09:30:16 PM »

The show I think I least enjoyed as an audience member as a kid was I HAD A BALL. I didn't.

As an adult, I didn't find a local production of BUBBLING BROWN SUGAR very entertaining. That book was really terrible, and not all of the talent could handle the songs they were given.

As for Broadway musicals as an adult, I really didn't think STARLIGHT EXPRESS was worthy of Broadway. I was delighted that even after a two year run, it lost millions and millions of dollars. It didn't deserve to make money.

RENT was so loud it gave me a horrendous headache, and much of the music just wasn't for me. But it's had a long, long profitable run, so obviously I'm in the minority.

Michael

« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2004, 09:38:09 PM »

with "Ultra-Resolution" Process

what exactly is that? I have never heard of this process
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2004, 09:38:54 PM »

Just finished watching 4 episodes of Bablyon 5. So very interesting to watch one after another.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2004, 09:42:11 PM »

I can't believe I am still up and we are heading for 500 posts! This is sooooo jiggy!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jed

« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2004, 09:43:33 PM »

Good golly, looks like we're at it again!  There's been some serious frenzying going on!  Well, I'm here to join the fun for the rest of the evening, continuing my quest for God-dom.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up